Staterooms For Three People

jdacombe

My wife, son and I are booked on a forthcoming cruise to the Fjords, we have selected a Concierge class stateroom and all three of us will be staying in the same room.

From experience does anybody know if the room will already be configured for three people (eg; bedding for the sofa/trundle bed, extra chair for the balcony etc;) or will we need to sort this all out with the stateroom steward upon occupying the room.

Many thanks

Depends on the steward.  Just remind them, and they'll have it all sorted before bedtime. 

I'm not sure that they'll be able to add a third chair to the balcony, though.  There's not a lot of room.

They'll sort the beds / bedding out for you.  But I doubt there is room for another chair on the balcony.  Concierge is really only suitable for two.  Once the sofa bed is down you won't really be able to move around the room too much. 

18 hours ago, Marelaine said:

When we need a third chair on the balcony, we bring the desk chair out there.

Hadn't thought of that.

Thanks for the replies, sounds like space may be at a premium in the stateroom

22 hours ago, jdacombe said:

My wife, son and I are booked on a forthcoming cruise to the Fjords, we have selected a Concierge class stateroom and all three of us will be staying in the same room.

From experience does anybody know if the room will already be configured for three people (eg; bedding for the sofa/trundle bed, extra chair for the balcony etc;) or will we need to sort this all out with the stateroom steward upon occupying the room.

Many thanks

We've traveled in a Concierge cabin (Solstice Class) with our son. The sofa is made up each night by the steward. A third chair was not added to the balcony  as our balcony lacked space for extra furniture of any description. Perhaps some of the slanted balconies could, but it might be tight. 

The next time we attempted to do this same plan we were adding our son late after we had already booked. We were told only certain sofas were meant for sleeping an extra guest and ours wasn't one of those. Worse, all concierge class rooms with the correct kind of sofa had been booked.  We were told we'd need to book a Sky Suite. That shot up the price. So we ended up going on a land trip instead. This situation might be unusual. I don't know how hard it is to get the special Concierge cabins with the sofa/bed.

We’ve also used the Concierge SR for 3 and it worked. Yup, the couch made up as a bed makes getting by it a bit tight, but the steward made it up in the evening and took care of it in the morning as soon as we stepped out. Whenever we brought our daughter, we’d go with Concierge for the bit of extra room. You can even let them know when you want it made up if you don’t want it done till late. 

On our first cruise with her right after she started college, she told me to just let her know when we wanted to room ‘to ourselves’ and she’d stay out that evening late. Unfortunately, she forgot to mention that she’d be sleeping in and boy did she ‘sleep in’!! On our next cruise with her a few years later, she was back to what I’d call human hrs.

It all worked out fine for us and didn’t have to pay the Suite costs. 

Den 

You can fold the sofa bed up yourself to get a bit of extra space in the morning.  (Make sure the teenager has got up first!).  When we have someone on the sofa we just fold it up as is and the steward will unfold it to remake it.

We always travel with our daughter. We had a concierage room once when we took advantage of price drop after final payment. Never again. We much prefer a quad veranda on the slant.  The balcony is larger and she prefers the pull down bed over the sofa bed. That way we can move around easy if she is still sleeping. Usually we only have a 3rd balcony chair on S class ships for some reason though. 

OP, your post does not mention the ship or the time when your cruise was booked. 

This could be a factor, for example, if your booking involves a Concierge Class cabin on a recently revolutionized M Class ship.

We were booked on a C1 Class cabin on Millenium and the number of cabins allowing 3 people was significantly reduced as a result of the ship’s new configuration. Our cabin could no longer accommodate 3 people, so we had to negotiate an alternative solution with X.

In short, if you’re on a M Class ship recently refurbished, I would suggest confirming with X, the capacity of your Concierge Class cabin.

Enjoy your cruise! 

Thank you to all of your replies it's really appreciated and take on board (no pun intended) all the comments and recommendations.

cachouonacruise: we will be sailing on the Silhouette in a C3 Stateroom, I did check the deck plans before booking and it did state on the room that we booked that it could accommodate 3/4 persons with a sofa/trundle bed.