Sanctum Terrace

IBsaved

We are sailing on the Journey on July 17 - does anyone know if the Sanctum Terrace if open to everyone and is there a fee?  Also, can we make reservations to use it during the cruise ahead of sailing?  Thank you!

7 hours ago, Whitby100 said:

There is a fee - I think $99 per person, $175 a couple (someone please correct me. If I’m wrong).  You cannot reserve ahead of time.  Just head directly to the spa upon arrival and pay then. 

I believe it's $160 for a couples. $20 per day without the pass. 

Phil 

1 hour ago, Azamarajunkie said:

Yes, the Spa deck is included with suites and drinks can be ordered by phone. You also get the waiter coming through regularly.

Ooo!  Sounds wonderful.  Thank you.

On our last voyage on the Journey, there were extremely rare visits by a waiter.   They are only two chairs sort of out of the sun.   There is a fairly large mild hot tub and it can hold 6 or 8 people if they crowd.    The jets are weak and it is mostly in the Sun.   The problem we found was the folks in the hot tub speaking very loudly making it impossible to read or relax.   There are no hot lounging beds as you might find indoors on other ships.   Although we were entitled to it we only used it twice.    There are many other spots for relaxing with more frequent drink service.

3 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

On our last voyage on the Journey, there were extremely rare visits by a waiter.   They are only two chairs sort of out of the sun.   There is a fairly large mild hot tub and it can hold 6 or 8 people if they crowd.    The jets are weak and it is mostly in the Sun.   The problem we found was the folks in the hot tub speaking very loudly making it impossible to read or relax.   There are no hot lounging beds as you might find indoors on other ships.   Although we were entitled to it we only used it twice.    There are many other spots for relaxing with more frequent drink service.

I agree. It’s noisy and can get very crowded some days other days it’s fine. The pool jets are a disappointment especially on Pursuit 

Fantastic area, the pool was wonderful and really made a difference to my holiday.

The spa staff put gold stars on our sea pass cards to show we were eligible and about half way through the cruise a notice was put up to say you had to pay for a pass if you wanted entry so I don’t know if people were trying to get in when they shouldn’t.

We had the place to ourselves most of the time as we spent a lot of time on the ship on port days, it was a haven and the spa staff couldn’t have been more helpful.

Pursuit is better in this regard.  You have to use your room key if in a suite or a separate card they provide if you have purchased a pass to gain access to the deck.  Last two cruises it was great and unusual.  We purchased passes and had the whole deck to ourselves.  Nobody else there.  We made use of the yellow phone to order drinks.  Bliss.  

Phil

3 hours ago, Dr H said:

. I can understand how anyone can and would walk out there if so inclined, and as I said, I've never been questioned about my usage, either when I was a suite passenger or a veranda passenger. Peace.

Guests are supposed to access the spa through the changing rooms and the doors out to the spa clearly states the space is for suite guests and those holding passes.  I have certainly been on the spa deck on Journey when passes were checked though once staff knew you they would look out from the gym or hairdressers and go back in because the faces were known.  

I think "illegal users" are an isolated issue.

• Like 1

Some guests love it. Some hate it.  On our first Az cruise, we looked forward to getting to use it.  Between the wind, lack of shade, not much wait service, and not very hot tub, we have never been back. It was not for us.  There are lots of other places to relax that are quiet and in the shade. 

We do enjoy it and appreciate Pursuit’s key access.  The best use was definitely on our Norway cruise - perfect after a rainy cool day mucking about the shore.  Tub has partial cover to stop rain and it was the perfect temperature to sit in for a while and warm up. To each his own 😀