GALLERYone by Suites - E. Sunrise Blvd Ft Lauderdale

abpplh

7 hours ago, abpplh said:

Anyone familiar with this hotel?  Booked 2 nights priot to AOS cruise in December. 67,000 points + $95 total for both nights.

It's a couple of years since we stayed there, as we now fly into MIA, however it would be our first choice if we were staying in Fort Lauderdale.  Very close to a Starbucks, Publix supermarket for last minute wine (and other) purchases and a CVS.  Some nice restaurants close by.  They run a shuttle to the port, but it is better to call a cab when you are ready to go, rather than wait for the shuttle to fill up!

There is also Galleria Mall, but it is suffering from the 'retail malaise' that has affected so many malls.

It is right on the intracoastal and has its own water taxi (www.watertaxi.com) stop - and since you are there for 2 nights, make sure you spend some time sightseeing on the water taxi.  You can also hail the sun trolley (www.suntrolley.com) for the beach (which is only a couple of blocks walk) and Las Olas Blvd.

I’ve stayed there three times. I think it’s a good choice. On the advice of CC members, I always get a city view room. There is a drawbridge on the intercostal waterway side that some said kept them awake at night. I’m a light sleeper, so that wouldn’t work for me. It’s a short walk to the beach and the grocery store, where we bought wine and soda to take on board. There are only a few options for breakfast: the hotel (pricey), and across the street, a bakery cafe and a Starbucks. I would definitely stay there again. 

The drawbridge is only super busy in the fall, spring, and boat show.  The boats don't usually move around a lot after dark so I would not worry about the drawbridge.

The view of the waterway at night is spectacular.

• Like 1

The other noise factor with the drawbridge is the loud road noise that tires make crossing the top part of the bridge. We spent an entire evening sitting outside watching the boats in the intercoastal waterway and every vehicle that crossed the bridge made that noise. I think that would have bothered me in a room on that side of the hotel. Just my thoughts, being a very light sleeper. 😊

Edited by indy71
Spelling

Loved staying on the drawbridge side and watching the water traffic from the balcony.  I guess there was noise but not enough that it bothered us and certainly not enough to impact sleep.  Maybe the room type makes a difference but if I were to go back, I'd book on the water side again.