Veendam ex-Cuba Pricing and Itinerary

NavArch64

We decided to switch cruises. The two replacement ports for April 8th cruise were not something to get excited about, so we’ve changed to the Rotterdam TransAtlantic cruise. After some tough negotiation by our TA, we were able to keep our original future cruise booking OBC plus the $50 Holland threw in, and got the early booking special for the transAtlantic cruise.  A little more expensive, but better than the non-Cuba Cuba cruise. We’re happy.

I phoned TA and he got on phone with Holland America and received an email from Holland that confirms new itinerary and as we are in BC veranda we received just over $2000 off our original price. The additional shipboard credit also was added and we kept some of our original perks. We decided we will remain on the ship!

2 hours ago, madera1 said:

I phoned TA and he got on phone with Holland America and received an email from Holland that confirms new itinerary and as we are in BC veranda we received just over $2000 off our original price. The additional shipboard credit also was added and we kept some of our original perks. We decided we will remain on the ship!

Sounds like a very fair discount. 

Do you wind me asking which date are you cruising?

I noticed that pricing is now available on HALs website for the 12/18 cruise. So I reached out to my TA who advised that they will be contacting me in 7 to 10 business days with the revised pricing. Do you think they will offer lower pricing than is available on the site or do you think we will just be offered  the current rate?

17 minutes ago, Deep68 said:

I noticed that pricing is now available on HALs website for the 12/18 cruise. So I reached out to my TA who advised that they will be contacting me in 7 to 10 business days with the revised pricing. Do you think they will offer lower pricing than is available on the site or do you think we will just be offered  the current rate?

I got the published rate.  They took away my perks and gave $100 extra OBC.  I’m on the losing end of this deal.  I’m challenging this and my PCC is trying to get perks restored.  I had prepaid gratuity.

8 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I got the published rate.  They took away my perks and gave $100 extra OBC.  I’m on the losing end of this deal.  I’m challenging this and my PCC is trying to get perks restored.  I had prepaid gratuity.

Oh that is not good. I have no perks but a lot of shipboard credit,  some from

cruiseline and some from TA, so we will see how that goes. No sure why my TA cannot send out pricing yet.

16 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good luck with that.  We had pre-paid grats, also on our Cuba cruise.  We switched to a different cruise when they changed the itinerary.  HAL told our TA that pre-paid grats wasn't an option on the new cruise.  BUT, we now get a Signature Beverage Package in place of the $50 beverage card on the original reservation.

I'd rather have the pre-paid grats, as we don't drink that much.

10 minutes ago, Deep68 said:

Oh that is not good. I have no perks but a lot of shipboard credit,  some from

cruiseline and some from TA, so we will see how that goes. No sure why my TA cannot send out pricing yet.

After a little haggling I was able to keep the ship board credit.  Although I did need to argue to reinstate by shareholder OBC.

Today our TA notified the four of us the she still has not received a return call from her HAL BDM with regards to the two perks that were revoked from our 4/4 - 3/11/ 2020 cruise that initially was suppose to go to Cuba.

So, we told her to simply cancel our two cabins with HAL on this cruise and tell HAL exactly why! Rebooked with Celebrity, upgraded balcony cabins, good itinerary and pre-paid gratuities and $150 OBC pp, very good price and friendly and responsive X representatives took care of our TA and therefore ourselves too.

4 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

Today our TA notified the four of us the she still has not received a return call from her HAL BDM with regards to the two perks that were revoked from our 4/4 - 3/11/ 2020 cruise that initially was suppose to go to Cuba.

So, we told her to simply cancel our two cabins with HAL on this cruise and tell HAL exactly why! Rebooked with Celebrity, upgraded balcony cabins, good itinerary and pre-paid gratuities and $150 OBC pp, very good price and friendly and responsive X representatives took care of our TA and therefore ourselves too.

Sounds like a good deal for you with the change. Hopefully the Seattle managers will will see the light and not revoke prior perks for those who are being re fared!

• Like 1

HI All, there is a three day sale that includes some of the revised Veendam Cuba schedules.  My PCC had no luck restoring my prepaid gratuities but I was able to get and extra $300 OBC, $50 beverage card and dinners in the PG and Caneletto.  I would recommend checking it out.  BTW I'm on the 12/18 sailing.

Okay, I spent a bit of time on the phone with my TA who also was on the phone with HAL, and he managed to come up with a price revision that saves us very close to 25% of the original price (and I'm factoring in the extra OBC).  Honestly, I think it's enough money to pretty much pay for any spending we'll do off the ship, and our OBC will more than cover gratuities.

I fiddled around with the idea of txing to a different cruise (a little shorter and a good bit cheaper) but because of the dates involved, we'd have spent our savings on land killing time while waiting for embarkation on our second, bigger cruise.

I think we can live with this.  (12/18 sailing)

At this point, I'm sort of tired of thinking about it.  LOL

5 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

HI All, there is a three day sale that includes some of the revised Veendam Cuba schedules.  My PCC had no luck restoring my prepaid gratuities but I was able to get and extra $300 OBC, $50 beverage card and dinners in the PG and Caneletto.  I would recommend checking it out.  BTW I'm on the 12/18 sailing.

That sounds pretty good. Found out today my TA has been fighting with HAL which is why I have not yet received my revised pricing. They removed some of my shipboard credit. TA said they would reach out tomorrow with final price and shipboard credit.