Willdra's Bodacious Carnival Breeze April 27-May 4 Cruise

willdra

Next, W and I went upstairs to finish getting ready. The previous day at check in, I was told to be downstairs by 10:20 for the shuttle. We came down right at 10:20, found the shuttle line, and were boarded immediately. We drove off at exactly 10:30. Glad I followed directions for once! We arrived at the Disney Fantasy at 10:36, unloaded those passengers, then went over to the Breeze. Their whole shuttle process was on point. Gold Star for Homewood Suites on this one!

At the Breeze, we unloaded the shuttle, pointed out our luggage, then walked over to the Priority Line to check in and board. We were waived right through. I didn’t have time to do anything, but keep it moving. They didn’t even look twice at W's carryon bag, which is normally a source of some sort of suspicion and concern. We walked onboard the Breeze at 10:48. Cha Cha Real Smooth.

On the ship, we went straight to our cabin 2373. It was a Cove Balcony right at midship. When we got there, the door was closed, and our cards were not in the mailbox. We waited and maybe 3 minutes later our Cabin Steward, Heru, walked down the hall with the cards. He asked our names, we told him, and he handed W the envelope. W opened it, but the cards inside were not ours. I must admit, I got a bad feeling when he didn’t even look at the envelope first. W had to chase (by chase, I mean yell down the hall without actually breaking a sweat) Heru down to give him those cards in exchange for our real cards.

Once we got the correct room keys, we went into the cabin and I took a few pictures. We noticed right away that it was really warm and muggy in there. W turned on the air and closed the curtains in hopes that it would get better. Giving the cabin time to cool off,  we walked around a little and wound up at Tides Bar.  W wanted to get a soda and I wanted to get some outside pictures while the ship was still kinda empty. We stayed up on 12 for a while. We even walked over to Serenity. It was almost completely vacant.

40860558033_e93d9be53e_c.jpg

46910774385_79f749a45f_c.jpg

47037404844_2d413bdfab_c.jpg

32883231397_ccf4b7dabc_c.jpg

32883228927_fa1f522f4c_c.jpg

• Like 1

33949623808_c8bc127d76_c.jpg

47826855421_dd874eb9f8_c.jpg

47826855251_97e6fbe3e7_c.jpg

After our stroll, we went back down to 2373. Leaving the air on and the curtains closed worked! It was cool as a cucumber in there. At this point, there was really nothing else to do but take a nap! I set my alarm for 2 pm and climbed in. I'm here to testify that there’s no nap like a cruise nap y’all. I think I look forward to the naps just as much as the cruise itself. W was tired too and we were both out in record time. Elvis had left the building.

• Like 6

Promptly at 1:55 our cabin phone rang jarring W and I awake. W went over to answer but it stopped ringing by the time he got there. Seriously? While he was getting rejected by the caller, I checked the hallway, and our luggage was there waiting for us. No telling how long it had been there. I decided that food was a priority over unpacking, and if I didn’t have a burger from Guy's, I would surely perish. Not really, but I would die a little inside, which could be just as bad. W agreed, and we went foraging for food. Miraculously, the line wasn’t that long. W and I split up to divide and conquer, then we met back at the table with our edibles (legal ones).

40860483523_d5e0274ab1_c.jpg

47826839161_f2d429e36b_c.jpg

33949594188_b168a1290f_c.jpg

• Like 1

We ate leisurely and pretty soon it was time for Muster Drill. W proclaimed that he knew where our station was, and he wanted to just go straight there. When we got there, we were way too early. We decided to go back to 2373 and unpack a little before the drill. Yes. We were that early. I got most of my unpacking done by the time the bell tolled. We were on Deck 2 and our station was C4. It was located on Deck 4 in the Conference Room. When we arrived, there was standing room only, with a few seats for the people who had trouble standing.  If you are in Muster Station C4, get there on time. One good thing about it was that W had to stay awake since he was standing up. I didn’t have to nudge him to wake up at all this time. #Blessed

The drill itself was pretty fast, with most of the time taken up calling names, and looking for lost souls. I will never understand why it takes peeps so long to show up or find the right station. I guess they want to do their own thing. At the expense of others. It's 2019 out here. Do better people.

When the signal sounded for us to file out, the seated guests and guests with kids left first. Then it was everyone else’s turn. We wanted to be out of there so bad, but of course, there were folks standing around talking and blocking the door. Why is it impossible to walk and talk at the same time? Why is it also impossible to not hold everyone else hostage? 

While we were trying to dig our way out, I saw a young lady zipping through the side, so I jumped behind her. W was right on my tail, and we made it out of the cave quick after that. The next move was up to the Lido. We wrestled with several bad ideas, then settled on the worst one, which was to take the struggle walk up to 10. Even though it was only a 6 flight climb, I had 3 mini strokes and an asthma attack on the way (I don’t have asthma). I think I may have also died. Twice.  The Cruise Line really should have crew members handing out hits of oxygen at the top of the stairs. I might even pay a couple of bucks for a whiff. 

We survived the climb, breathed heavily for a few minutes, then found a love seat, and parked it for the party. I wanted a Funship Special (cuz almost dying requires alcohol), so W went in search of one while I waited. The party kicked off on time, and as usual it was on and poppin. Carnival really knows how to hold a Sail Away Party. Ours was on swole. It seemed like every guest on board was present! Schwartz was our Cruise Director this time, and he’s a little fireball with extra energy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

W was gone awhile, but he finally made it back with my drink. It was very tasty and I was glad he got it for me. It was warm out in the sun, so we sat in the shade and watched everyone busting a move to kick off the cruise.

