Cruise Critic Community
willdra

Willdra's Bodacious Carnival Breeze April 27-May 4 Cruise

We had a late lunch at Guy’s. It was not crowded at all. The best part of going down to the Lido, was when I saw 2 men wearing male rompers  (or romphims). I chuckled to myself cuz I don’t think I’ve ever seen men wearing rompers in person.  That totally made my whole cruise. If you have never seen male rompers, it's worth a quick trip to Google. Be warned, once you see them, you may want to unsee them immediately.  You will beg for eye bleach, but unfortunately, none will come. Sorry.

32860370767_daacf789b1_c.jpg

We ate, and chillaxed to the max, then went back to get ready for dinner. Yes, W tricked me and kept me out past my nap time. Honestly, I still feel kinda salty about it too. Hmmpphhh

47751691932_acd57ed547_c.jpg

47803712001_b7dc00328a_c.jpg

46887405375_37e3efbd7c_c.jpg

46887372995_585ed3f32c_c.jpg

47014527894_9be1773afe_c.jpg

47014527294_cf922ab6ee_c.jpg

Everyone was present and seated when we arrived. For dinner I had the Fried Shrimp, Penne Mariscos, and Samson brought me the Pescado Asado Cubierto con Tostones since I couldn’t decide between the two. I couldn’t finish both of the dishes, but they were really good. W had Flat Iron Steak which is his staple. We didn’t really talk to our neighbors much cuz everyone was wiped out.

33926721638_37de0a00bb_c.jpg

47803576161_3fb5a886c3_c.jpg

47751568942_1bfc4103b0_c.jpg

46887279645_552fcf03ec_c.jpg

32860226987_8621b481a8_c.jpg

46887241635_bf7b3b6563_c.jpg

For dessert W ordered the Cheesecake and I got Butter Pecan Ice Cream. We ate as much as we could, then we went to the Promenade deck to the Fun Shops. I wanted to get a few items in the shops before I forgot (which happens all of the time).

On the way there, we heard music and people laughing. It was the 70’s Music Trivia,  so we stuck around for it.  We were too late for the first comedy show, but this was a good alternative. We stayed there awhile, then dropped my bags off at 2373, before going to see 88 Keys.

We didn’t watch all of 88 Keys. It was a snooze fest (especially since I missed my nap)! I've had more fun watching my nail polish dry. We needed to leave at 10:45, to catch the next comedy show, and we were not mad about leaving either.

47826229341_eb165350d1_c.jpg

47793927091_fb35e53929_c.jpg

Right at 10:44, we jumped up and booked it outta there. There was no reason at all, to stay. We got to the Limelight Lounge about 30 minutes before the show, and it was already filling up. The comedian was Sean Kemp and he was funny. After the show we went back to 2373 and got ready for bed.

40827680383_3cdccf1443_c.jpg

Before I fell asleep, I said a prayer thanking God for guacamole.  Not only is it fun to say, but whoever in the history of the world thought up slicing an avocado and adding some veggies to it to concoct this deliciousness, needs to have an express ticket to heaven! Let the church say Amen.

Loving the review and humor, Willdra. Asking a big favor for friends sailing this itin on July 13th. Would you post the Fun Times for Belize and Roatan, please. And also the last 2 days when you get to them in your review. Thank you.

The bright colours in those photos are beautiful , looks amazing 🙂

I love your reviews.  Thanks for sharing your adventures.

56 minutes ago, willdra said:

On the way back, we hit the Dufry and found some good prices. I was able to score a few bottles of alcohol as gifts, for some of my peeps back home.

Quick question:  Does Carnival security confiscate your duty-free alcohol bought in port and deliver it to your cabin the night before disembarkation? I ask because I have walked right back on the ship and through security with alcohol some times, and other times I've had to declare it when returning from port. Thank you and carry on with your fine review!!

Loving your review so far!! I was on the Breeze in December and will be returning to her again in 2021. That's too long to wait, so reading your review is giving me something to look forward to. Can't wait for the next day!

I got a late start, but am really enjoying your review Willdra and am following!  We will be sailing on the Breeze for the first time in Dec 20 (way too far off).  I love your sense of humor, and really enjoyed hearing about your tour in Belize with the Seniors.  I was laughing out loud at the computer and my husband thought I was crazy.  He's a Senior, BTW.  I really look forward to the rest of your review and will definitely get caught up on your earlier reviews.  Thanks so much.  Keep it coming!

21 hours ago, rn4t5 said:

Loving the review and humor, Willdra. Asking a big favor for friends sailing this itin on July 13th. Would you post the Fun Times for Belize and Roatan, please. And also the last 2 days when you get to them in your review. Thank you.

Thanks! I will post them at the end. 

21 hours ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

The bright colours in those photos are beautiful , looks amazing 🙂

Thank you! 😍

21 hours ago, mj said:

I love your reviews.  Thanks for sharing your adventures.

Thank you! 😆

21 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Quick question:  Does Carnival security confiscate your duty-free alcohol bought in port and deliver it to your cabin the night before disembarkation? I ask because I have walked right back on the ship and through security with alcohol some times, and other times I've had to declare it when returning from port. Thank you and carry on with your fine review!!

They are supposed to take the alcohol that we bring back, but sometimes they miss it on the scanner. I’ve also seen them tell passengers to go check it in, and the passengers just keep walking. So even tho they find it, sometimes they don’t have the manpower to enforce the rule and make sure it’s actually checked in. 

We check ours ours in whether they tell us to or not. I don’t want to risk having the cabin steward find it, and it gets “lost”. 🙃

6 hours ago, cruisinmems said:

WHAT?? No pic of Honey Boo Boo's ostrich nest?  Hilarious  :classic_laugh:

LOL no, her family might read this. 😂

2 hours ago, jann2793 said:

Loving your review so far!! I was on the Breeze in December and will be returning to her again in 2021. That's too long to wait, so reading your review is giving me something to look forward to. Can't wait for the next day!

Thank you so much! I don’t blame you for booking her again. She’s a beautiful ship. 🥰

29 minutes ago, Amadawn1 said:

I got a late start, but am really enjoying your review Willdra and am following!  We will be sailing on the Breeze for the first time in Dec 20 (way too far off).  I love your sense of humor, and really enjoyed hearing about your tour in Belize with the Seniors.  I was laughing out loud at the computer and my husband thought I was crazy.  He's a Senior, BTW.  I really look forward to the rest of your review and will definitely get caught up on your earlier reviews.  Thanks so much.  Keep it coming!

Thank you so much for jumping in! 😆

21 hours ago, mcgore83 said:

Great review!  

Thank you 🙏🏾 

Costa Maya

After spending almost a week on this ship, I have come to the conclusion that there are quite a few people sailing on here toothless. Yes, you read that right. Toothless (baldheaded in the mouth). I’m not here to judge what folks do with their money, but it seems to me, if given a choice between taking a cruise and having teeth, I would be team teeth.  All the way.

Let’s move on.

This was an early day for us as we would only be in port until 2 pm. We bought the all-inclusive drink package at Yaya Beach, and we had to get our money's worth.

One good thing about getting up early, was that I could have arepas and huevos rancheros. Yippee!! Sadly tho, this would be my last time enjoying them on this cruise. Awwwww While W was in the omelet line, and since it’s a slow loader, I ran back to 2373 to get a couple of things that I’d forgotten. Our cabin was in a good spot with easy access to the midship elevators, so you could pop in and out swiftly. I went down, got what I needed, and I was back in a flash. We ate fast, and were outta there by 9:30.

47004701764_889a82669c_c.jpg

40827680543_f510b28be4_c.jpg