Shareholder OBC is Combineable Again with Other Promos!!!

koolforkatz

At last! RCL has brought this back where you can combine shareholder OBC with promos.  This just came into effect, June 1st. I heard about it through someone on our roll call.  I submitted the form yesterday to have OBC applied to an upcoming cruise that was booked with two perk promo. I received notification today that it’s been applied to my booking. It is already showing up on my cruise personalizer. I am so happy to see this back again! It’s been years since I’ve been able to successfully use this. The amount is less, I believe, for 6-13 day cruises but is better than nothing.

https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

• Like 4

That is great news.  We have owned both RCI and CCL stock for several decades and were always annoyed by the RCI "no stacking" rules.  I wonder why, after all this time, they have reverted to the old policy.  But I guess we should not look a gift horse I the mouth.

Hank

6 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

It reads that the booking is for 01 June and after, and I booked well prior,   so I’ll have to wait for my next reservations to apply. Oh well. 

Den

It doesn’t hurt to apply for it - all they can do is say no. I have another upcoming one I booked months ago and I’m going to try my luck at that one too.

• Like 2

I have had the shareholder OBC applied to my last 2 cruises where we either booked on board and had OBC from that or had other perks.  Both cruises booked prior to June 1st.

Our Azamara cruise we sailed back in April was booked back in 2017 on board Summit and our upcoming Summit cruise was booked back in April and we were given our shareholder benefit for both sailings.

• Like 2

I wrote to the powers that be at Celebrity awhile ago and said that with their new pricing structure, in which it’s virtually impossible to book a cruise with a refundable deposit without getting promos added in, they had effectively rendered the shareholder benefit meaningless. I would imagine they have heard from others as well.  In any event, however this change came about, I am very happy to see it. 

I had 8 upcoming cruises over the next 3 years, with both Royal and Celebrity, so I sent in a request, to see what happened.

7 were denied, but one stated I would be receiving a $200 Shareholder OBC.

Here is a summary of the responses:

2019 Silhouette (Booked Sept 2018 on-board with Go Better 2 Perks, +$150 Shipboard Credit On-Board Booking Bonus, and $50 B2B Savings)

Thank you for your email. As a valued shareholder, you are very important to us. The requested shareholder benefit onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxxxx as it is not combinable with the offer, GOBETTER BEVOBC, listed on your reservation.

Thank you for choosing to sail with us. We hope you and your wife have an enjoyable cruise.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

2019 Silhouette (Booked Sept 2018 on-board with Go Better 2 Perks, +$150 Shipboard Credit On-Board Booking Bonus)

Thank you for your email. As a valued shareholder, you are very important to us. The requested shareholder benefit onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxxxx as it is not combinable with the offer, GOBETTER BEVOBC, listed on your reservation.

Thank you for choosing to sail with us. We hope you and your wife have an enjoyable cruise.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

2020 Symphony (Booked  March 2018 with $225 Past Guest Promo per person, and $563 Non Refundable Deposit Promo per person)

Thank you for your email.

As offers are not combinable, the requested shareholder’s onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxxxx because there are other discount offers already applied that are greater than the shareholder benefit. If you wish to take advantage of the shareholder’s offer instead of the other offers, please contact your travel agent to have those offers removed. Once the other offers are removed, please resubmit your complete request.

Thank you again for choosing to sail with us. We hope you and your wife have another wonderful cruise.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

2020 Symphony (Booked March 2018 with $225 Past Guest Promo per person, and $601 Non Refundable Deposit Promo per person)

Thank you for your email.

As offers are not combinable, the requested shareholder’s onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxxxx because there are other discount offer already applied that are greater than the shareholder benefit. If you wish to take advantage of the shareholder’s offer instead of the other offers, please contact your travel agent to have those offers removed. Once the other offers are removed, please resubmit your complete request.

Thank you again for choosing to sail with us. We hope you and your wife have a wonderful cruise.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

2020 Silhouette (Booked March 2018 on-board with Go Big 1 Perks, +$200 Shipboard Credit On-Board Booking Bonus)

Thank you for contacting our Shareholder Benefit Team. As a valued shareholder and guest, you are very important to us. On behalf of our company, it is my pleasure to respond to your correspondence.

We applied your Shareholder Benefit onboard credit to your booking xxxxxxx for $200.00. While your onboard credit has been added, it may not immediately appear on your SeaPass folio on the first day of your cruise. Please allow up to two days into your sailing for the credit to reflect on your account.

Thank you again for choosing to sail with us. We hope you and your wife have a wonderful cruise.

Sincerely,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team.

