Weather/ temperature question.

CMMC

Hi there, 

I wondered if you might be able to help me. I go to the Caribbean every Christmas, as I love the balmy tropical heat - you can’t beat it! However, this coming Christmas, from December 2019, I’ve booked to travel on the Celebrity Equinox cruise ship, leaving from Miami and travelling around the Western Caribbean. My question is this; I hear that the top deck on all ships in the Caribbean are windy and therefore not very balmy to sit out on, is that correct? And also, that the Equinox is air conditioned inside, which means it’s cool, but that there’s basically nowhere hot and balmy to sit outside and read? I wasn’t planning to de-board for excursions, just to soak up the beautiful sunshine in hot, humid, tropical heat. My concern is that the decks on the ship are cold and windy, even in the Caribbean, particularly when the ship is at sea. 

I’d dearly love your advice, please. 
With grateful thanks,
CMMC

I just cruised in April and on a couple of days it was cooler than usual for that time of year (probably similar to what you would get in December) Honestly we did not like the top deck of our ship at any time due to the high wind, it was still warm, but the wind was annoying maintaining around 20 - 30 mph. There are plenty of decks (except the very top) that have great exposure but are protected enough where the wind isn't that annoying. I would imagine the same to be true on most cruise ships including Equinox... 

• Like 1

There is plenty of seating on Deck 14 (Lido) forward of the Oceanview Cafe (buffet).  Below that is the pool deck.  Probably the most windy would be the Lawn Club on deck 15.  Not so windy might be the Sunset Bar, deck 15 all the way aft.  For more suggestions, visit the Celebrity forum here, under Cruise Lines A-O.  EM

• Like 1

We cruise in December almost every year and only remember one cruise out of Galveston that was a little cooler, with temps around 65-70, once we got to the actual islands.  (The first and last days out of Galveston can be very cool in winter; it was 50's for us).

Usually it is pleasantly warm to hot.  As to wind, that varies a lot with the speed the ship is going and whatever weather is ocurring.  We can always find warm places that are sheltered from the wind.  Of course the topmost decks will have more wind normally.  We prefer not to be by the pools or on the very top.

Sailed once to Mexico where it was too hot on the sunny side of the Promenade deck and too cold on the shady side.  On the very top deck it was quite windy in some locations (both on the ship and the location of the ship in the ocean).  For instance, it was super windy when the ship crossed the point at the end of Cabo San Lucas, less once we were on the open ocean.  And none at all while anchored in the bay.  But always warm in the sun.