Pig & Anchor-Gluten Free Option?

Gatordad815

It would be great if Carnival would put a little sign showing GF available, for instance I just seen on CCL sight that fries were GF and now I read that the one's up front aren't.  To be able to have an option at lunch of some things from the buffet that might have GF available would be nice.  They might need to get it from the back, but would be nice.  

• Like 1

Wife is the one who has to be GF.  It is pretty obvious that I never met a food I couldn't (and wouldn't) eat.  Here is what we experienced on the Breeze.  I did observe the process when and where possible when it came to her food.  Watched for the obvious, like food to food contact and changing of gloves.  Did see some possible cross-contamination which we addressed with the involved server (in a kind and gentle way).  She never got sick once on the ship because of gluten (port is a different story):

MDR - easily the best way to get breakfast and dinner.  Granted, have never used a for-fee dinner option.  Staff was great!

Guy's Burger - I looked through the kitchen door to the back.  They did make burgers fresh when doing gluten-free, and they did a special cleaning on a section of the grill.  Fries were from the back when ordering GF, but I couldn't see from where.  Once they just put fries on the plate from the front area.  Didn't eat the fries just in case.

Blue Iguana - very nervous at first, but watched carefully and didn't observe any potential cross-contamination.

Cucina del Capitano - dinner is a for-fee meal, but at lunch they call it a Pasta Bar and seems to be a little known venue for a "free" eatery.  Very good, if not limited, options for GF diners.

Bonsai Sushi - at the time, the staff at Bonsai could only identify one sushi roll as GF.  Our only interest was sushi, and that roll was very good, so we stuck with that.  There may be other GF options at this place.

Pirate Pizza - only one or two times did we order GF pizza, but I thought it was good and she had no adverse effects.

Deli - quite impressed.  When ordering, the server changed gloves and went back to a fridge and took out the wrapped meat.  Then went to a separate counter area to slice.

Wife would not attempt the Lido buffets (except bacon), and I don't think she tried any other eating option not listed above.

This is after two sailings on the Breeze.  Very similar experience with the Conquest.  Apologies to the OP, we never tried the barbeque venue, which you specifically asked about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 2:33 PM, Top_of_the_Cube said:

Wife is the one who has to be GF.  It is pretty obvious that I never met a food I couldn't (and wouldn't) eat.  Here is what we experienced on the Breeze.  I did observe the process when and where possible when it came to her food.  Watched for the obvious, like food to food contact and changing of gloves.  Did see some possible cross-contamination which we addressed with the involved server (in a kind and gentle way).  She never got sick once on the ship because of gluten (port is a different story):

MDR - easily the best way to get breakfast and dinner.  Granted, have never used a for-fee dinner option.  Staff was great!

Guy's Burger - I looked through the kitchen door to the back.  They did make burgers fresh when doing gluten-free, and they did a special cleaning on a section of the grill.  Fries were from the back when ordering GF, but I couldn't see from where.  Once they just put fries on the plate from the front area.  Didn't eat the fries just in case.

Blue Iguana - very nervous at first, but watched carefully and didn't observe any potential cross-contamination.

Cucina del Capitano - dinner is a for-fee meal, but at lunch they call it a Pasta Bar and seems to be a little known venue for a "free" eatery.  Very good, if not limited, options for GF diners.

Bonsai Sushi - at the time, the staff at Bonsai could only identify one sushi roll as GF.  Our only interest was sushi, and that roll was very good, so we stuck with that.  There may be other GF options at this place.

Pirate Pizza - only one or two times did we order GF pizza, but I thought it was good and she had no adverse effects.

Deli - quite impressed.  When ordering, the server changed gloves and went back to a fridge and took out the wrapped meat.  Then went to a separate counter area to slice.

Wife would not attempt the Lido buffets (except bacon), and I don't think she tried any other eating option not listed above.

This is after two sailings on the Breeze.  Very similar experience with the Conquest.  Apologies to the OP, we never tried the barbeque venue, which you specifically asked about.

Thank you for all of this-so helpful to me as we plan our cruise! Our daughter loves GF pizza and pasta so it’s great to know those are a available lunch options-thank you!