Willdra's Bodacious Carnival Breeze April 27-May 4 Cruise

willdra

Everyone was present and seated when we arrived. For dinner I had the Fried Shrimp, Penne Mariscos, and Samson brought me the Pescado Asado Cubierto con Tostones since I couldn’t decide between the two. I couldn’t finish both of the dishes, but they were really good. W had Flat Iron Steak which is his staple. We didn’t really talk to our neighbors much cuz everyone was wiped out.

33926721638_37de0a00bb_c.jpg

47803576161_3fb5a886c3_c.jpg

47751568942_1bfc4103b0_c.jpg

46887279645_552fcf03ec_c.jpg

32860226987_8621b481a8_c.jpg

46887241635_bf7b3b6563_c.jpg

• Like 1

For dessert W ordered the Cheesecake and I got Butter Pecan Ice Cream. We ate as much as we could, then we went to the Promenade deck to the Fun Shops. I wanted to get a few items in the shops before I forgot (which happens all of the time).

On the way there, we heard music and people laughing. It was the 70’s Music Trivia,  so we stuck around for it.  We were too late for the first comedy show, but this was a good alternative. We stayed there awhile, then dropped my bags off at 2373, before going to see 88 Keys.

We didn’t watch all of 88 Keys. It was a snooze fest (especially since I missed my nap)! I've had more fun watching my nail polish dry. We needed to leave at 10:45, to catch the next comedy show, and we were not mad about leaving either.

47826229341_eb165350d1_c.jpg

47793927091_fb35e53929_c.jpg

• Like 1

Right at 10:44, we jumped up and booked it outta there. There was no reason at all, to stay. We got to the Limelight Lounge about 30 minutes before the show, and it was already filling up. The comedian was Sean Kemp and he was funny. After the show we went back to 2373 and got ready for bed.

40827680383_3cdccf1443_c.jpg

Before I fell asleep, I said a prayer thanking God for guacamole.  Not only is it fun to say, but whoever in the history of the world thought up slicing an avocado and adding some veggies to it to concoct this deliciousness, needs to have an express ticket to heaven! Let the church say Amen.

• Like 2

Loving the review and humor, Willdra. Asking a big favor for friends sailing this itin on July 13th. Would you post the Fun Times for Belize and Roatan, please. And also the last 2 days when you get to them in your review. Thank you.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, willdra said:

On the way back, we hit the Dufry and found some good prices. I was able to score a few bottles of alcohol as gifts, for some of my peeps back home.

Quick question:  Does Carnival security confiscate your duty-free alcohol bought in port and deliver it to your cabin the night before disembarkation? I ask because I have walked right back on the ship and through security with alcohol some times, and other times I've had to declare it when returning from port. Thank you and carry on with your fine review!!

• Like 1

Loving your review so far!! I was on the Breeze in December and will be returning to her again in 2021. That's too long to wait, so reading your review is giving me something to look forward to. Can't wait for the next day!

• Like 1

I got a late start, but am really enjoying your review Willdra and am following!  We will be sailing on the Breeze for the first time in Dec 20 (way too far off).  I love your sense of humor, and really enjoyed hearing about your tour in Belize with the Seniors.  I was laughing out loud at the computer and my husband thought I was crazy.  He's a Senior, BTW.  I really look forward to the rest of your review and will definitely get caught up on your earlier reviews.  Thanks so much.  Keep it coming!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rn4t5 said:

Loving the review and humor, Willdra. Asking a big favor for friends sailing this itin on July 13th. Would you post the Fun Times for Belize and Roatan, please. And also the last 2 days when you get to them in your review. Thank you.

Thanks! I will post them at the end. 

21 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Quick question:  Does Carnival security confiscate your duty-free alcohol bought in port and deliver it to your cabin the night before disembarkation? I ask because I have walked right back on the ship and through security with alcohol some times, and other times I've had to declare it when returning from port. Thank you and carry on with your fine review!!

They are supposed to take the alcohol that we bring back, but sometimes they miss it on the scanner. I’ve also seen them tell passengers to go check it in, and the passengers just keep walking. So even tho they find it, sometimes they don’t have the manpower to enforce the rule and make sure it’s actually checked in. 

