Amsterdam Neptune Suite Dressing room

tgetz

We have loved the Neptune Suites on the Amsterdam because I loved the little sink in the dressing area. As we left the ship after the 2018 World cruise they were ripping up the rugs and beginning the dry dock. We were told that they were replacing the bath tubs with walk in showers. We are now considering going on the 2021 HAL world cruise so I decided to look on line for pictures of the 'new' Neptune suite. All I can find show a bathtub still,  just a new shower head and new wall tile and it appears they replaced  the sink in the dressing room with a counter top and no sink. I am guessing this has been discussed on here before now, but this is the first time I looked for pictures. Is  this right?

Those are the wheelchair ones. Obviously we were given wrong info about the showers. I was hoping for a walk in glass shower.

I guess the Volendam has the little sink but not sure about Rotterdam, or I think it was Veendam that was also the same class.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, IslandThyme said:

Some of the Amsterdam Neptunes to have showers. I think they are all in the aft, but you can look at a deck plan to be sure. And yes, no extra sink.

17 minutes ago, tgetz said:

Those are the wheelchair ones.

Island Thyme is correct that the Amsterdam has Neptune Suites with showers, not tubs.
These are not accessible suites.

SB7050, 7052, 7054 port side, and 7047, 7051, and 7053 starboard. This is according to the deck plans in the 2019-2020 Cruise Atlas.
The two shower-only cabins aft of those are accessible cabins, but these are not listed as such.

22 hours ago, tgetz said:

We have loved the Neptune Suites on the Amsterdam because I loved the little sink in the dressing area.  . . . .  I am guessing this has been discussed on here before now, but this is the first time I looked for pictures. Is  this right?

The Neptune Suites we've had were like the newer version you see online, with just the counter top in the dressing area, and I really like it.   I would not need a third sink (two already in the main bathroom vanity) and really loved that counter space for fixing my hair, sunscreen application, etc.   Hopefully you will be able to adapt.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:46 PM, tgetz said:

We have loved the Neptune Suites on the Amsterdam because I loved the little sink in the dressing area. As we left the ship after the 2018 World cruise they were ripping up the rugs and beginning the dry dock. We were told that they were replacing the bath tubs with walk in showers. We are now considering going on the 2021 HAL world cruise so I decided to look on line for pictures of the 'new' Neptune suite. All I can find show a bathtub still,  just a new shower head and new wall tile and it appears they replaced  the sink in the dressing room with a counter top and no sink. I am guessing this has been discussed on here before now, but this is the first time I looked for pictures. Is  this right?

When ever we sailed Neptunes on "S " class ships and Rotterdam and /amsterdam, we always had the dressing room sink.  I jus returned from two weks on  Zaandam  and there was no dressing room sink .  Even though I was soloin  t he cabin I mised that sink.   We sailed Zaandam in the past  in Neptune suites    and I did not reacall if there previosuly had been a sink there but I suspect there was?.  Perhaps they may  be removing    many? on some of the   ships?

image.png.3fa84d802315dd50ce562afffa0b0354.png

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sail7seas said:

When ever we sailed Neptunes on "S " class ships and Rotterdam and /amsterdam, we always had the dressing room sink.  I jus returned from two weks on  Zaandam  and there was no dressing room sink .  Even though I was soloin  t he cabin I mised that sink.   We sailed Zaandam in the past  in Neptune suites    and I did not reacall if there previosuly had been a sink there but I suspect there was?.  Perhaps they may  be removing    many? on some of the   ships?

image.png.3fa84d802315dd50ce562afffa0b0354.png

Sorry, but the sink is gone on the Amsterdam.  We were on the WC2019 and they just removed it.  Naturally, they didnt consider the very basic concept of where the plumbing was, put the dang trash can.  It is still out by the closet doors and a nuisance as always.  We kept going in where the small sink was to get water or dump liquid ... felt dumb for sure.

They were originally planning on removing tubs and putting in walk-in showers, but as the Hotel Manager indicated, no clue why they didn't.

