“Live From:” Z and TB’s Magical Mystery Tour of the British Isles

Zqueeze1

11 hours ago, GOARMY said:

Zqeeze1:  

Please pass on our best regards to Ray Solaire.   We have cruised with him several times, most-recently aboard Navigator, June, 2018 for a Panama Canal crossing (L.A. to NYC).  We had the opportunity to have dinner with him.   He told "real" stories of his family--and how he wound up in the cruise line business that had me, literally, falling out of my chair in laughter.  I encouraged him to use this stuff, true or not, in a stage routine, or to segue' between songs.  

We are Jim and Sue--from Redmond, WA.  

GOARMY!

Will take care of ASAP!

Z

16 hours ago, boblerm said:

😧😵😨😲

Are you not concerned about giving your readers nightmares????

A couple of questions-  can I assume that the hideous blue lighting in Compass Rose has been relegated to the realm of bad memories?

Are there any drawers in your suite other than in the closet? On my last trip on Voyager there were none.

Loving your report, thanks, and continue to enjoy every moment!

Bob

The blue lighting is gone so pics come out normal. 

There Is really no other space. But, we found that the new drawer layout was more than adequate for our eleven days’ worth of clothing. 

Z and TB

Have you been to a Prime 7 yet?  The tables for 2 used to be arranged not inline with windows. We were told in May they were going to change the table layout and update drapes. 

So glad the weather is better than our soggy Montreal to Miami cruise. 

RCandKC:  We are going to Prime 7 tonight and will let you know how it is. Although we have had lots of sunshine, it gets pretty cool in the shade or when the wind kicks up. However, I cannot complain because it is way too nice outside. 

Z and TB

13 hours ago, forgap said:

I call it “loaded diaper”.

Nonsense !!  It is "camoflage"  designed to mask anything, anywhere on the carpet, at any time.  And the colours are "disgusting"!!  (Probably so are the things it needs to mask)

Zqueeze1:  As I said, I am following this Thread very closely--maybe too close.  First, thanks for conveying our regards to Ray.  BTW:  he already has a "tan".  And, my wife and I picked up the "tab" for the wine.  Actually, there was no need for either party to do so, which is another reason we stick with Regent.  

GOARMY!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

RCandKC:  We are going to Prime 7 tonight and will let you know how it is. Although we have had lots of sunshine, it gets pretty cool in the shade or when the wind kicks up. However, I cannot complain because it is way too nice outside. 

Z and TB

Hi "Z" - Have you already had the Popcorn Sundae (perhaps on an earlier) cruise, yet.  I'm eagerly awaiting my first "go" at that on our upcoming October Navigator cruise. Hmmm?  I wonder what an appropriate wine pairing (or Single-Malt) would be for that Sundae?  Best Regards.

On 6/19/2019 at 5:27 PM, Travelcat2 said:

If more posters indicated that they would like more live updates, there would be more.  While we will be posting live from our Crystal cruise in September, I wasn't sure what I would have to post on our Explorer transatlantic cruise in November.  Your post gave me a reason to post live.

It has occurred to me since I'm saying I wish more people would post live updates, I'd better try to do one for my cruise in October.  🤣

• Like 1

Roberto, we love Alesandra with the bar staff crew on pool deck and then tea time and on to Sette Marie.  Blonde with hair in ponytail and shy smile.  We first met her on our Montreal to Miami (Nov) cruise and it was a reunion on the NYC to Amsterdam(May).   She was so sweet about us just learning while on cruise we were having granddaughter after 2 sons and 3 grandsons.  I would love to tell her that her name is going to be Alexandra but called Alex.  So close to her name.  If you strike up a conversation with her on your cruise please share. 

I love your posts about your experience..

RC

Edited by rcandkc
Added word

Good Morning:

We are freezing! However, we are sorprendes by sunshine even when the day is predicted to be mostly cloudy. But it’s cold. I saw a couple of seals wearing scarves and gloves.  The Boss walks around with a blanket to keep warm. It is 46F degrees this morning with an expected hi of 64. To make it worse, we will be outside looking for Nessie. 

