Carnival "Upgrade Your Stateroom" email

I just received an email from Carnival saying ...

UPGRADE YOUR STATEROOM

Congrats, sailor! You qualify for a discounted stateroom upgrade on your upcoming cruise aboard Carnival Vista!

A better stateroom can make your whole vacation better — so redeem this offer online using your reservation number (below), and get ready to take your cruise to the next level.

We are Platinum and have never gotten one of these emails before.  It does not have any details and I am hoping you might.

If I click the link, am I giving up my current stateroom assignment?  

Would I get to choose the actual room for my "upgraded" cabin?  

We like the location we picked, but would consider an upgrade if it were located in a desirable area and we got to choose our new cabin number.

Is this an opportunity to bid on a higher category cabin?

Thank you everyone for sharing your experience!

When I was offered an upgrade through an email and also on a red banner when I logged into my Carnival account, I clicked on it and it gave me the type of cabin and cabin number.  It did not automatically put me in that cabin when I clicked on the upgrade link.  I had the option to decline it.  Since I was happy with my current cabin, I declined. It was an offer to go from an inside to an ocean view for a small amount.  I can't remember how much it was.

Maybe your offer will be too good to turn down!

Edited by TNcruising02

OK.  Because of the awesome quick response of TNcruising02, I decided to press the red button.  Thankfully, it did not strip me of my current cabin and did give me the option to upgrade to a similar cabin a few decks higher.  Unfortunately, it was a connecting cabin right by the elevators, so I opted to keep my original cabin.  I was hoping it would let me upgrade to a suite (even for extra money).  What a fun surprise that would have been for DH.  Oh well.  We'll still enjoy our cruise every bit as much.  Thank you TNcruising02

• Like 3

Most of these offers aren’t a bargain. Once in a while a good one shows up. We always do the mock booking to see the actual pricing. Sometimes that offer is more!

Accept about one of every four offers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr2Scents said:

I received one today as well for my upcoming Conquest trip. $830 to move to a junior suite from my bowling alley balcony. Yeah, no. That's not happening.

Hi,

I was wondering if the "bowling alley balcony" is a Balcony that looks like an 'L' on the deck plans?  I booked one of these for my 2021 cruise on the Magic. Juet curios, thanks!

The only upgrade offer I ever got was moving from an ocean view room to a balcony room at no cost.  Of course I jumped all over that one.  However it was many years ago on my second cruise and haven't seen one since.

Yes - the L shaped cabins are the bowling alley balconies that the other poster referred to.  Cabin #'s 6468, 6460, 6499, 6493, 7454, 7455, 8462, 8469 would be the bowling alley balcony cabins on Carnival Magic

Edited by loanshark
  • Like 1

It was an exciting learning experience.  I'll take the bait every time now to see what is being offered and crossing my fingers it is a suite.  

We have had the L-shaped bowling alley cabins on Magic before and we love them.  We always book them when we see them open for our sailing.  They just feel roomier and they have a nice gigantic balcony usually with loungers instead of just chairs.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sandinmyshoes said:

I just received an email from Carnival saying ...

UPGRADE YOUR STATEROOM

Congrats, sailor! You qualify for a discounted stateroom upgrade on your upcoming cruise aboard Carnival Vista!

A better stateroom can make your whole vacation better — so redeem this offer online using your reservation number (below), and get ready to take your cruise to the next level.

We are Platinum and have never gotten one of these emails before.  It does not have any details and I am hoping you might.

If I click the link, am I giving up my current stateroom assignment?  

Would I get to choose the actual room for my "upgraded" cabin?  

We like the location we picked, but would consider an upgrade if it were located in a desirable area and we got to choose our new cabin number.

Is this an opportunity to bid on a higher category cabin?

Thank you everyone for sharing your experience!

yes I got one of those. I did not know it was unusual bc I have not sailed Carnival in many years. I was offered an Oceanview for a nominal price. But I have 3 cabins in a row for all my kids so I ignored it.

🤗🛳🤗. Yes, my Magic Cabin is indeed an "L" shaped. Carnival was offering Balcony & Large Balcony Cabins for the same rate. Even though I'm booked Solo, who doesn't want extra room...for no extra cost!! So, I went for it. 😁

On 6/12/2019 at 8:07 PM, sandinmyshoes said:

OK.  Because of the awesome quick response of TNcruising02, I decided to press the red button.  Thankfully, it did not strip me of my current cabin and did give me the option to upgrade to a similar cabin a few decks higher.  Unfortunately, it was a connecting cabin right by the elevators, so I opted to keep my original cabin.  I was hoping it would let me upgrade to a suite (even for extra money).  What a fun surprise that would have been for DH.  Oh well.  We'll still enjoy our cruise every bit as much.  Thank you TNcruising02

Depending on how far out your cruise is, you may get another offer once it gets closer to your cruising date. On my last cruise, I got an email upsell offer that was not a deal at all which, of course, I declined. A few days before my cruise, I got a phone call upsell offer, which was a decent offer so I took that one. 

I received an Upsell Offer via email for my cruise in August.  I had originally booked an oceanview and liked my location.  The offer was for a very small amount of money and moving to a balcony.  I clicked on the link and the balcony they were offering was in the very front of the ship with the main show theater directly below it...no thank you!  I called and spoke to a wonderful PVP and she gave me many other options for balcony cabins so I booked one in a much better location.  I am pretty happy as this will be my first balcony ever!  I think most of these offers are for undesirable cabin locations so I wanted to share that it is sometimes possible to call and get more cabin options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2019 at 11:43 PM, Markmom18 said:

you couldnt pay me enough to give up my "bowling alley balcony " also known as "L" cabin.   We have our 5th or 6th one booked for our upcoming cruise on the Magic !!    I love them ~~!!~~

We got our first "upsell letter" just 3 days before our recent Cuba cruise on the Paradise.  In our case the offer detailed the upgrade cabin category and price.  I simultaneously received a phone call from Carnival regarding the same offer.

We ended up talking the offer and were very glad we did!

1 hour ago, K&RCurt said:

We got our first "upsell letter" just 3 days before our recent Cuba cruise on the Paradise.  In our case the offer detailed the upgrade cabin category and price.  I simultaneously received a phone call from Carnival regarding the same offer.

We ended up talking the offer and were very glad we did!

Yes, last couple of times I have gotten an email/website alert/VM all within a few minutes 

I got an up sell offer.  I had the option to go from interior on deck 2 to ocean view on deck 1 for $30 or balcony on deck 7 for $150.    I took the balcony (bowling alley).  Sailing the Victory in January 2020.

Edited by FTLCruiseGal
  • Like 1