Hope all is well with you ....

harry

I think somehow they didn't get every thing done in the two weeks they had for the refurbish. If we do the 2021 world, I will miss the sink. Still wondering how the cabins in the back bathrooms are that just have a shower. Not sure I want to go to the back part of the ship because I do suffer from sea sickness, but I am curious. we are booked on a Rotterdam cruise in 2020 and I think they don't have the sinks, so I guess I will see how I like it.

On 6/13/2019 at 5:48 PM, tgetz said:

On some of the ships there are two sinks in the Neptune bathroom, but not on the Amsterdam. 

Yikes! No wonder you are upset.  I would be too, paying for a Neptune Suite and only one sink. 

On 6/13/2019 at 11:41 AM, tgetz said:

Those are the wheelchair ones. Obviously we were given wrong info about the showers. I was hoping for a walk in glass shower.

I guess the Volendam has the little sink but not sure about Rotterdam, or I think it was Veendam that was also the same class.

Veendam is an "S" las shi p ansd haas the  dressing room sink

Volendam and Zaandam are "R" class ships along with Amsrterdam and Rotterdam.  My NS on Zaandam  last month   did not  have the dresssing room sink.  I do not know a bout   Volendam....  but    I do know those suites on V olendam  used to have the sink though   it is psosible it has been removed  .

image.png.24e04e347dd3255fe645c4dc1381f0f8.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas

On 6/13/2019 at 6:48 PM, tgetz said:

On some of the ships there are two sinks in the Neptune bathroom, but not on the Amsterdam. 

Are you sure? I could have sworn the NS on Amsterdam had the same two-sink bathroom as other ships...

I know for a fact there was only one before the last drydock and all the picture I have seen of the 'new' bathroom only have one sink, the same bathtub, but new tile on the wall. I would love to be wrong. If anyone has been in the Amsterdam Neptune suites since then would love to know. Oh how I hope I am wrong. 

Thanks. that is what I thought. So now I would love to know about the shower only rooms in the rear of the 7th deck. Not the two wheel chair ones. Can anyone describe those? Thanks  

Wow. I used it several times a day. I guess I am just spoiled. I don't like sharing a sink with my husband. I am Miss neat and he is Mr. Sloppy. It drives me crazy when he leaves water all around the sink and I drive myself nuts wiping it down all the time.  Did I also mention I am a little anal... 🙂   We have had several penthouse suites on Holland and on Celebrity and I love having the extra bath. The little extra sink on the old Amsterdam  Neptune Suite is so much a part of what I liked about Holland compared to the Royal suites on Celebrity that has the two sinks in the same room. I guess I am just going to have to adjust if I want to do another world on Holland. We did a South east Asia this winter for 14 days on the Westerdam and we had the two sinks no dressing room sink, and I did adjust to that, but at least we had separate sinks. But  I am also a cruiser that you could just take the ship out and drop anchor and I would be happy. I do get off in ports, but not all of them. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. My husband gets off in every port and will take 8 and 9 hour excursions. 

18 hours ago, tgetz said:

Wow. I used it several times a day. I guess I am just spoiled. I don't like sharing a sink with my husband. I am Miss neat and he is Mr. Sloppy. It drives me crazy when he leaves water all around the sink and I drive myself nuts wiping it down all the time.  Did I also mention I am a little anal... 🙂   We have had several penthouse suites on Holland and on Celebrity and I love having the extra bath. The little extra sink on the old Amsterdam  Neptune Suite is so much a part of what I liked about Holland compared to the Royal suites on Celebrity that has the two sinks in the same room. I guess I am just going to have to adjust if I want to do another world on Holland. We did a South east Asia this winter for 14 days on the Westerdam and we had the two sinks no dressing room sink, and I did adjust to that, but at least we had separate sinks. But  I am also a cruiser that you could just take the ship out and drop anchor and I would be happy. I do get off in ports, but not all of them. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. My husband gets off in every port and will take 8 and 9 hour excursions. 

Me, too,

I used that dressing room sink  ALL the time.  Though I was solo on my recent Zandam cruises and had uninerruptred  access to the bathroom, I missed  that    sink. I also  missed it when we were in PS on Rotterdam.  Though there was  the ertra half bath  I  missed that small dressingf table sink

.image.png.a0b277507ee6826cd0db0e20cfd71f0a.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com