The new sale of "drastically" reduced carib itins.

nancyshaw

For those of you who are Oceania frequenters...

I looked at the itins, most are totally available, yet the deal is a good one...

Any thoughts here  as to why so much inventory available from july to january ?

my impression is that many staying away from O...is this a wrong impression?

?  I researched 3 Cruiselines for several trips to be taken this year recently, and found openings and drastic price savings, most due to the holes the Cuba Cancelation caused.   Folks canceling.   No worries, I don’t think any conspiracy against one cruise line vs another.  But don’t take off that tinfoil hat just yet.   

• Like 1

yes it makes sense, that since Cuba is not an option, lines are scrambling to substitute and because it is rather late, reductions are to be had...

well we are looking forward to a new years cruise on the Insignia....very good price....

Just now, FetaCheese said:

Sorry, yes Sirena is included.  I searched my TA website ( revelex ) for these new itineraries, and no Insignia cruises from Miami are listed from July thru Dec.

yes we are holding cabins for Dec 28 though Jan 8.

also got an email about this SALE....dates from July through Feb 2020.....Insignia and Serena....

We have also been contacted by Oceania.  They are offering deeply discounted cruises on Insignia (would be almost half of our last cruise cost) because of all the Cuba cancellations.  The agent said “it’s been crazy here”.  Although we don’t particularly like the new ports of call, we’re considering a booking.  They’re offering an upgrade to penthouse from a verandah plus choice of drinks pkg. shore excursions or OBC.   We were on a Riviera cruise in April that stopped in Havana.  I’m glad I got the opportunity to visit but I would not be interested in returning.  I think Insignia has been upgraded so it may be time to try it😄.

18 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

We have also been contacted by Oceania.  They are offering deeply discounted cruises on Insignia (would be almost half of our last cruise cost) because of all the Cuba cancellations.  The agent said “it’s been crazy here”.  Although we don’t particularly like the new ports of call, we’re considering a booking.  They’re offering an upgrade to penthouse from a verandah plus choice of drinks pkg. shore excursions or OBC.   We were on a Riviera cruise in April that stopped in Havana.  I’m glad I got the opportunity to visit but I would not be interested in returning.  I think Insignia has been upgraded so it may be time to try it😄.

Please clarify O is offering this cabin upgrade, plus extra benefits in addition to advertised Olife? We are currently on cruise and have been offered nothing except reduced price. 

1 hour ago, kibutzer said:

Please clarify O is offering this cabin upgrade, plus extra benefits in addition to advertised Olife? We are currently on cruise and have been offered nothing except reduced price. 

We are on Sirena 2-1 and forced to stay.  Nothing but price reduction.  Not even a buck of OBC.  

Edited by HokiePoq

We just booked cabin 8062 PH3 on Insignia.  We paid current reduced price.... no upgrade or pre-paid grats.   This will be our first cruise on a “R” ship (5 other cruises on “O” ships).  Is 8062 a good cabin or does the next door Owners Suite cause veranda obstruction?

59 minutes ago, CruisingIGo said:

We just booked cabin 8062 PH3 on Insignia.  We paid current reduced price.... no upgrade or pre-paid grats.   This will be our first cruise on a “R” ship (5 other cruises on “O” ships).  Is 8062 a good cabin or does the next door Owners Suite cause veranda obstruction?

We were in PH3 8065 and the privacy panel did obstruct our view somewhat but didn't bother us at all especially because we gained more privacy!  The other comment is that it is directly below Terrace Cafe and we often heard moving of chairs but no big deal as loved the PH.  Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

This  is a great sale and if you do a B2B you save even more..if I didnt have 3 cruises coming up in the next 6 months I would jump on a couple..

Jancruz1

I didnt see any 7 plus 7 ..a B2B...will take a closer look....

16 hours ago, Roccaforte said:

Per person price $1549 plus choice of $400 OBC or bev. pkg. or 4 shore excursions.  Upgrade from Concierge to PH3.  Not sure of Olife???  Haven’t had any discussions with TA.  This is from O agent.

Wow this is less than advertised OBC, and prices.  Are you a previous cruiser?

Can you email me O person you spoke with, and what date? bphochstein@gmail.com 

14 hours ago, Jancruz said:

This  is a great sale and if you do a B2B you save even more..if I didnt have 3 cruises coming up in the next 6 months I would jump on a couple..

Jancruz1

What sale? We did not receive an email, and the rates on website do not reflect those being described on this board, at the least not on my changed Cuba cruise. 

We  were emailed this today, and have already booked.

They gave us £1500.00 off for cruise only and have found the flights for £900.00 .

But I do feel for the people who lost their Cuba cruise having been there in 2018 it’s such an amazing place and a great shame about the current embargo.

14 minutes ago, kibutzer said:

Wow this is less than advertised OBC, and prices.  Are you a previous cruiser?

Can you email me O person you spoke with, and what date? bphochstein@gmail.com 

Bonnie

these perks  look like  a 7 day cruise  is yours 7 days or more?

Maybe clear the cookies for O  & see if you notice  the new pricing

These are the perfect opportunities for those posters only interested in the ship and don’t care about the ports. Hawaiidan are you reading? Inexpensive cruises on Oceania awaits you. I can think of no better place to just relax and stay aboard without ever leaving.  No need to cry about port intensive itineraries. Your dream come true, please indulge, O needs the passengers.

We actually booked the Insignia yesterday because of the pricing! We're sailing to Alaska on Celebrity in August an had no intention of going on another cruise so soon, but my SiL told us of the offer and it was too good to pass up! It's a chance for us to try a new, normally out of range, line.

I think the upgrade issue has resolved itself, with many existing cruisers being offered a suite for the same or less than they originally paid for their cruise, but these are limited.

Perhaps the regular Oceania cruisers are upset at the riff-raff being attracted by the offers! 😉

• Like 1

my original post was all wrong..but I am glad I asked the question....

some interesting answers here...

as far as attracting "riff raff"...hey the prices are not that low, especially for dec to feb....lol

in any case if low prices attract "riff raff", what do high prices attract? snobs?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nancyshaw said:

my original post was all wrong..but I am glad I asked the question....

some interesting answers here...

as far as attracting "riff raff"...hey the prices are not that low, especially for dec to feb....lol

in any case if low prices attract "riff raff", what do high prices attract? snobs?

It's easy to sound  egalitarian, Nancy, but we're not talking about people who don't know their wine vintages here.

I've told this story here before, but my sister in law, Who lives in Tampa won't cruise with the lines who sail from there because the cruises are so cheap and as a result attract such riff raff that she got a 40% discount on her last cruise because, and I am not joking about this, the Cruise Line could not stop her fellow passengers from urinating in the hallways!