Towel Animals

Msrigby

I am not a fan of towel animals. Frankly they creep me out. Often the towels are reused and seem dirty. I have politely informed my room stewards that we don’t need them or not to bother with us. This doesn’t seem to work so I put up with it for our journeys from 7 to 29 days. 

We are about to embark on a grand journey and the thought of facing 70+ animals is not appealing. I probably should just ignore it but somehow can’t. Any suggestions?

We also don’t eat the pillow  chocolates and just pile them up until we have enough to spell out greetings and messages to the stewards. Am I alone?

Well thank goodness our favoured lines don't do the towel animals, but if I did, it would get tired very quickly, and I would tell my steward(ess) just to stop!  Period, do not do it, please!  You are the customer they are trying to please, so they should do as you wish.

As the chocolates, I usually let them pile up too, but I admit I eat them from time to time, and usually bring them home and put them in a dish to get eaten.  But if you don't want them at all, say so!

If you don't want something, you need to speak to the supervisor. The room steward can't change the work order or s/he will be accused of neglecting her/his duty. I let them do their job. If every passenger has a special wish (drapes open, no chocolates, no towel animal etc.), they have to remember all the details instead of just doing their routine.

• Like 1

Haven't seen the towel creations on a daily basis for about 20 years. On our last WC we only received them on special occasions - birthdays, etc.

Regarding the cabin steward, we have always found them extremely responsive to our needs and only ever had to ask once. If we didn't want towel creations/chocolates we would advise the cabin steward and in the unlikely event they continued we would provide a reminder.