What time do we need to leave the ship?

worldtraveller99

Going on 1st cruise next year - Silver Muse from Vancouver to Seward. The itinerary says it lands in Seward at 7.00 am. What time to we have to be off the ship? And our suitcases? We hope to have breakfast on the ship, and have arranged to pick up our Hertz car nearby to drive to Anchorage - but not too early. What do you think?

You need to leave your bags out of the room the night before. They say by 11.30pm but from experience after midnight will be fine.

Youll get breakfast and they like you out of the room by 8am I think.

Disembarkation will generally be between 8.30 and 9.30... if you want early or late, just let them know and your call time will be scheduled as per your wishes. I’ve just been on the Wind for lunch and noticed a few stragglers leaving just after 10. 

On our recent trip, you had to vacate the suite by 8:30 and could disembark any time up to 10:00.

1 hour ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Thank you. Can we all fit into it?

We have never had an issue having breakfast in La Terrazza the last morning.  Many people opt to have breakfast in their suite that day.  In my opinion, that puts an extra burden on the butler on a day that is extremely busy for them.

5 hours ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Going on 1st cruise next year - Silver Muse from Vancouver to Seward. The itinerary says it lands in Seward at 7.00 am. What time to we have to be off the ship?

Which Silver Muse to Alaska cruise will you be sailing?  We are on the July 25 northbound sailing. After our cruise, we will be doing the Silversea excursion to Denali.  That makes our morning ship departure more set and programmed.  You've got more flexibility with your departure.  

If you are doing this adventure prior to us, I hope you will post here on the Cruise Critic boards as to your tips, impressions, ideas, insights,, etc.  Or, if sailing after us, I will be doing a live/blog and will be happy to respond to any of your questions and info needs.  You received very good responses, as usual, from those on these CC Boards.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 47,140 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Atlantide is open for breakfast on departure day (at least through our disembarking on 4/28). We usually have our last breakfast there unless we need to leave early to catch a plane. Last seating may be a little earlier than usual, probably 9am (check the Chronicle). Probably not important since you will probably need to vacate you cabin by 8 am anyway. You can bring your carryon luggage with you to the dining room.

Late in the cruise you will get a form from Reception regarding departure plans. One question will ask the time you want to disembark. They use this info to off load the luggage and divide it into groups by time. You will be given color coded tags that indicate departure time that they will use to divide and unload the luggage. If you indicate a time much earlier than your actual departure you bags will probably be unloaded and sit there for awhile leaving them more susceptible to being picked up by someone else in error.

Final departure time is usually based on local requirements but always seems to be around 10 am.

For our recent Anchorage-to-Vancouver sailing on the Muse, we were required to be out of our suites by 8:30, and off the ship by 9:30. There was a delay at the port, so we were off by 9:45 instead. Both La Terrazza and Atlantide we’re open for breakfast, and I think Arts Cafe had their usual lite fare as well.

As others have said, you’ll be given a range of choices for when you want to disembark, but then you do need to go with your color. When I have independent plans, I opt to disembark later for a more relaxed morning, letting those with tight schedules get off the ship first.

Enjoy!

15 hours ago, worldtraveller99 said:

We have also just booked the bear flying morning in Ketchikan with Alaska Seaplane Tours after seeing your recommendation of it in your live report! Should be good!x

Nice! It is a small, family company, and a very special experience. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

On 6/11/2019 at 4:06 PM, worldtraveller99 said:

Terry - we are on the same cruise as you, but in 2020. If you would be able to upload the daily programmes that would be very helpful? I look forward very much to your live blogs, thank you.

YES, for our London friend, I will be happy to upload the daily Silver Muse schedules, etc..  BUT, it will have to await till when I get home and can better scan those print items and achieve better clarity and resolution for such postings here on these CC Boards.  Sorry I had forgotten that you will not be sailing till July 2020.  Will have many visuals to share and help pump up, UP your anticipation and excitement.  

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 47,140 views.

43 minutes ago, Unibok said:

Nice! It is a small, family company, and a very special experience. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

For Unibok, speaking of "Can't wait to hear about your adventures!", we would love to learn much, much more about your just-completed Silver Muse sailing.  Are you back home and caught up from ALL of your travels?  Able to upload more visuals, give insights for the Silver Muse and life on this ship, etc., etc.?

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 45,836 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

On 6/13/2019 at 1:44 AM, worldtraveller99 said:

Thank you very much Terry - I am more than excited! I have taken a tip from Sheri of Cruise Tips TV and created a large cruise organiser file with inserts for each day's shore excursion, maps of towns, + hotel & flight bookings before and afterwards 

Great sharing of that video.  YES, doing such ORGANIZING can be challenging.  Lots of info and details to track, consider and pull together.  For me, I do not use any paper and/or binders.  My method?  I keep it all on my MacBook Pro laptop computer in a file folder.  I have a separate section for each different port stop and for such key topics as air flights, insurance, weather history, currency background, etc.  

Then I put within each segment, key information and background on each different location we will be visiting.  As an example below is a screen shot for my organizing "header" for Juneau, some basic timings each day, other ships in port, etc.  I do lots of "copying and pasting".  This includes placing from Silversea and other cruise lines their written summary for each port and their views as to the top highlights there.  I copy and paste the top tour/excursion options and details we are considering and/or planning, etc.  I will pull up and save in this file info from sources such as Wikipedia, plus key news story highlights, tips that people on these Cruise Critic boards offer, etc.  The way my Pages word processing format works, it gives me a "table of contents" for this file and it is very easy to navigate all of this info and speed through these lengthy files to access each item in the file.  From some past trips, I have pulled together and organized as much as 400 pages of "stuff" related to such  complex trips and ALL of the details.  "Copy & Paste" can be a very good friend!!!

Today's electronic options can be very helpful!!  Plus, that files travels with me on my laptop that I also use for picture editing, drafting postings for doing a live/blog, etc.  I can also print out key summary to share with my wife and others.  

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 64,031 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Here is an example for one of my pages on my laptop computer file in preparing for each each different port, plus key sections for air flights, the cruise ship, etc.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

946625948_ScreenShot2019-06-14at8_45_11AM.thumb.png.a1d40983b646d2f560339feb5cf0ec0e.png

20 hours ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Wow! Looks lovely - but sounds a lot more work than just printing everything off and putting into a binder! It is true I am unable to live blog, but I promise to do a good report when I get home.

For me personally and my "system", making all of those paper copies would be harder and much more time consuming.  BUT, I understand fully that there are "different strokes for different folks!".  For my research and planning purposes, that "copy & paste" approach makes life easier and quicker.  Then, when I have that text in the computer file, I can edit . . . HIGHLIGHT . . . for the most important points to remember and focus upon later.  I can add more info later, etc.  My file evolves and grows.  Higher priority items get shifted forward, etc.  

Overall, the key point, whether with paper copies or on a laptop in text format, is to research and plan ahead in order to consider your many options in these popular and busy locations when cruising and traveling.  I also keep on my laptop the pdf's and screen shots of different documents, visuals and other key travel items.

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 47,178 views.