Gluten Free/Celiac

CruiseFanII

1 hour ago, CruiseFanII said:

How does PG deal with food allergies?  I cannot find anything on this in this forum.

Greetings CruiseFanII,

Thanks for your inquiry. We ask that guests please advise Paul Gauguin Cruises Reservations Department at 800-848-6172 of any special dietary requirements at least 60 days prior to sailing. And, once aboard the m/s Paul Gauguin, the Matire d’Hotel will review the dietary requirements with them.

Kind Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

On 6/12/2019 at 4:57 PM, CruiseFanII said:

How does PG deal with food allergies?  I cannot find anything on this in this forum.

My child was completely accommodated, she has Celiac.  We submitted a medical form to the NCL Access desk noting her information.  She was able to eat some from the buffet and anything we weren't sure of, we asked and a chef came to speak with us.  She also ordered dinner the night before at the restaurants and her food was served along with ours.  This was on the Norwegian Breakaway 2x and the Getaway 1x

Edited by Elovesme99

Although they tell you that they will be very careful, I found that I had to second guess them often.  I was served something that had an allergen in it, and fortunately my reaction wasn't serious.  

• 4 weeks later...

Cruise Fan, I see the Paul Gauguin Official Responder answered your question above, and I see a couple of negative responses which is unfortunate, and not what we experienced. Our experience: My wife has a nut allergy, we let Paul Gauguin know in advance, and at our first meal we spoke directly to the Maitre'd. We could not have been happier with everything that was done to accommodate my wife's allergy. The Maitre'd let the waiters know, and at every single meal, the waiters or the Maitre'd would point out what my wife could and could not eat. Make sure you let the staff at each of the specialty restaurants know as well prior to ordering. The entire wait staff / restaurant staff was extremely accommodating.

• Like 1