Claim question when you change ships but still same date

So we booked theRCCL  Liberty, made final payment & insured through Nationwide all in the same day.   We have always used Nationwide cruise insurance but have never needed to file a claim until now.  A few weeks later we decided to change ships to RCCL Allure but still the same dates and actually got money back on the cruise so no change to the ins policy.  Well then we get an email saying we will no longer go to St Thomas and will go to San Juan instead.  Nationwide pays $1250 pp if a port of call is changed prior to departure so I have filed a claim but have to wait until we get back and have proof we actually took the cruise to proceed.  My question is has anyone had a problem with Nationwide paying the claim for a port of call change prior to departure and wondering if there will be any problem since we changed ships?  Thanks for any help.  I did call but really just get fill out the forms and send everything when you complete the cruise.

when submitting the purchase request when initially buying the insurance, did you say anything about the name of the ship?

I mean, I'm sure that you had to put date of departure, date of return,  Trip costs per person,   heck, you may have even had to say where you were going,,, but anywhere,,, did you say your were sailing on Liberty of The Seas?

No we did not have to put the ship.  The only hiccup I can see is we have to submit the invoice, the original with the dates of initial/final payment have the Liberty and the one for the Allure will have different "payment" dates but we got money back so I guess final payment would still be the original date.  

5 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

So we booked theRCCL  Liberty, made final payment & insured through Nationwide all in the same day.   We have always used Nationwide cruise insurance but have never needed to file a claim until now.  A few weeks later we decided to change ships to RCCL Allure but still the same dates and actually got money back on the cruise so no change to the ins policy.  Well then we get an email saying we will no longer go to St Thomas and will go to San Juan instead.  Nationwide pays $1250 pp if a port of call is changed prior to departure so I have filed a claim but have to wait until we get back and have proof we actually took the cruise to proceed.  My question is has anyone had a problem with Nationwide paying the claim for a port of call change prior to departure and wondering if there will be any problem since we changed ships?  Thanks for any help.  I did call but really just get fill out the forms and send everything when you complete the cruise.

I would have called Nationwide (or your travel insurance broker for starters) when I was making the change.

They may have wanted a formal "change" (allowed once per policy for our types of policies) or maybe even a new policy.  But we would not have wanted to risk having coverage/claim denied.

I'm not sure how to handle it at this late date...

GC

To get the $1250 the port of call has to be changed prior to departure, so that’s not a problem.  I didn’t have any problems with the claim.  You probably should call and discuss this ship change with Nationwide.