Willdra's Bodacious Carnival Breeze April 27-May 4 Cruise

willdra

Tonight, I'm gonna have myself a real good time. I feel alive. And the world-I'll turn it inside out yeah. I'm floating around in ecstasy. So don’t stop me now, don’t stop me. Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time. ~Queen~

First of all, if you just sang those lyrics as you were reading, we are now play cousins! 

Second, if this is your first time pulling up on one of my reviews, WELCOME! If you have been rocking with me from the giddy up (or at least once before), Welcome Back!

Here are links to my other reviews since we are limited to only a few hyperlinks in our signatures now. This will also help you get thru the "waiting for my next cruise" struggle. You're welcome.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2617548-willdras-outrageous-oasis-ots-october-21-28-cruise/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2474813-willdras-dramatic-carnival-dream-october-15-22-cruise/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2540688-willdra%E2%80%99s-hyperactive-carnival-horizon-april-15-22-cruise/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2416686-willdras-vivacious-carnival-vista-may-14-20-cruise/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2336437-willdra%E2%80%99s-majestic-carnival-magic-october-15-22-cruise/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2296425-willdra%E2%80%99s-magnificent-carnival-magic-july-9-16-cruise/

• Like 12

For this cruise W and I were sailing solo again. A and Z got married on March 8 (HALLELUJAH), they were still recovering from those festivities, and our son was busy working and supporting himself. Look at gawd! Won’t He Do It?!?!

This was cruise number 30 for us, but the BIG 25 on Carnival, and we were hyped, so let's kick it off!

My alarm was set for 5:30. Yes 5:30. AM. I was surprised when I heard it, and I immediately started the self bargain-ing  "sleep is more important than anything else right now" process. You know the one where you tell yourself that you don’t really need as much time as you thought to get ready. The old "If I just skip the daydreaming and social media-ing, I could sleep 15-29 more minutes." Yeah right.

Since I needed all the time I could get, to do something with my eyebrows, I compromised and got up at 5:40. I got ready first, then woke up W. We left the house around 7:15. My target was 7, so we were about right on schedule. We fought thru Atlanta traffic, and surprisingly it was on the light side.

At around 9:30 W started exiting the highway. Unusual. He pulled into a Chick Fil A, and I couldn’t resist throwing him a side eye. "Excuse me sir, but we always go to iHop on travel day. Are you new here?" I even wore my stretchy skirt to make room for pancakes. Copious amounts of pancakes.

Ordinarily I would’ve had a mini hissy fit (that’s a southern temper tantrum), but since W does all the driving and my only job is to entertain myself between naps, him swerving, and bathroom breaks, I let it go. We went in, utilized the facilities and ordered food. When our order came out, I didn’t even look in the bag to check it. I always figure CFA knows what’s best for me, and who am I to argue with people this nice??? Especially when they just bid me a blessed day, and held the door open as we walked out. We threw some condiments in the bag and burned rubber over to the Kroger for gas. Being from Cincinnati, W’s first choice for gas and groceries is always Kroger. He knows where every Kroger is on every route that we take going anywhere. That’s some fierce loyalty. Maybe it’s some kind of cult. I’ll look into it when we get back.

Here I am, patiently waiting for this ride to be ova!

46796518585_33e1957467_c.jpg

We drove for what felt like an eternity, then right when I was contemplating faking my own death so that W would let me out of the car for awhile, we pulled into the hotel. This time we were staying at the Homewood Suites. Check In was easy and quick. I’d already checked in on the app, therefor going to the desk was a mere formality. We’d purchased the cruise parking package, and we were given instructions for the shuttle the next day. I liked it because I got to choose our departure time, and I chose 10:30. They still had 9:45, 10:30, and 11:30, available. Nice. Gotta love options.

40860632153_849112df01_c.jpg

W went to park the car, and I pushed the cart with the luggage to our room. The hotel is only a few years old and it still felt new. I grabbed my camera to take pictures as soon as I got into our room, but it wouldn’t turn on. Hmmm. Ok maybe I clicked the wrong button. Nope, right button, no action.  Then I suddenly realized that I didn’t remember packing the battery and charger! I charged the battery up the day before and I put everything together on the dresser afterwards. When I packed the camera and lenses I didn’t see the charger so I didn’t think about it. I wouldn’t have just left it (that's not like me at all. most of the time). I also remembered that W put his stuff on top of the spot of the dresser where my camera equipment was (very like him).  So I think the battery was left fully charged in the charger, on my dresser at home. In. Georgia. Dude.

Le OMG. W and I did some quick internetting and we found a replacement battery and charger at a Best Buy in Melbourne. I had no idea where Melbourne was, but I knew it was not 5 minutes away. The other issue, was that they had a total of one. We jumped in the car, and W literally flew to BB. We arrived as fast as we could, and I swear I jumped out while the car was still moving. I took a walk of shame to the camera section, and snatched the packages up in a flash! That was a close call. To avoid these fire drills in the future,  I’m going to start packing sooner than the day before we leave, and use one of my 96 packing lists. Maybe.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

We went back to the hotel where I was able to take some pictures of our accommodations. I also sent up a "good looking out" to God for getting us to the hotel a day early, and for saving that battery and charger for me at Best Buy. I swear He takes care of fools and babies. It's a good thing too, cuz I felt like both.

