Silver Wind Tubs

dusababy

Recently returned from 16 days on the lovely Lady Wind - my introduction many years ago to the beauty of sailing with Silversea.   At that time we were both younger -- we've both aged well -- but let's face it -- we're not as nimble as we once were, at least I'm not.

It became obvious I can't sail on this beautiful ship again until the bath tubs are replaced.  It was risking life and limb, especially in the rough North Atlantic, climbing into that narrow tub/shower. 

I haven't been on the Cloud in awhile.   Have tubs been replaced there?  And does anyone have a photo to share? 

Dusababy aka Mary Ann

There are very few tubs on the Cloud now and they will be taken out of most suites on the Wind in next year's dry dock.

We though are the opposite we will not be back on the Cloud or Wind due to the lack of tubs.With balance problems standing in a shower in rough seas would be impossible.

Hi MaryAnn/Dusababy; if the Cloud's internet allows will post a snap (s) of the Cloud's bathroom, next week from the Cloud--heading to the Arctic from Reykjavik/Tromso.

Edited by WesW

10 hours ago, drron29 said:

There are very few tubs on the Cloud now and they will be taken out of most suites on the Wind in next year's dry dock.

We though are the opposite we will not be back on the Cloud or Wind due to the lack of tubs.With balance problems standing in a shower in rough seas would be impossible.

All you need is a simple plastic chair.  SS probably has a few plastic chairs somewhere maybe? Also, as has been stated somewhere here, the walk in shower stalls have a wide ledge for sitting down.

Simply walking in, sitting down and using the hand held spray is a perfectly efficient way to shower, and much, much safer than scrambling over the side of a tub and making the transition from standing to sitting in the tub, then sitting to standing and scrambling back over the side of the tub.

It would be wonderful to see photos of the Cloud’s stand up showers! 

Having just been on The Wind, the is tub/shower situation is not only super difficult to navigate, it is downright dangerous. I have lousy balance and having to lean around the glass panel, reach for the controls, hike my bionic hips over the high tub ledge, and lunge for the grab bar is an adventure and not a good one.

The Wind was my first SS ship and while you always feel sentimental about your first love, I’m afraid I will have to wait and hope that this situation has been remedied before I feel safe to book on her again.

• 2 weeks later...