Renting a car from IAH to Galveston

fdthird

Last time we cruised out of Galveston, we rented a car a from Enterprise for the trip back to IAH.  Was looking at maybe doing that the other way on our next cruise, as we fly in 2 days before the cruise departs.  I can justify the return rental, as it's about the same as a LYFT from IAH to Galveston, from IAH to Galveston Enterprise wants over $250 for basically a 24 hour rental.  

My question is where else are folks renting from and where are you turning the car in?

Thanks

Yes, I’m aware of that.  Just wondered if folks are renting from any other company, and if so, what nearby location near Galveston are they picking up/returning the car to. 

Thanks

Hertz has an office in Texas City; but a car has to be ordered as they do not keep vehicles at that location.

Then taxi or Uber to and from the port.  They probably have a drop off fee also.

Enterprise on Island, Hertz in Texas City; the only two between Galveston and Hobby Airport.

Some keep the car for a week as it is near the same cost with the drop off fee for a one way rental.

Edited by Galveston Cruiser

I had the same issue with price.  I found its going to be cheaper to rent a round trip booking for the 7 days and park at the port.  Enterprise is trying to charge the one way fee on the IAH- GALVESTON trip

• 1 month later...