New special free offers

psxer989

Nope, I didn't create multiple accounts.  Just this one.  I have been on these boards for years as a source of useful information.  I haven't felt the need to create an account to post that everything is fine nor have I had questions that needed answering.  This being my first post I can understand why some would jump to the wrong conclusion.  I'm not sure what the point would be to create posts to troll cruise lines but I guess there are people who do that.

Yes I have cruised for 10 years with NCL and Yes I do know how booking works.  The point I was making that everyone seems to be ignoring is that their promos don't state anything based on fare rate.  It doesn't state anything about restrictions or exclusions.  It only says the promos are tied to the room type.  Book this type of room and get this promo. 

I only posted this state my experience.  Not to talk people out of using NCL.  I'm not interested in staying loyal to one cruise line or NCL in particular which is why I didn't ask for ways to try to remedy the issue.  My solution was to switch to another cruise line where customer service appears to be a bigger priority. 

If everyone here loves NCL then that is fine.  I just choose to spend my money on a different kind of cruise line.

3 hours ago, psxer989 said:

Nope, I didn't create multiple accounts.  Just this one.  I have been on these boards for years as a source of useful information.  I haven't felt the need to create an account to post that everything is fine nor have I had questions that needed answering.  This being my first post I can understand why some would jump to the wrong conclusion.  I'm not sure what the point would be to create posts to troll cruise lines but I guess there are people who do that.

Yes I have cruised for 10 years with NCL and Yes I do know how booking works.  The point I was making that everyone seems to be ignoring is that their promos don't state anything based on fare rate.  It doesn't state anything about restrictions or exclusions.  It only says the promos are tied to the room type.  Book this type of room and get this promo. 

I only posted this state my experience.  Not to talk people out of using NCL.  I'm not interested in staying loyal to one cruise line or NCL in particular which is why I didn't ask for ways to try to remedy the issue.  My solution was to switch to another cruise line where customer service appears to be a bigger priority. 

If everyone here loves NCL then that is fine.  I just choose to spend my money on a different kind of cruise line.

For the 3rd time, what was your discount?

We have emotion from you, but not the facts.

Nope, I didn't create multiple accounts.  Just this one.  I have been on these boards for years as a source of useful information.  I haven't felt the need to create an account to post that everything is fine nor have I had questions that needed answering.  This being my first post I can understand why some would jump to the wrong conclusion.

You picked a strange time to suddenly decide to contribute given you have been on here for years and found it useful.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You always have the ability to call and work with them to cancel the current reservation and re-book to get the current offers.  You usually just have to pay what ever the difference in price may be.  Sometimes the price has actually gone down.  As long as it works out in your favor it is still worth doing it, you just need to figure that out on your own.  I recently did the same thing to apply a second cruisenext certificate.  It cost me $8 in a tax increase but saved me $125.

Sorry I meant the board has been a source of useful information.

Posting on this board has been interesting.  I didn't post a question nor did I ask for remedies.  I stated my experience and my solution.  In response, people have said they don't believe me or that I don't understand how offers work, etc.  Again, I don't have a problem with NCL making offers or the process of having to cancel and rebook to get current offers.  What I keep stating my issue is and was, is that NCL did not put conditions on the free offers based on Price.  Only on the room type.  When I spoke with NCL and brought this up, they only said I have to pay full price.  When I asked where it actually states that rather than the room type being the condition of the offer, they couldn't and only repeated it is based on paying a full fare.   That's it, that's the issue.  It isn't about whether they have offers old or new or a discount.  This issue is only that their website makes offers based on room type and doesn't have any declaration about price of fare and yet that was their reason for denying the offers.

Everyone can relax.  I won't post on this site again.

Update.

I said I wasn't going to post but to NCL's credit they did contact me today admitting they made a mistake.  Even though I had already canceled my reservation they were prepared to reinstate it with all the free at sea offers.  They stated there were others who pointed out the same thing so that got their attention and they are correcting it.  I would guess that if anyone else reached out as I did, you will probably be hearing from them.  I respectfully declined since I am booked on another cruise line but it was nice of NCL to reach out and I thought I'd pass it along.