2021 Reflection (Booked Jan 2019 with Celebrity Season Savings, with reduced deposit, Classic Beverage Package, pre-paid Gratuties, and MLK promo with $100 Shipboard Credit)

Thank you for your email. As a valued shareholder, you are very important to us. The requested shareholder benefit onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxxxx as it is not combinable with the offer, GOBETTER BEVGRT, listed on your reservation.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

2021 Apex (Booked March 2019 on-board with Go Better 2 Perks, +$150 Shipboard Credit On-Board Booking Bonus)

Thank you for your email. As a valued shareholder, you are very important to us. The requested shareholder benefit onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxxxx as it is not combinable with the offer, GOBETTER BEVGRT, listed on your reservation.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

2021 Equinox (Booked Jan 2019 with Celebrity Season Savings, with reduced deposit, Classic Beverage Package, pre-paid Gratuties, and MLK promo with $100 Shipboard Credit)

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

10 hours ago, koolforkatz said:

The amount is less, I believe, for 6-13 day cruises but is better than nothing.

They took away the increase for cruises 10 nights to 13 which is  $200.   We received $200 on our 11 night Azamara cruise and are getting $200 on our upcoming 10 night Summit cruise.  This is disappointing they cut that out. 

Shareholder Benefit
$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.
$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.
$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.
$ 50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less

Edited by CruisingChick

12 hours ago, koolforkatz said:

At last! RCL has brought this back where you can combine shareholder OBC with promos.  This just came into effect, June 1st. I heard about it through someone on our roll call.  I submitted the form yesterday to have OBC applied to an upcoming cruise that was booked with two perk promo. I received notification today that it’s been applied to my booking. It is already showing up on my cruise personalizer. I am so happy to see this back again! It’s been years since I’ve been able to successfully use this. The amount is less, I believe, for 6-13 day cruises but is better than nothing.

"Benefit is not combinable with interline rates, travel agent rates, and employee friends and family rates. Benefit cannot be redeemed for chartered sailings, any Galapagos sailings or complimentary sailings."

so cant get the obc if using a travel agent?

whats interline rate?

Edited by fstuff1

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

"Benefit is not combinable with interline rates, travel agent rates, and employee friends and family rates. Benefit cannot be redeemed for chartered sailings, any Galapagos sailings or complimentary sailings."

so cant get the obc if using a travel agent?

whats interline rate?

Travel agent rates do not refer to cruises that you booked thru a travel agent.  I believe they are talking about special rates/promotions offered to the travel agents for themselves.  

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

The post by rakes5 with all the denials is interesting but not surprising.  Even if RCI has changed their policy it could take between 1 day and 10 years until their employees will know about the policy change.  In simple terms the left hand seldom knows what the right hand is doing.

Hank

• Like 1

We may have to revisit our decision not to buy RCI stock due to this positive policy change. However, we did notice in the T&C that it appears you will not be able to pay for pre-booked excursions like you can with other X supplied OBC posted to your account prior to embarkation based on the following:

Onboard credit may not be used for onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities. 

I'm sure we'll be able to find other things to use the OBC for while on the ship, but it would have been nice to pre-purchase excursions with.

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We may have to revisit our decision not to buy RCI stock due to this positive policy change. However, we did notice in the T&C that it appears you will not be able to pay for pre-booked excursions like you can with other X supplied OBC posted to your account prior to embarkation based on the following:

Onboard credit may not be used for onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities. 

I'm sure we'll be able to find other things to use the OBC for while on the ship, but it would have been nice to pre-purchase excursions with.

For what it’s worth, the shareholder OBC is already showing up on my Cruise Personalizer, lumped together with two perks OBC. I haven’t tried to use it, but it may actually be available to pre-purchase items.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, koolforkatz said:

For what it’s worth, the shareholder OBC is already showing up on my Cruise Personalizer, lumped together with two perks OBC. I haven’t tried to use it, but it may actually be available to pre-purchase items.

did you book it after june 1 ?

23 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We may have to revisit our decision not to buy RCI stock due to this positive policy change.

Well, I am feeling better about keeping my $9.44 a share stock now. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Texed said:

Hilarious! In early 2000’s I told my manager to buy the RCL stock for the OBC credits. He told me that it was too risky and that wasn’t a reason to go around buying stock. I told him I’d get $200 or so each cruise so even if the stock tanked it was a good deal. So he did....at about $14. A few years later he decided to jump in!! Now its where? About 120+. I should have sold everything I had and jumped in, but my First Born was off at college and I couldn’t sell her, and I don’t think my wife would have agreed. Oh well. 

But of course, this is the guy who also told his manager to buy Ford stock right after it had all those rollover issues because I thought it was due to the tires, not the SUV......Bought at after it went down by 1/2 at $20+ and after a long wait, sold the stuff at about $8 or so. That’s when I decided to just shut up and let him handle it.

But every once in a while, I do enjoy asking him, “Oh Don, hows that RCL stock doing??.....He he he”. 

Den

Edited by Denny01

5 hours ago, Texed said:

As a shareholder I hope I get invited to the inauguration cruise of Apex next year.

Edited by verizon