We check ours ours in whether they tell us to or not. I don’t want to risk having the cabin steward find it, and it gets “lost”. 🙃

2 hours ago, jann2793 said:

Loving your review so far!! I was on the Breeze in December and will be returning to her again in 2021. That's too long to wait, so reading your review is giving me something to look forward to. Can't wait for the next day!

Thank you so much! I don’t blame you for booking her again. She’s a beautiful ship. 🥰

29 minutes ago, Amadawn1 said:

I got a late start, but am really enjoying your review Willdra and am following!  We will be sailing on the Breeze for the first time in Dec 20 (way too far off).  I love your sense of humor, and really enjoyed hearing about your tour in Belize with the Seniors.  I was laughing out loud at the computer and my husband thought I was crazy.  He's a Senior, BTW.  I really look forward to the rest of your review and will definitely get caught up on your earlier reviews.  Thanks so much.  Keep it coming!

Thank you so much for jumping in! 😆

• Like 1

Costa Maya

After spending almost a week on this ship, I have come to the conclusion that there are quite a few people sailing on here toothless. Yes, you read that right. Toothless (baldheaded in the mouth). I’m not here to judge what folks do with their money, but it seems to me, if given a choice between taking a cruise and having teeth, I would be team teeth.  All the way.

Let’s move on.

This was an early day for us as we would only be in port until 2 pm. We bought the all-inclusive drink package at Yaya Beach, and we had to get our money's worth.

One good thing about getting up early, was that I could have arepas and huevos rancheros. Yippee!! Sadly tho, this would be my last time enjoying them on this cruise. Awwwww While W was in the omelet line, and since it’s a slow loader, I ran back to 2373 to get a couple of things that I’d forgotten. Our cabin was in a good spot with easy access to the midship elevators, so you could pop in and out swiftly. I went down, got what I needed, and I was back in a flash. We ate fast, and were outta there by 9:30.

47004701764_889a82669c_c.jpg

40827680543_f510b28be4_c.jpg

• Like 1

We walked through the maze of the port area and went outside. The exit is not easy to find in Costa Maya at all. I almost felt like we were in a low key hostage situation. They do not advertise how to get out.  We really just followed the group in front of us. I would hate to be caught in there, in an actual emergency. It would not be cute.

Once we made it out, we looked for the taxis. I don’t think they are allowed to come into the gated area. When we asked someone how to get a taxi, we were told to take the shuttle. Nope. We declined and decided to walk outside the gate to look. When we got out there, there were taxis lined up waiting for us (not us specifically, but for passengers). We hopped in the first one, and he floored it to Yaya. They charge a flat $8 to the beaches which was very cost effective.

We made it to Yaya in a few minutes, checked in at the bar, and were shown our lounge chair for the day. I’d picked our spot beforehand online. I wanted to be on an end and not too close to other loungers. We were in a perfect location. There was an amazing breeze blowing with tons of shade. You can move the beds around too, as the shade shifts. All I do is win. 

47793784331_33cfe9e4c8_c.jpg

• Like 1

I almost put my earbuds in when we first sat down cuz we were very close to a Chatty Chad. This dude talked to everyone who passed by. He wasn’t quiet either. Just nonstop chatter about absolutely nothing. The only thing that may deter us from Yaya would be the vendors coming over throughout the day. It seemed like every 15 minutes or so we were saying “No Gracias”. We would even say it beforehand so they wouldn’t give us the spiel again, but that was to no avail. They would still go thru the whole thing while we waited to insert our “no” into the pause. Outside of that, it’s pure bliss.

We only had a few hours there and we had to leave at 12:30, so we were chain drinking the whole time (we forgot we are no longer kids). Anytime we wanted a drink, all we had to do was press the "call" button and a server would appear. I was in love with the rum punch, and W had one of everything. We even did tequila shots at the end. In retrospect, that wasn’t the wisest choice tho.  After the shots, I was through dealing. Through y’all. They took me all the way out. With every sip I was transformed into a helpless no account, who was generally unprepared for life. Or anything for that matter.

33916778798_2e7ceec816_c.jpg

40827522843_5fb86c4263_c.jpg

46877383695_97f6937ebd_c.jpg

47004540314_30d3d8e63f_c.jpg

32850309567_cca854aeb9_c.jpg

33916778998_fae2bd0035_c.jpg

• Like 1