Krazy Lobster - had a good time

travelingtink

We were the only ship in port that day so I wasn’t sure what would be going on over on the malecon. Also the sargassum was so bad and the port that I was afraid to venture over to the beaches. I’m not sure why but I didn’t recall anyone saying how bad the smell was. I always thought to myself that while it might not be much to look at I didn’t think it would ruin my beach time. If I knew about the smell, I would have understood. Anyway, many of the vendors are the port were advising that it would be worse at the beaches. However once I left the port area the smell disappeared. I did not smell it at all anywhere on the malecon.

i went to Krazy Lobster to have lunch. I did not book ahead but there was no need. There were at most 15 tables being used. I got a waterfront table and was given a welcome margarita. I didn’t go for the crazy lobster plate but chose the seafood stuffed pablano pepper and a mango margarita. The waiter said those were his favorites (although I bet he tells that to everyone lol).

i almost asked for no octopus but just decided to go for it. So glad I did as it was the best octopus I’ve ever had. There was also shrimp, lobster and a white fish. Everything was amazing.

After my meal I relaxed in a hammock for about and hour then took a cab back to port. The closer we got to port, the stronger the sargassum smell was. I did see a lot of it at the beach but the folks at Krazy Lobster kept their part of the beach clean. And there was absolutely no smell. 

67ED0094-BFA8-49A4-95B7-444DF80084BC.jpeg

3D4A2F69-8F71-4FD7-B1BE-B0F2C1694622.jpeg

415B7138-A6C0-43D0-A0BA-9F9B03DC8D28.jpeg

09DB8ACF-3EEC-467B-B770-04EAD11A2534.jpeg

8DC4AC56-C80E-4948-BA48-E75D6349FE8A.jpeg

9AE519D8-2E38-4690-BA17-CE61A997738C.jpeg

0334FC7E-078A-44A9-A32B-FCF753AE28C3.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, travelingtink said:

We were the only ship in port that day so I wasn’t sure what would be going on over on the malecon. Also the sargassum was so bad and the port that I was afraid to venture over to the beaches. I’m not sure why but I didn’t recall anyone saying how bad the smell was. I always thought to myself that while it might not be much to look at I didn’t think it would ruin my beach time. If I knew about the smell, I would have understood. Anyway, many of the vendors are the port were advising that it would be worse at the beaches. However once I left the port area the smell disappeared. I did not smell it at all anywhere on the malecon.

i went to Krazy Lobster to have lunch. I did not book ahead but there was no need. There were at most 15 tables being used. I got a waterfront table and was given a welcome margarita. I didn’t go for the crazy lobster plate but chose the seafood stuffed pablano pepper and a mango margarita. The waiter said those were his favorites (although I bet he tells that to everyone lol).

i almost asked for no octopus but just decided to go for it. So glad I did as it was the best octopus I’ve ever had. There was also shrimp, lobster and a white fish. Everything was amazing.

After my meal I relaxed in a hammock for about and hour then took a cab back to port. The closer we got to port, the stronger the sargassum smell was. I did see a lot of it at the beach but the folks at Krazy Lobster kept their part of the beach clean. And there was absolutely no smell. 

67ED0094-BFA8-49A4-95B7-444DF80084BC.jpeg

3D4A2F69-8F71-4FD7-B1BE-B0F2C1694622.jpeg

415B7138-A6C0-43D0-A0BA-9F9B03DC8D28.jpeg

09DB8ACF-3EEC-467B-B770-04EAD11A2534.jpeg

8DC4AC56-C80E-4948-BA48-E75D6349FE8A.jpeg

9AE519D8-2E38-4690-BA17-CE61A997738C.jpeg

0334FC7E-078A-44A9-A32B-FCF753AE28C3.jpeg

Thanks for review and photos.

Sargassum really didn’t look roo bad at all - were those nets offshore - there doesn't look too much even there? I agree it is the smell that is most off putting- the sight is unappealing but you can put up with it but when it has stood and decayed it is awful.

Since there is no actual beach, only rocks, at the port I don’t suppose anyone does anything about clearing it.

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks for review and photos.

Sargassum really didn’t look roo bad at all - were those nets offshore - there doesn't look too much even there? I agree it is the smell that is most off putting- the sight is unappealing but you can put up with it but when it has stood and decayed it is awful.

Since there is no actual beach, only rocks, at the port I don’t suppose anyone does anything about clearing it.

Yes there are nets out in the water. I believe to mark off each restaurant/club’s area. I supposed it may help a bit with the sargassum too.

Here’s a pic of the area right next to Krazy Lobster. Since a boat is docked there I’m guessing no nets. You can see how much more there is over there.

C1A3F5DE-041C-4D1F-8B4C-99487243A29E.jpeg

4 hours ago, travelingtink said:

Yes there are nets out in the water. I believe to mark off each restaurant/club’s area. I supposed it may help a bit with the sargassum too.

Here’s a pic of the area right next to Krazy Lobster. Since a boat is docked there I’m guessing no nets. You can see how much more there is over there.

OK thanks I didn’t realize that was the sideways barrier between the clubs I know some places were trying to set up baffles.

certainly a lot more seaweed next door. I am wondering if not quite as much comes in at Krazy Lobster for some reason, or if they just do a better job of clearing it. Tablemates said it was clearer there in February when we had a lot at Tropicante and it wasn’t for want of them trying to clear it.

Edited by c-leg5