Couple complains they were kicked off NCL Breakaway

david_sobe

20 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

"Listen you idiot" bad idea to start name-calling when you're looking a favour and 

"They started calling security and I may have made a comment that said you better get more than a couple because I'm a big guy," Robert said of the interaction., would be seen as a threat... good enough to get anyone thrown off a ship. 

He incriminated himself on TV as well and didn't even realize it.  Case closed.  Kudos NCL!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

So does anyone have any thoughts about the wife? She didn't say anything to support or not

support her husband (that I know of). She was only upset that the incident happened at

the beginning not the end as if he misbehaved at the end and had to wait until Miami to

disembark it would have been OK as she would have at least gotten her cruise in. LOL

It said they only required him to leave. Wonder if she got off or stayed on. I would have stayed on and enjoyed my time away from his jerkish behavior.

• Like 2

I agree with all of you. He lost me at calling the employee an idiot. I would have been upset but as others suggested, I would have called the concierge if in the Haven, or just given up and gone to have a drink! How bad can it actually be to any normal person to be told they can’t see a show when you are on a cruise. Disappointing? Annoying? Sure. But losing it in an obnoxious fury, nope. 

I too wonder about the wife. I would have stayed and enjoyed myself. Unless she supports his bad behavior, she should have said “ bye dear, see you when I see you”, lol. 

13 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

I agree with all of you. He lost me at calling the employee an idiot. I would have been upset but as others suggested, I would have called the concierge if in the Haven, or just given up and gone to have a drink! How bad can it actually be to any normal person to be told they can’t see a show when you are on a cruise. Disappointing? Annoying? Sure. But losing it in an obnoxious fury, nope. 

I too wonder about the wife. I would have stayed and enjoyed myself. Unless she supports his bad behavior, she should have said “ bye dear, see you when I see you”, lol. 

One look at the wife and you can tell she learned a long time ago not to challenge, defy or disagree with her husband.  It's written all over her face.

Edited by StolidCruiser
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, StolidCruiser said:

One look at the wife and you can tell she learned a long time ago not to challenge, defy or disagree with her husband.  It's written all over her face.

I was afraid of that. Did not watch the video so I gave her the benefit of the doubt!

All this drama over a show that is free and they could have gotten into any other time especially being in the Haven.

We are surprised over the antics but this guy probably has gotten away with it most of his life.  Until one day where someone finally stood their ground.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I wonder if CLIA maintains a "do not sail" list for all lines.

Roy

Why would they? Each line maintains its on list, that may not apply to other lines.

7 hours ago, beerman2 said:

FYI the poster (TWO), SeaShark is debating with,  does have a tendency to tell others just how wrong they are.  First hand experience there.

There’s always the ignore list. I think once someone starts aggravating you that much, it’s the way to go. Just my opinion, though. With my less than 100% positive views on NCL I’m pretty sure I’ve ended up on a few. 😉

5 hours ago, david_sobe said:

All this drama over a show that is free and they could have gotten into any other time especially being in the Haven.

We are surprised over the antics but this guy probably has gotten away with it most of his life.  Until one day where someone finally stood their ground.

And it was Burn the Floor to boot (sorry not my favourite show) -- if he has been on that many NCL sailings, you'd think he has already seen it...

Edited by xcell
  • Like 4

On 6/14/2019 at 12:18 PM, david_sobe said:

This is from the news today in Miami.  If this has been posted before, please delete. I did research but did not see anything.  This couple appears to be a Haven loyal NCL member who was kicked off the ship for a confrontation with NCL employees.  They called the local Miami news to tell their story.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Man-Kicked-Off-Cruise-Says-He-Couldnt-Fight-Captains-Decision-511239011.html

One less a-hole to encounter on NCL.  Bravo to NCL on this one.  

• Like 1

Even if NCL crew was in the wrong, the couple should have been polite. First, they should have asked to speak to the manager or the supervisor. If that failed, they should have taken it up with guest services on the ship and if that failed, just accept the inconvenience and call their TA or PCC when they got home as well as calling or writing customer service when they got home.

They might have missed the show but saved the cruise and got some compensation.

I think maybe we (including myself) may have assumed they were traveling in the Haven because the concierge was mentioned.  However something is not logical about that.  There are reserved seats for Haven guests.  They can arrive minutes before any show.  My guess is they are platinum and tried to use the latitudes concierge to save them.

Small detail in the story but just makes their antics and behavior all the worse.

Don't you know who I am.  I am platinum NCL.  I am calling the latitudes concierge immediately.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, bostonphil said:

Even if NCL crew was in the wrong, the couple should have been polite. First, they should have asked to speak to the manager or the supervisor. If that failed, they should have taken it up with guest services on the ship and if that failed, just accept the inconvenience and call their TA or PCC when they got home as well as calling or writing customer service when they got home.

They might have missed the show but saved the cruise and got some compensation.

Or just sneak through the other door and tell the usher, you already checked me in....  

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:08 PM, zqvol said:

Why would they? Each line maintains its on list, that may not apply to other lines.

In many industries, competitors do share bad customer list for common good. 

While certain show seats are initially reserved for Haven guests, they are released shorlty before the start of the show (about 10 minutes before?) if Haven guests have not come to occupy them. The ropes used to separate those seat rows are removed. At that point I think any guest can take seat in that section. 

13 hours ago, fondtravel said:

While certain show seats are initially reserved for Haven guests, they are released shorlty before the start of the show (about 10 minutes before?) if Haven guests have not come to occupy them. The ropes used to separate those seat rows are removed. At that point I think any guest can take seat in that section

Sorry, incorrect information.

Edited by Beaver1975

Once the show has started, I don't think the crew lets anyone in - reserved seats or not.  That may have been the issue.  He was late and they would not let him in.  It didn't matter if he had a "reservation".  At least that's what I always thought - you had to be on time for the shows.

I Just got off the Dawn(no Haven onboard but), While I stood in the back next to the area for reserved seats, the NCL personnel expressed to me that I could sit in another couple of minutes and app. 2 minutes before show started he walked away and again told me I could have a seat there.

As for no one in after show starts, I know that is not the case, it always annoys me when people start wandering in after the show and disturb everyone else while they look for seats.

On 6/16/2019 at 5:18 AM, david_sobe said:

I think maybe we (including myself) may have assumed they were traveling in the Haven because the concierge was mentioned.  However something is not logical about that.  There are reserved seats for Haven guests.  They can arrive minutes before any show.  My guess is they are platinum and tried to use the latitudes concierge to save them.

Small detail in the story but just makes their antics and behavior all the worse.

Don't you know who I am.  I am platinum NCL.  I am calling the latitudes concierge immediately.

You may be right!! I'm sitting here rolling my eyes as that statement, "I'm Platinum" is constantly heard on cruises and here on CC!! LMAO as who the hell cares, like it's some kind of badge of honor

On 6/15/2019 at 1:15 PM, StolidCruiser said:

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking as I watched that video.