West Palm Beach airport to Hollywood beach

hockeyluver

We are cruising Superbowl weekend out of Fort Lauderdale.  Found some crazy cheap flights into pbi,  Flights to FLL and MIA  were insane!!! Now im  trying to figure out how to get from the airport to our hotel.  Not to familiar with UBER  but is that an option ?  Or renting a car ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

Edited by hockeyluver

Rent the car - it is about a 75-90+ minute drive depending upon the day of the week and traffic.  You could ride the Tri-Rail train from PBI to FLL and then taxi or Uber to your hotel, and the new Brightline train is an option to explore.

• Like 1

Uber would be $75 if it's only 2 of you. More if you need a larger vehicle. Tri Rail much cheaper but will take longer, then Uber from the Broward Tri rail to your hotel.  Would probably save $40-$50.

Not sure I would rent a car, personally. I'd probably just figure the $75 in to my budget and take an Uber. 

26 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Uber would be $75 if it's only 2 of you. More if you need a larger vehicle. Tri Rail much cheaper but will take longer, then Uber from the Broward Tri rail to your hotel.  Would probably save $40-$50.

Not sure I would rent a car, personally. I'd probably just figure the $75 in to my budget and take an Uber. 

It would only be the 2 of us,  we  dont have UBER where we live  so i'm not sure what the cost would be.   I think $75 would be good,   that is about what a car rental would be and then we wouldnt have to worry about getting from the car rental to the hotel. Is there some kind of web site to get an estimate?  or can I do it on the app ?   We used Uber a few cruises ago,  but that was just in and around Miami.  Thank you for the help and guidance   

2 minutes ago, hockeyluver said:

It would only be the 2 of us,  we  dont have UBER where we live  so i'm not sure what the cost would be.   I think $75 would be good,   that is about what a car rental would be and then we wouldnt have to worry about getting from the car rental to the hotel. Is there some kind of web site to get an estimate?  or can I do it on the app ?   We used Uber a few cruises ago,  but that was just in and around Miami.  Thank you for the help and guidance   

Sure. UberEstimate.com

UberX would be perfectly fine. Just have the app on your phone and request a ride once you get your luggage. The app will even tell you where to meet your ride. Very simple to use. 

• Like 1

Super Bowl week is crazy expensive in the South Florida area. Uber/ Lyft or a rental car is the way to go. Most likely less expensive if you stay in a hotel in the West Palm Beach area and then drive down on embarkation day.

33 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

Super Bowl week is crazy expensive in the South Florida area. Uber/ Lyft or a rental car is the way to go. Most likely less expensive if you stay in a hotel in the West Palm Beach area and then drive down on embarkation day.

I booked a night pre cruise in Hollywood beach a couple months ago.  Will the price of Uber go higher ? Is Lyft the same as Uber ?

2 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

Lyft is the same as Uber. Surge pricing happens when they are very busy and don’t have enough coverage to provide adequate service for all of their customers.

Oh ok,   lol  sorry  from a small town in Southern Ontario Canada 😄   We get in about 2:30 on the Friday   I just looked up the fare estimate  and it looks like it will be as stated earlier around $70 or so,   which would be about the same as a rental car but without all the hassles.  Thanks for all the help ~~~!!!~~~

The Brightline/Virgin train is an amazing way to travel and they many times have great specials.  Sometimes you can get it for $10 per person one way. Check the offers on their website. They also are working with Lyft in Fort lauderdale and offer discounts for someone that has used the train. Info on that is in their specials/offer page.  

One of the things I really like about Brightline is you can make changes or cancel your ticket up until 2 hours before and get a full refund. 

I wouldn't bother renting a car unless returning it was easy and it priced out lower than train/uber or just uber. 

Lyft and Uber are very similar and many drivers do both.  I always check the rates to see which is less and use that.