Cunard Laundry Service - can you request water temperature?

esrs

Hello!  I'm determined that for my upcoming trip (all three Cunard ships, back-to-back-to-back) I will not be doing all my own laundry and will send most of it out.  However I have things that really should be washed in cold water and then drip-dried (although I can be flexible on that point).

Does anyone know if one can request a COLD water wash if you send out your laundry?  I suspect they will not return damp laundry for me to hang up in the shower ... but has anyone tried this?  I've scoured the internet and I cannot find an answer to this question. 

(Note: we've travel on Cunard before but have always done our own laundry, so I have no experience with the laundry service.)

Of course I can't tell for sure but I did hand write 'please use cold water' on my laundry slip.  The items came back fine, no shrinkage or fading so I thought at the time they had done as I had asked.

Maybe just a question to housekeeping while on board about this would help ease your mind on whether they will use cold water upon request.

These prices seem to match what I paid last week (i.e., $6 for a formal shirt):

0a86ce5b2006e06025b5444d2edafec8.jpg

Note that socks and underwear are IMO very pricey. I'd just use the sink and roll up in a clean towel before hanging to dry.

3 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Note that socks and underwear are IMO very pricey. I'd just use the sink and roll up in a clean towel before hanging to dry.

We've been doing the same for years.   In addition to the shower clothes line provided, we aways bring along an extra line with suction cups that stick to the inside wall of the shower.   Most synthetic underwear and socks will dry over night.   BTW - if you send cotton T-shirts to the laundry, they come back ironed and hung on a wire hanger.    

15 hours ago, Underwatr said:

These prices seem to match what I paid last week (i.e., $6 for a formal shirt):

0a86ce5b2006e06025b5444d2edafec8.jpg

Thank you for the info.  Hmmm, after being able to send out any number of bags on HAL for free... Guess I'll be doing as some suggest my own 'delicates' in the room.

1 hour ago, Sue from Canada said:

Thank you for the info.  Hmmm, after being able to send out any number of bags on HAL for free... Guess I'll be doing as some suggest my own 'delicates' in the room.

Or, I dunno, use the laundry facilities that are available at no charge ...

6 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

While not free on Cunard, the laundry and dry cleaning prices are certainly far less than hotel prices in the US or in Europe. 

The fees for paid laundry are quite reasonable.
The self-laundry machines are available at no charge, and you can select cold water.

Thanks Vintage CCG.  I do think the fees are reasonable and actually had hoped to send everything out on our trip and avoid doing my own laundry.  To me, doing the laundry was the least enjoyable part of our previous trips. 🙂

• Like 2