6-13-19 Thursday Weigh-In..How Was Your Week?

Belle

Another week has gone by again

Now another one will begin

Wishing everyone a loss I say

You all did so well last Thursday

Summer is here next week you know

So we need to eat less and sometimes say..no

Want to go though summer having fun

But trying to have no gains  under the summer sun

• Like 1

I am finally down new weight (had been yo-yoing since 4/4)  This week I lost 1.4# for a total loss of 28.8#  .... and the best part is that the weight is now 1*9.6   .... love having the final number be a "9"   

Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

• Like 2

Congratulations Jan 🙂 I'm looking forward to being a 1**.* again 😉 (Maybe next week if all goes well)

I lost whatever I had gained on the cruise, but still the same from my last official weigh-in.  Something happened with my knee yesterday - I wasn't doing anything, it just felt like it "gave out" when I was standing and has been very tender.  It's getting better this morning, but stairs remind me that something happened.

Great job Jenny - I just saw your post as I was finishing mine.

• Like 1

Belle, thanks for the poem.

Congrats Jan, pacruise and Jenny on your losses.

Diana, better to stay the same than to gain.

I am down .8 lb.   I have .6 to go to final goal weight.  I hope that I am there at our next weigh in.

Rose

• Like 1

Thanks for the poem Belle! I finally bit the bullet and weighed myself today after being "BAD" for months. I have 30 lbs that I would like to lose and I only have 73 days left before a cruise to lose it,,,don't think that will happen.
Congrats to all the losers, hopefully I'll be one next week.

I am down 5.8 since June 3rd and total down since I started tracking of 27.6#. The last week has been crazy around here prepping for our Cattleman's Ball, Rounding Up A Cure For Cancer. I worked an EMS shift on Friday and was onsite for backup and attending the event from 3pm to midnight on Saturday. 

Congrats Jan, Jenny, and Rose on a loss  and Pacruise and Diana maintaining is great, it is a letdown but holding even is good.

Wishing all a great weekend! 

• Like 1

Hello all, sorry wasn't around much since I got back.  Here now.

I stayed the same but really had a loss. Between the weigh-in

before I left and getting on the ship I gained(in 4 days.why..don't know)

but it's off now. So don't think I gained on the cruise. Another who knows?:classic_smile:

See it's been a good week for all. That's how we like it.

Jan..Good job..a new weight...A new Number! Happy for you. See we can never give up.

Jenny..Another loss, so close to goal. Your doing great sticking to your plan.

Pac..Glad you loss or stayed the same from cruise. Sorry your knee is giving you problems.

My leg still isn't right yet. Don't know what happen like you.

Diana..Staying the same is never bad. You didn't gain. Be Happy. See it's cooler for you now.

Rose..Doing so good. Next week hope we can yell..GOAL.. for you. How is your husband doing?

Mom..Good weight loss for June. Yes you had a busy week. Hope you had fun.

Cruise42..Welcome back. Missed you. You weren't bad just off track. Glad you "bit the bullet"

and came back to be less for your cruise.

Wishing you all a good week, I'll be in more ..hope you all will to.  Help us to have a loss

next Thursday. Keep us aware. Like I had a outing Wed. I was really good with eating and

drinking (didn't gain) because knew I had to weigh-in.

Everyone have a good weekend.

HI all!

Belle ~ nice poem & words of encouragement.

Am I the only one who gained?!! Oh well, I'm just up 0.6 lbs so not too bad.

Jan ~ I agree ending in a nine is encouraging!!Not so much in my case as it's the highest nine ever.😢

Ideally I'd like to be 22 lbs lighter, back to what I weighed before I retired 12 years ago & became so sedentary.

Have a nice weekend & see you next week

~ Jo ~ 😊

Afternoon All. Hope your having a good start to your weekend.

Thank you all for the kind words.

Jo that's not much you'll get it off fast. I to wish what I weighed 12 years ago.

