The new sale of "drastically" reduced carib itins.

nancyshaw

Many of us who are currently sailing on Insignia have booked the cruise that follows our world cruise (7/11-18) and/or the next one (7/18-28) because of the slashed prices PLUS the additional discount for booking while onboard PLUS we don't need additional airfare since we're already on the ship and have our airfare set (disclaimer: a change fee had to be paid, but it wasn't bad) PLUS many of us are at least gold loyalty level from the world cruise and get enough perks from the loyalty level that we booked these extra cruises without needing to pay the OLife price.  I thought this was a easy and cheap way to pick up 2 more cruise credits too. 

Not sure about all the discounted cruises, but these next 2 for Insignia were changed because of the travel ban to Cuba and many of the passengers cancelled (and were given a full refund) so in order to fill a quite empty ship, they deeply discounted the fares.  I'm very happy and glad to stay on the ship a little longer...6 months wasn't quite enough.  😉

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

It's easy to sound  egalitarian, Nancy, but we're not talking about people who don't know their wine vintages here.

I've told this story here before, but my sister in law, Who lives in Tampa won't cruise with the lines who sail from there because the cruises are so cheap and as a result attract such riff raff that she got a 40% discount on her last cruise because, and I am not joking about this, the Cruise Line could not stop her fellow passengers from urinating in the hallways!

now that is  real riff-raff.....

I do understand the concept and in fact have experienced it...

we have done Azamara twice, once it was the best cruise out of our 40 and the second time the worst..what made the difference....a promo out of California, offered a 50% reduction....

the cruise was negatively affected not so much by the clientele but by the fact that the cruise line decided to save as much on this voyage as possible....less staff, poor quality of food, different menus...etc....

we paid full fare and were very disappointed with what we got...that was our last Azamara cruise...

we certainly hope O does not do the same...

Just received an e mail from usual Oceania personal travel planner who also, of course sells Regent. Great deals for those wishing to try the refurbished Mariner...well less than 300 per diems...great pricing for Regent which, of course, includes some shore excursions.

1 hour ago, edgee said:

great pricing for Regent which, of course, includes some shore excursions.

Actually they include many excursions + alcohol + no gratuities (?) - that’s a good deal.

16 hours ago, edgee said:

Just received an e mail from usual Oceania personal travel planner who also, of course sells Regent. Great deals for those wishing to try the refurbished Mariner...well less than 300 per diems...great pricing for Regent which, of course, includes some shore excursions.

I'm guessing that all cruiselines that go to Cuba are scrambling to  fill their ships, just like O and Regent. Probably lots of deals to find.

My riff raff comment was intended as a joke. Hence the winking emoji.

Truth is, riff raff comes in all shapes, sizes and price points, although you DO get more on Carnival, IMO. 😉 We experienced a lot of drunks throwing up in the corridors when we made the mistake of going on a Carnival cruise in '03!

In '05, we were on the Celebrity Zenith and two ladies on our dinner table, who were 'Happy Hour' friends, arrived late every evening, more often than not, the worst for wear and made us wait between every course while they went outside for a cigarette!

Ultimately, a cruise is what you make it and, if you let the little things bother you, you're not going to have a great experience!

As the saying goes, a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work! 🙂

9 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

Do people vomit/urinate in the hallways where you work?

(If so, can you forward my résumé to HR? Cheers.)

3 hours ago, Shawnino said:

Do people vomit/urinate in the hallways where you work?

(If so, can you forward my résumé to HR? Cheers.)

2 hours ago, Guindalf said:

LOL.

I work from home and, well, accidents do happen! 😄

I would love to cruise with you two!

4 hours ago, Guindalf said:

My riff raff comment was intended as a joke. Hence the winking emoji.

Truth is, riff raff comes in all shapes, sizes and price points, although you DO get more on Carnival, IMO. 😉 We experienced a lot of drunks throwing up in the corridors when we made the mistake of going on a Carnival cruise in '03!

In '05, we were on the Celebrity Zenith and two ladies on our dinner table, who were 'Happy Hour' friends, arrived late every evening, more often than not, the worst for wear and made us wait between every course while they went outside for a cigarette!

Ultimately, a cruise is what you make it and, if you let the little things bother you, you're not going to have a great experience!

absolutely agree with you...

2 hours ago, Petoonya said:

I would love to cruise with you two!

Actually Petoonya, I'd very much apreciate it if you could send me an e-mail at gmail.com.

We are looking at S. Pacific next year and I have a ton of questions that I'd be very much obliged if you could help on.

On 6/15/2019 at 7:19 AM, pinotlover said:

These are the perfect opportunities for those posters only interested in the ship and don’t care about the ports. Hawaiidan are you reading? Inexpensive cruises on Oceania awaits you. I can think of no better place to just relax and stay aboard without ever leaving.  No need to cry about port intensive itineraries. Your dream come true, please indulge, O needs the passengers.

LOL.  You described what I was thinking.  I'd rather take a beating than return to the Caribbean.  But to be on an O ship for a week and never leave the ship does sound lovely.  And we haven't even cruised them yet.  LOL

It's a nice cruise line. Hope you like it. I'm enjoying a small ship more than I thought I would. Just know that the evening entertainment is poor...I've attended 1 show in 5.5 months. I do love listening to the string quartet, though.

Edited by Go-Bucks!