47774798412_0ca58dd412_c.jpg

47826839231_abdc2f75f0_c.jpg

47826829821_5c824c736a_c.jpg

32883146267_72d0823b55_c.jpg

47037317224_15205ab5ae_c.jpg

• Like 1

We stayed out until the last song started, then we went back to 2373 to finish unpacking. It didn’t take long at all. We decided to go find W a bar, and me some juice next. I thought maybe they would have juice on Deck 5, but we didn’t see any. Since that was a bust, we got back on the elevator and rode up to 10. On the ride up, we were amazed at how many times the doors opened and people would start getting on, then suddenly change their mind. Or they would arrive to their floor, then just stand there like they forgot where they were going. I had no idea what that was all about, but whatever they were drinking, make mine a double!

We got the juice and a Diet Coke for W, then we went back to the cabin and chillaxed. W decided later that he wanted pre dinner (shocker!) so around 6:30 we went to see and be seen. To nobody’s surprise, our pre-dinner snack turned into a whole meal. I had pizza and tiramisu. W had a baked potato, chicken, and tiramisu. I also got a plate to take some of the chocolate chip cookies back. That’s really the only reason that I went. W always leads me to the dark side tho (I don’t resist much). After pre-dinner, we went back and sat on the balcony until it was time to get ready for dinner Number 2.

We had reservations at Cucina Del Capitano that night at 8:30. We arrived and were seated promptly. I had the Arancini and Nonna’s Dish. W got the Calamari, Eggplant Parmesan, and Nonna's Dish (copycat). We were not really hungry, but the food was terrific. We took our time eating, and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant wasn’t crowded at all, and I highly recommend going on the first night. We ordered dessert even tho we were pushing the limits of the seams in our clothes. When it was just a shame how much food we’d eaten, we paid and left.

46910663455_cbc0d9f001_c.jpg

47826807251_5e314cecb5_c.jpg

47826809151_8cd4ed4120_c.jpg

47774780082_83d9abb899_c.jpg

47774779932_bc8f3693b6_c.jpg

40860453833_112dcae793_c.jpg

• Like 4

On the way back, we passed right by the Limelight Lounge where the comedy show was about to start, so we went in. Our plan was to walk off some of these calories then hit the Welcome Aboard Show at 9:45. Welp both of us must have A.D.D., cuz as soon as we saw the Comedy Club, we didn’t hesitate to go in. The comedian was DJ Cooch, and he was good. As soon as the show was over, we went down to the Welcome Aboard Show. Ummmm…..So yeah, after about 15 minutes, W and I gave each other the “let’s get the heck outta here” look. It was like watching TV static, and I still don’t really know what it was about. It all felt really random. Vacay time is too precious to spend on something you don’t enjoy, so we flew outta there.

We went back to the cabin, and sat outside on the balcony and read until bedtime.

46910646205_c446b5f1ee_c.jpg

Before I fell asleep,  I said a prayer thanking God for the lives of the people who brought us The Cupid Shuffle. There’s something about that song that always puts me in a good mood, which is not easy to do.  I’m 99.9% sure that there will be Cupid Shuffling in Heaven. Down, down, do your dance, do your dance.

• Like 7

Following. I love your writing style! We cruised the Breeze in March for the Eastern itinerary and had a fabulous time, so I want to relive it through your review! We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites across the road from the Homewood Suites, but the Homewood looked much nicer. Will need to consider it for the next cruise out of Port Canaveral. But first, I have a cruise on the Glory out of NOLA in February and a B2B on the Magic out of Ft Lauderdale in April (for our 50th Anniversary) We saw that beer company on Astronaut Blvd and didn’t realize you could go in there! We will need to add that for another time. Can’t wait to read more of your review. 

• Like 1

Loving this and your sense of humour.   I'm hoping to be on the Breeze in February and debating on the Cove Balcony...thinking it may be cooler as it's more shaded from the sun.   Let us know what you think 🙂

• Like 1

Still following your report, chuckling and reading pieces to my husband who gets your humour.
I can so relate with the start of the mountain climbing stairs at the beginning of our cruise. We're pretty good getting our groove and not hauling each other with a safety rope by day 3.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, willdra said:

Before I fell asleep,  I said a prayer thanking God for the lives of the people who brought us The Cupid Shuffle. There’s something about that song that always puts me in a good mood, which is not easy to do.  I’m 99.9% sure that there will be Cupid Shuffling in Heaven. Down, down, do your dance, do your dance.

Yes. This. With an exclamation point!

I love great writing, hence I love this review!

I never knew that a good FICO Score, Lavender, and CrackerBarrel's Chicken and Dumplings had anything in common or anything to do with the weather, so thanks for teaching me something today!

I’m particularly interested in your review not only to learn about Chicken and Dumplings, but also to read about your experience on Breeze after being on Oasis. Our family has been on 3 cruises-only Oasis class ships.  But I just booked Breeze today for our Spring Break as I’m unwilling to sell one of my kids or vital organs to raise the cash to pay what RC wants for Harmony for Spring Break. So your review is particularly interesting to me!

Looking forward to the rest!  Carry on....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, crusing48/51 said:

You took good care of the Breeze. DH and I sailed on her May 18, and had a great time. Love a Wildra review! Carry on, and thank you! Following!

Thank you! 🥰