47827009461_dc5ded3681_c.jpg

46910851835_0034a3f027_c.jpg

32883304817_a65f46ece6_c.jpg

46910847155_466e4b255f_c.jpg

32769352867_aebc5ed620_c.jpg

40746253883_821747c562_c.jpg

46796509565_74282eda26_c.jpg

46796509815_a663d61acd_c.jpg

47659688462_a5c30f0693_z.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After my life was back in order (for the time being) we went to Florida Beer Co to see if we could take a tour. Their website is vague, and I really couldn’t tell when the tours were held. We went in, asked a server, and found out the tours are only on Saturdays at 2. We opted to do a taste test instead, and I fell in love with the Caribe Strawberry Rose Cider. Delish! W tried the FL Red and he said it was meh. We sent A and Z a text asking them to pick one from the website that they liked so we could bring them home a 6 pack. Z picked the Carib Lager. We got him the cans instead of the bottles since they would sit in the car a week. I hope they don’t go bad!

33832374918_29ef551b91_c.jpg

46910879225_573a32316d_c.jpg

47827023031_41e3016508_c.jpg

47827018761_06de7ed823_c.jpg

33949782798_bbbf1952eb_c.jpg

46910879435_9fa8bf44e8_c.jpg

47037491354_fe135f6deb_c.jpg

• Like 1

After we left the Beer Co, we went to Fishlips for dinner. There was no wait and we just walked right up to the upstairs deck and chose seats.  I ordered the Mandarin Cosmo, Buffalo Shrimp, and the Shrimp and Lobster Roll. W got the FL Red Lager (guess he liked it after all) and the Angus Burger.  Our food came out really fast, and it was great. The Buffalo Shrimp were cooked to absolute perfection, and so was everything else. We also enjoyed the singer out there. He played a good variety of songs, and he even threw in some Disney for the kids. I’m so glad that we chose Fishlips this time. We will definitely be back!

33949743708_04c5e9488d_c.jpg

46793501715_9e42c21cfd_c.jpg

47826964841_e01bda466a_c.jpg

47037447484_2e32da938e_c.jpg

33949738978_d89987f87b_c.jpg

46910820735_ba2987f398_c.jpg

33949737188_afb0f3d409_c.jpg

40860589803_f65fd34db8_c.jpg

33949736938_e0308618f3_c.jpg

Once we were stuffed and bursting at the seams, we walked over to the Seafood Market next door, but it was closed. We were thinking about stopping there before the drive home to get some fresh seafood to take back. We wanted to get an idea of what they had to offer. Since that was a big fat no, we rode down to Ron Jon. Finally! This is one of my happy places. W low key dreads it tho, cuz I get lost in there and he has to send a search party to find me. When we drove in and parked, W didn’t even get out of the car. He knew he had to give me a 15-20 minute head start. Smart man.

I looked around downstairs and upstairs, but nothing was calling my name (except W), so I made no purchases on this go round. I did find a few possibilities tho, and if I didn’t find cuter stuff in the Caribbean, we could go back. W leapt for joy that I was ready quick, but he also cringed when I said we may have to return. He needs to control his emotions.

When we got back to the hotel, W found a space up front, and he decided to back in. Why did it take 38 minutes for this? Bruh. You totes just made this simple task super complicated. He was determined tho, so I acted like I didn’t notice. A little. I did ask if there was some sort of award or cash prize involved in this parking competition. Unfortunately all he got was the satisfaction of knowing that he finally did it. Womp womp. Since we were officially in vacay mode, I let him have his imaginary victory. And a huge eye roll. 

Back in the hotel, we rearranged our bags, watched some of the NFL Draft, and chilled until bedtime.

Before I fell asleep I said a prayer thanking God for leftovers and "to go" boxes! I didn’t eat all of my shrimp and lobster roll from dinner, so I brought it back with me for a late night snack. It was absolutely perfect, and at the moment, I felt as smart as someone who reads all of the terms and conditions of everything.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Great to see you are writing another review,Wildra!

I enjoy your writing style,humor and nightly thank you prayers !

Congratulations on A’s and Z’s wedding !

I am thinking that you and W enjoyed the cruise.

.Looking forward to reading all about it.

And tonight, I will send up a prayer to say thank you for  another Wildra review !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, willdra said:

After we left the Beer Co, we went to Fishlips for dinner. There was no wait and we just walked right up to the upstairs deck and chose seats.  I ordered the Mandarin Cosmo, Buffalo Shrimp, and the Shrimp and Lobster Roll. W got the FL Red Lager (guess he liked it after all) and the Angus Burger.  Our food came out really fast, and it was great. The Buffalo Shrimp were cooked to absolute perfection, and so was everything else. We also enjoyed the singer out there. He played a good variety of songs, and he even threw in some Disney for the kids. I’m so glad that we chose Fishlips this time. We will definitely be back!

33949743708_04c5e9488d_c.jpg

46793501715_9e42c21cfd_c.jpg

47826964841_e01bda466a_c.jpg

47037447484_2e32da938e_c.jpg

33949738978_d89987f87b_c.jpg

46910820735_ba2987f398_c.jpg

33949737188_afb0f3d409_c.jpg

40860589803_f65fd34db8_c.jpg

33949736938_e0308618f3_c.jpg

Thanks for the port Canaveral restaurant reviews! This helps me decide!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 2bthere said:

I'm so glad I decided to visit this forum to see your posting. You write up great reviews and I know this will keep me checking back many times for updates.

Thanks so much for checking in!! 🙏🏾