beach chair lock

Cpamomma

I am looking for some sort of safe, locking bag that I can put things in if I go to the pool on the ship or if we go to the beach in port.  I would like to have a bag that fits a couple of phones, a couple of kindles and a small wallet.  I have found some bags but they are either way too big or too small.  Any recommendations?  Thanks.

Try Kyss.. We have one of these and it comes with a chain and a lock built in..

Lock it on to any thing such as a beach chair and away you go.

We have been using it for many years without any problem.

• Like 1

Look for the KYSS bag; that's what it's called; (Keep Your Stuff Safe), has a chain and a combination lock, that when wrapped around your chair or chairs, will lock the bag so nothing can be removed, nor the bag removed from the chairs.  I recall they come in three sizes, small, medium and large. Keep Your Stuff Safe Tote Bag (KYSS)

• Like 3

I totally agree with both above. A few years ago I asked the same question and was referred to Kyss. These bags are very well made and last a long time. I use them on the airplanes, by the pool and on excursions. Love them!  I just wish they would add a panel on the outside so they can slip over your luggage handle. Otherwise,  they are PERFECT!

If you lock a bag to a chair on the pool deck I would very much hope that it would be removed and kept safe for you.  I can't speak for every cruise line but I have never known possessions to be stolen whilst at sea.  You do have a bit of a captive population!  A usual beach bag will be safe enough.  For ports - yes possibly.  But beach loungers are portable.  Surely if someone wants your stuff - which they will if you lock it up in a bag! - they'll just lift the lounger and cut the bag off later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GastroGnome said:

If you lock a bag to a chair on the pool deck I would very much hope that it would be removed and kept safe for you.  I can't speak for every cruise line but I have never known possessions to be stolen whilst at sea.  You do have a bit of a captive population!  A usual beach bag will be safe enough.  For ports - yes possibly.  But beach loungers are portable.  Surely if someone wants your stuff - which they will if you lock it up in a bag! - they'll just lift the lounger and cut the bag off later.

possessions do get stolen on Celebrity and other cruiselines. Someone wanted my expensive sun lotion and snatched it off my chair while I was in the pool. A friend was in the shower near the pool and hung his swimsuit over the door for a few moments . It was grabbed . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

possessions do get stolen on Celebrity and other cruiselines. Someone wanted my expensive sun lotion and snatched it off my chair while I was in the pool. A friend was in the shower near the pool and hung his swimsuit over the door for a few moments . It was grabbed . 

The swim suit was probably grabbed as a prank by youngsters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Your friend took his swimsuit off at the pool shower😱

• Like 2

I love my Kyss bags. I have 2, a large and a small and have used them many times both on and off the ship. The only drawback is they are a little heavy with the chain so I bring an extra tote bag to use when I don’t plan to leave the bag anywhere.  Yes, you do have to attach them to something not easily portable. I believe they are made of a cut resistant material but probably someone determined could cut it but may take them some time.

Mary Ann

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We use a FlexSafe which was featured on Shark Tank.  Check it out.  

I was looking at this on Amazon.  Do you know if it is large enough to hold a Kindle?  Thanks

We have a couple of these we use.  https://www.amazon.com/PacSafe-Travelsafe-Anti-Theft-Portable-Safe-Black/dp/B074SQLGMT/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=pacsafe&qid=1560629949&s=gateway&sr=8-15  We have season tickets to our local water park, and this always goes with us.  The nice thing, is it can not be cut open as it has a steel mesh inside the fabric.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cpamomma said:

I was looking at this on Amazon.  Do you know if it is large enough to hold a Kindle?  Thanks

It will not hold an IPAD but it depends on the size of your Kindle.  However their is a larger version called FlexSafe Plus that will hold these devices.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeeRick said:

It will not hold an IPAD but it depends on the size of your Kindle.  However their is a larger version called FlexSafe Plus that will hold these devices.

Thanks.  The descriptions sound great for the Flexsafe plus, but it appears that it is not available for sale.  I even checked their Kickstarter page with no luck.

23 hours ago, caymancouple said:

We have a couple of these we use.  https://www.amazon.com/PacSafe-Travelsafe-Anti-Theft-Portable-Safe-Black/dp/B074SQLGMT/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=pacsafe&qid=1560629949&s=gateway&sr=8-15  We have season tickets to our local water park, and this always goes with us.  The nice thing, is it can not be cut open as it has a steel mesh inside the fabric.

Thanks.  We have a number of PacSafe items, so I will look closer at this.

On 6/15/2019 at 4:31 AM, UFMOM said:

I love my Kyss bags. I have 2, a large and a small and have used them many times both on and off the ship. The only drawback is they are a little heavy with the chain so I bring an extra tote bag to use when I don’t plan to leave the bag anywhere.  Yes, you do have to attach them to something not easily portable. I believe they are made of a cut resistant material but probably someone determined could cut it but may take them some time.

Mary Ann

Unfortunately, they are sold out of the medium and large.  I think the small will be too small to hold a couple of Kindles, phones and wallets.

Beware of the FlexSafe... I had one and loaned it to a family member.  Their grandson was fooling with it and changed the combination (he was 3 at the time) and nobody knew what he changed it to.  I tried the company, and there was no way to reset the combination.  But they gave me some kind of discount to buy another one.....  No thanks 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mapomp said:

Beware of the FlexSafe... I had one and loaned it to a family member.  Their grandson was fooling with it and changed the combination (he was 3 at the time) and nobody knew what he changed it to.  I tried the company, and there was no way to reset the combination.  But they gave me some kind of discount to buy another one.....  No thanks 

This happened to me a few years back, riding on the LIRR going home; somehow I changed the 3-digit combination on my attaché case.  Not paying attention, I did not know what I changed it to.  I set the combination to 000 and changed it one digit at a time, (000, 001, 002, etc.).  Yes, it took quite a while to hit the correct combination, but I did it.

Keys’s bags are the best. Bought one last year for a trip to Aruba. It was a godsend. Brought it in my April cruise. It was a boil help. I have the medium. It’s a good size. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 5:09 PM, GastroGnome said:

But beach loungers are portable.  Surely if someone wants your stuff - which they will if you lock it up in a bag! - they'll just lift the lounger and cut the bag off later.

I am having a laughing fit visualizing someone hauling a lounger off, getting on the elevator then  carrying it down the corridor to their cabin, all the while the Kyss bag is dangling from the side. Yeah, that wouild be very inconspicoous! 😎

• Haha 1