Bet we all do!:classic_smile:

Can I join if I measure, don't weigh? I used to be a WW Leader but discovered that (unlike others) the scale was taking over. So I had to donate it to stop weighing myself several times a day and doing a 'dance' on it for a few ounces 

Is this open to new posters?  I'm just starting out (since June 1) on a low carb (not Keto levels) plan, and saw some initial success.  Hope to continue, and it would be nice to check weekly and share successes and stumbles.

I'm Andrea, 54, cruising next in December (my first river cruise), and I need to lose about 65 pounds overall (not expecting to by December, of course).  I have another cruise booked next June for my son's graduation, and I would so love to be at a healthy weight by then!  

I started the month doing Dr. Mark Hyman's 10-day Detox diet - with no sugar or sweeteners, alcohol, caffeine, starchy veggies, grains, beans or dairy.  Lost 4 pounds, 2 inches from my waist and 1 inch each from hips and thighs.  The diet was great for taming the sugar cravings, and I certainly want to continue that, but it has so many restrictions.  This week I'm adding back in a little dairy (cheese, cream or full-fat yogurt - not much in any given day).  I tend to end up with 50-60% fat and usually under 20% carbs.  Average 1,500 calories or so per day.

Anyway, I hope to join in and add to the community of support!

Everyone is welcome ... we are all just trying to get healthy and like to help others on their journey also.  It doesn't matter if it is pounds or inches or how a dress feels, etc.

I have been on CC since 2002 and this is the one place that I feel welcomed, no matter what I say, what I weigh, what I gain, what I lose ... everyone is here for everyone else ... it is a non-judgemental thread.  

And .... Belle does such a wonderful job at poems and motivation!.  Jan

Welcome Ombud and AndyB 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello on this Sunday Afternoon.  Happy Father's Day to all who are celebrating.

Welcome Ombud and Andrea everyone is welcome no matter what plan their

doing to lose weight and get healthy.  We have weigh-in on Thursdays but

you can come in everyday and talk. Ask questions, give us tips, whatever.

Glad your joining us.:classic_smile:

Jan you have been saying nice things about me..Thanks. OK how much money

to you want to borrow?:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Belle said:

Jan you have been saying nice things about me..Thanks. OK how much money

to you want to borrow?:classic_laugh:

Oh Belle ... I don't need to borrow any money ... although I believe my son might ..... hahaha!!!  Jan

No one around today.  Are you doing good on your plan?

Hope if you celebrated Fathers Day you had a good day and all others had a good day too.

A little sad for me, both my father and husband are gone. In fact my father died in the month of June

and my mother did too.  Just different years. So down a bit. Helps that I can let it out here.

I'll be fine as all of you are when you have sad times too. We're human and have our down days.

Wishing you all a good week.

Belle, hope your week is getting better.  I was missing my Dad too Sunday - the holidays and birthdays are always a melancholy time.  But that's how we honor them.

I'm doing okay on my plan this week, but my challenge is night-time meetings.  I'm working on a project where a ton of people are in a room in Hong Kong (12 hours ahead of East Coast), but some of us have to dial in from the States.  So I work all day (leave a little early), get home and fix dinner, then get back on the phone for these calls and hang on as long as I can.  It wrecks my sleep and makes me more likely to cheat (I had two cups of coffee today - not a big deal, but I usually have just one a week).  The meetings go through Thursday night.  Oy.

Trying to hang in there.  Hope everyone else is having a great week!

Andrea

Edited by AndyB

On 6/17/2019 at 11:46 PM, Ombud said:

I just succumbed to ice cream 🤫 but I'll get back on track now

Hang in there, Ombud!  Ice cream is tough to resist!  

Today coffee is my downfall.  Not so much in calories, just the overall effect.  But tomorrow is another day.

Andrea sorry about your loss.

That's a lot work all day then have to attend meetings at night by phone.

It's almost Thursday.

Ombud  Ice cream is my favorite food! It's hard to stay away from. Sometimes

I can not eat it sometimes not. Try to eat less if have it.

Hope everyone had a good day so far.

Tomorrow we leave for Iowa to visit DH's DB & DSIL ... Just a short trip (we will be back on Monday) ... don't know if I will be able to weigh in tomorrow as we have an early flight. 

Hope everyone has had a wonderful week.  Jan

• Like 1