Fantastic half day tour of Athens

LoopyLou66

I booked with Dimitris Yioutsos of the AthensTaxiDriver company (https://www.athens-taxi-driver.gr/) directly through email for a half day tour of Athens from our cruise at the start of June with no problem (booked in February). His communications were very clear and we easily met our driver where stated, as we embarked. It was an early start at 07.30 but worth it to be at the wonderful Acropolis before the crowds and the heat. Our driver (another Dimitris) was delightful and could not do enough to help us or make our visit special. The vehicle was gratifyingly cool and there were bottles of water available. Dimitris made sure to explain everything about where we were or travelled through, explained the history and showed us historic images before we went to see anything, which made it all come alive even more.

He advised us on the best way to spend the morning for us and took us to see the Presidential mansion. His patriotic delight at actually seeing the President arrive by car was a joy to see. He also made sure to time things so we were able to see the changing of the guard and put us in the best viewing place. We had the special treat of visiting the highest point of the city for amazing panoramic views and have to admit, we have never seen driving like it, to get around all the parked cars! Gold medal driving! I would not hesitate to use this service again when we next visit! If in doubt book it! It's worth the money.
  • Like 2

We also had an amazing full day tour of Athens (last month) but with PK Travel. Our driver and guide were wonderful and their timing...spot on !!!!! After a very early visit to the Acropolis (no heat or crowds) we got to the changing of the guard (noon) and were some of the very few there for this !!! I'll definitely use this company again !!

Glad you had a similar experience.

10 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Thank you both for the info. Could you please advise the cost of these tours?

My PK Travel full day Athens was 65.00 Euros per person.

Edited by Ashland