Map?

Vitamin Sea Addict

Anyone have a good map of Old SJ? I've seen a variety of maps but I want a clear map that I could print out ahead of time and use it to accurately (with whining children in tow) get where we want in San Juan.  Sounds like the trolley is no longer a reliable source as whether it is running can be hit or miss. I'd just like something clear and easy to navigate. So many on google images seem cluttered or unclear.

Thanks!

If there are certain places you want to go...try downloading mapsme ahead of time (can be used with or without any internet/phone service) and put in the places you want to go, star them, then when you get there it will tell you exactly how to get there and show you the map on your phone. It's a great app and I use it all the time, including when we land vacation in Aruba and don't have phone service...we drive everywhere with it. 

On another note, OSJ is super easy to navigate. 

Have a great trip. 

I've never been to OSJ before and I'm kind of a planner / researcher, so I went to Google maps and made a route for the places we want to visit.  I will print that out ahead of time so we will have it. Here is the link to google maps of OSJ.  If you type in your destinations, you can create your own route(s) and print ahead of time.   https://www.google.com/maps/place/Viejo+San+Juan,+San+Juan,+Puerto+Rico/@18.4645723,-66.1204666,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x8c036eb8b656b379:0x86bd62881c6ab915!8m2!3d18.463203!4d-66.1147571 or you can 

For example: I created my map from Google. Once you create your map, be sure send the link to yourself, this way, you can modify it as you go if you find new things or want to remove something on your route.  

image.png.cdde1188730ec984b813eef8c9063323.png

I also have attached some maps (not sure if new and old) that I have from other threads in case you are interested.

Hope this helps!  

San Juan Walking Tour Map.PNG

San Juan Visual Free Trolley Map.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 8:52 PM, Vitamin Sea Addict said:

Anyone have a good map of Old SJ? I've seen a variety of maps but I want a clear map that I could print out ahead of time and use it to accurately (with whining children in tow) get where we want in San Juan.  Sounds like the trolley is no longer a reliable source as whether it is running can be hit or miss. I'd just like something clear and easy to navigate. So many on google images seem cluttered or unclear.

Thanks!

I like this one for detail.  Unfortunately, the site listing sequence is far from perfect.  Regardless, it still offers good info. 

If you happen to have "National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass" it would all you free entrance to many of San Juan sites including both the forts. 

1433051026_SanJuanmap.thumb.jpg.06369f64fd89ee8463fb522004065bca.jpg

• Like 1

Vitamin Sea Addict - I received a notation that you had responded to my post, however I am not able to find the response. So I went looking for it. At this point, I thinking maybe you had a similar mishap to one I recently experienced. I posted a response and made a typo, so I corrected the typo; however I failed to save the post, thus it disappeared.

In looking for your response, I happened to notice your post about your son's hearing. Thank you. There is so much truth in what you said, I thoroughly appreciated it. Most people really do not understand the effects of being disabled regardless what the disability is. In my case, I can walk, that is not an issue. However, walking is physical exertion which limits my ability to breath, thus I use a mobility scooter.

Currently I'm booked for a January 2021 cruise into San Juan. Seems like ever cruise into our out of San Juan, I have not been able to get to see Casa Blanca, thus I've already told my traveling companion we are going there.  I've used this the map I posted a number of times. 

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty