Wine selections on Whisper

WrigleyGirl90

Hello, 

I will be traveling on the Whisper soon from Barcelona to Lisbon and was wondering how their complimentary wine list stands? Were most happy with the included wines or will I feel the need to upgrade to which I'm sure that have wines to buy! Thanks in advance! 

They serve two different champagnes - Pommery and Monopole.  We had some nice reds, to include pinot noirs, merlots, cabs, cote'd rhones etc.  I think one red was Five (?) Rivers pinot noir, Pipoli red. Never could get a list and there is no way to remember them all without taking pictures or writing them down.  Didn't do either.  SS's included wines are by far heads and shoulders above the other luxury lines - Crystal, Regent, and certainly Seabourn.

Edited by DCCruiser57
typo
  • Like 1

The is a nice Cab Sav from Australia - the Grand Barossa. A couple of Aussie Shiraz’s, the Billi Billi is the lesser of the two. There is also a nice South American Syrah, Chilean I think, a decent South American Malbec, and the ubiquitous French Cote de Rhône. There are loads of others.

You have to talk with the sommeliers and each day (lunch and dinner) they offer different wines of the day.  If you don't like'prefer the offering, they will get you anything you like.  Also, SS will purchase local wines when in a region, i.e., Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, etc.  Counting the champagnes and roses (generally 2) they probably have 40 or more different complimentary wines.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:32 AM, MBP&O2/O said:

I sent an email to SS and asked for a copy of the comp. list. Got a very quick response with an xls attached.

No problems.

me too. that would be a very interesting email address.