Willdra's Bodacious Carnival Breeze April 27-May 4 Cruise

willdra

So Willdra...I hate to bump this old review (although if newbies haven't seen it, they are in for a treat!), but you have been on my mind. I know that you usually cruise on the fall. Did that happen? Anything new to share? I know that I'm not the only one who misses your reviews around here 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 4:17 PM, AKR2011 said:

So Willdra...I hate to bump this old review (although if newbies haven't seen it, they are in for a treat!), but you have been on my mind. I know that you usually cruise on the fall. Did that happen? Anything new to share? I know that I'm not the only one who misses your reviews around here 🙂

Thanks so much for checking on me! In Oct. W, A, Z, and I spent 2 weeks in Paris and  London in lieu of a cruise. We are currently planning our spring cruise tho, so I’ll be back very soon with a full report on all of that rambunctiousness! 😄

• Like 3

On 1/10/2020 at 4:23 PM, hoopersville said:

Hi there -

which homewood suites hotel did you stay at on your way down??? 

We were at the Port Canaveral Homewood Suites, 9000 Astronaut Blvd.,  Cape Canaveral 32920. I highly recommend it, we would def stay there again.

Here is the link: 

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/mlbcbhw-homewood-suites-cape-canaveral-cocoa-beach/

19 hours ago, willdra said:

Thanks so much for checking on me! In Oct. W, A, Z, and I spent 2 weeks in Paris and  London in lieu of a cruise. We are currently planning our spring cruise tho, so I’ll be back very soon with a full report on all of that rambunctiousness! 😄

I hope you had an incredible trip abroad, and happy cruise planning! I'll catch you in the spring 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you for the laughs! My coworkers have been looking at me like I'm crazy...ok, that's not exactly anything new. I miss my sweet lady, Breeze. She's all that's right in this world. We get to board her *ahem* older sister, Dream in 23 days. I'm very eager to get back out on the high seas!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Willdra, great review, I love your sense of humor. Definitely a talented entertainer! Just a couple questions:

Which Carnival ship is you’re favorite?

I noticed from the photos on your last cruise day, the ship doesn’t look very crowded? Was that truly the case or some kind of fluke?
I will be on the Breeze August 1 for the eastern Caribbean itinerary with my six siblings, spouses and Mom and it’s our first time on a mega ship. I am a little worried about the crowds. 

Thanks again for the great review and all of the photos! Before I go to bed I’ll say a little prayer for safe sailings and blessed life for my favorite reviewer 😉

• 2 months later...

We are now way into this stay at home rule due to the virus and I have had two cruises cancelled because of it. I needed to read something to make me laugh and remind me of how wonderful cruising is. Right away I looked up one of your reviews. I have read them all , but need to reread them to brighten my day. I hope you are well and safe, thanks for the uplift !

9 hours ago, teacher34 said:

We are now way into this stay at home rule due to the virus and I have had two cruises cancelled because of it. I needed to read something to make me laugh and remind me of how wonderful cruising is. Right away I looked up one of your reviews. I have read them all , but need to reread them to brighten my day. I hope you are well and safe, thanks for the uplift !

Great idea! I could use a lift, as well. I had my 50th Anniversary B2B Cruise on the Magic for April 5 & 11 cancelled, along with the long road trip down to Florida from Buffalo, NY, and all our bookings along the way—-including our vow renewal in the little town we were married in 50 years ago. Instead, this milestone anniversary has been spent shut in the house. 😢

On 4/24/2020 at 9:27 PM, teacher34 said:

The Rona claimed our May 2 Vista cruise like she paid for it, so W and I are currently looking for our next adventure at sea. Since the universe has a sense of humor, we are considered “essential” (for what, I don’t know) employees, so we are still working outside of our home.

All is well, tho since we use our off days to drink water, mind our own business, wash our hands, and consume the entire contents of our kitchen. When all of this is over, we will all be back out there sailing the seas (with much bigger butts of course)! 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I am enjoying your review again (at least the second or more time).  I love your pictures and your style of writing.  I wish we were all on a cruise now, or at least soon.  I have no idea when.

Keep sailing and writing, so I can enjoy some more.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi Willdra!!

Another awesome review!!!  And more fantastic pictures!!!  I'm loving everything!!!

The Breeze is one of my favorites. We've been her three times before she left us in Texas!  You brought back some very happy times. We've also been to those ports several times and loved the itinerary each and every time.

Again I thank you for taking me along!!!

hugs

Nicki

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

@willdra! 😯 Where are you? Are you headed back to sea? I may need to add that to my own nightly prayers. I miss your reviews and humor and hope that you are well ❤

LOL!!! We just returned from 2 cruises, and I'm about to start my reviews, but my pictures are making me want to chuck my laptop in the bins! 🙄 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/10/2019 at 3:10 PM, willdra said:

After we left the Beer Co, we went to Fishlips for dinner. There was no wait and we just walked right up to the upstairs deck and chose seats.  I ordered the Mandarin Cosmo, Buffalo Shrimp, and the Shrimp and Lobster Roll. W got the FL Red Lager (guess he liked it after all) and the Angus Burger.  Our food came out really fast, and it was great. The Buffalo Shrimp were cooked to absolute perfection, and so was everything else. We also enjoyed the singer out there. He played a good variety of songs, and he even threw in some Disney for the kids. I’m so glad that we chose Fishlips this time. We will definitely be back!

33949743708_04c5e9488d_c.jpg

46793501715_9e42c21cfd_c.jpg

47826964841_e01bda466a_c.jpg

47037447484_2e32da938e_c.jpg

33949738978_d89987f87b_c.jpg

46910820735_ba2987f398_c.jpg

33949737188_afb0f3d409_c.jpg

40860589803_f65fd34db8_c.jpg

33949736938_e0308618f3_c.jpg

Once we were stuffed and bursting at the seams, we walked over to the Seafood Market next door, but it was closed. We were thinking about stopping there before the drive home to get some fresh seafood to take back. We wanted to get an idea of what they had to offer. Since that was a big fat no, we rode down to Ron Jon. Finally! This is one of my happy places. W low key dreads it tho, cuz I get lost in there and he has to send a search party to find me. When we drove in and parked, W didn’t even get out of the car. He knew he had to give me a 15-20 minute head start. Smart man.

I looked around downstairs and upstairs, but nothing was calling my name (except W), so I made no purchases on this go round. I did find a few possibilities tho, and if I didn’t find cuter stuff in the Caribbean, we could go back. W leapt for joy that I was ready quick, but he also cringed when I said we may have to return. He needs to control his emotions.

When we got back to the hotel, W found a space up front, and he decided to back in. Why did it take 38 minutes for this? Bruh. You totes just made this simple task super complicated. He was determined tho, so I acted like I didn’t notice. A little. I did ask if there was some sort of award or cash prize involved in this parking competition. Unfortunately all he got was the satisfaction of knowing that he finally did it. Womp womp. Since we were officially in vacay mode, I let him have his imaginary victory. And a huge eye roll. 

Back in the hotel, we rearranged our bags, watched some of the NFL Draft, and chilled until bedtime.

Before I fell asleep I said a prayer thanking God for leftovers and "to go" boxes! I didn’t eat all of my shrimp and lobster roll from dinner, so I brought it back with me for a late night snack. It was absolutely perfect, and at the moment, I felt as smart as someone who reads all of the terms and conditions of everything.

Thank you God! Amen 

• 1 month later...

I just found one of your reviews yesterday, read it all, and went back for more!
Your descriptions of laugh out loud funny.

love how you thank God every night, I did that last night but I had to borrow your pillows so we don’t have to sleep on stones!