Restaurants in Miami on eve of cruise

msperry27

Hello.  We are staying in Miami on the eve of our cruise in September.  Our hotel is located near the Blue Lagoon area (Hampton Inn and Suites) - are there any good recommendations for dinner in Miami maybe near there?  We won't have a car, so will either need to walk from hotel or get an Uber.  Any advice is appreciated!

There is not much near the airport. I would suggest looking into taking an uber to Coral Gables/Miracle Mile area or if you want to be closer Doral City Centre. 

I am really not up to date on my Coral Gables restaurants these days. But what price range? Looking for something Miami or just a good restaurant? 

Just a good restaurant...I'm not sure of Miami's price ranges, but would assume they are more than the nice restaurants here in Oklahoma..lol. Not looking to go too crazy, but also something nice and worth the money spent.

lol...when we cruised out of Miami, we got there mid day before.  I was able to fit in three Cuban places!!!

http://www.havanaharrys.com/
Don Pan International Bakery (just for pastelitos)
and for breakfast El Rinconcito El Chele Restaurant

While all good, the last is the only one I'd go out of my way to go back to.

We'll be staying at the Hyatt downtown in a little over a week by the Metro Mover so need to figure out someplace for dinner we can easily get to.

1 hour ago, Sabalon said:

lol...when we cruised out of Miami, we got there mid day before.  I was able to fit in three Cuban places!!!

http://www.havanaharrys.com/
Don Pan International Bakery (just for pastelitos)
and for breakfast El Rinconcito El Chele Restaurant

While all good, the last is the only one I'd go out of my way to go back to.

We'll be staying at the Hyatt downtown in a little over a week by the Metro Mover so need to figure out someplace for dinner we can easily get to.

If you like Latin American food go check out Pollo Y Jarras, you can walk or take the metromover to 2nd street station. 

Brickell City Center and Brickell have a lot of great places too. All depends what you're looking for. 

We like the 94th Aero Squadron restaurant on Red Road, across from the airport (and very near Blue Lagoon).  The food is good, you can watch the planes, there are headsets to listen to the control tower and because we got married there in 1995, it's one of our favorites.

• Like 1