4E2ED788-D120-4E95-9198-9CA33E1369AD.thumb.jpeg.97050b9a079841efd8d6aee0e17789b4.jpeg

Once during each cruise, I get to have a cranky day which usually occurs later on in the cruise. Well yesterday was it, although all circunstancial driven:

-TB made me wait 40 minutes to roll off the bed and hop on her broom for breakfast. 

-I waited another 20 minutes for an omelet because I asked for jalapeños and didn’t realize that the crew sent out a shore party for it. I had five minutes to eat before we had to report for our tour. 

-The tour guide had watched the Puffy Shirt episode of Seinfeld and decided to whisper all her info as we walked the Royal Mile. I thought she kept saying “hot man” to me but it turned out she really was saying “Scotland.”

-I wanted to go shopping for a kilt after the tour, but we ended up at the Queen’s Palace. To make it worse, my tour headset sucked and I’m too stubborn to get it changed so I sulked throughout the tour. 

A2AB5F11-93A2-488B-A200-A5470F6D6E2D.thumb.jpeg.dcf845a9778bbbccac110b77279e5180.jpeg

Karma balanced things out for me as I sat at the pool bar for a couple of hours talking to all that braved the chilly weather. 

This included a hilarious couple who are onboard for 77 days followed by another 30 days at the Betty Ford clinic.

We had the Block Party last night and had a great time meeting our neighbors to include the charming husband of the jewelry designer Pam will be modeling for 

Dinner was at Prime 7 where we had the always excellent crab cakes

2C232032-EE1B-4619-B3BC-09F8CAC74FE5.thumb.jpeg.664780dd71f2672d6eb16fcb5489f0c1.jpeg

And Pittsburgh style NY strip steaks. 

569FE904-3A39-498B-9079-24144C8D8E96.thumb.jpeg.5f8142c91b6c1887561d59bf3b6de5d7.jpeg

No dessert or show.  The new decor in Prime 7 is lighter and brighter. It makes the space look more expansive and the tables are lined up with the windows.  

37BC0A68-96C8-4BCF-93FB-EDE81A584652.thumb.jpeg.23a4d31b41783541f5fbd178b4141979.jpeg

After dinner, we skipped the show and went early to bed while the sun was up. 

BTW, the internet is the worst I have ever experienced at sea. It constantly drops and takes forever to post pics. If it were any better, I would love to post more pics. 

Z and TB

13 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Just maybe she'll be wearing something she'll like----then ask you how you, doesn't this look great on me😍 what will you say.  After that it's to late, better check your OBC🤗

She already blew our OBC buying a dress to go with the jewelry she will be modeling. No fancy wine this time. 

Z and TB

9 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

Hi "Z" - Have you already had the Popcorn Sundae (perhaps on an earlier) cruise, yet.  I'm eagerly awaiting my first "go" at that on our upcoming October Navigator cruise. Hmmm?  I wonder what an appropriate wine pairing (or Single-Malt) would be for that Sundae?  Best Regards.

Wow. Tough question. Believe it or not, I’m not a big dessert person. Pam has the sweet tooth in the family. However, we will make a sacrifice and see if we can try it out. As far as pairing it, why not a little port to complement the sweetness? (Note to self: don’t let them know you have no idea what you are taking about). 

Z and TB

7 hours ago, rcandkc said:

Roberto, we love Alesandra with the bar staff crew on pool deck and then tea time and on to Sette Marie.  Blonde with hair in ponytail and shy smile.  We first met her on our Montreal to Miami (Nov) cruise and it was a reunion on the NYC to Amsterdam(May).   She was so sweet about us just learning while on cruise we were having granddaughter after 2 sons and 3 grandsons.  I would love to tell her that her name is going to be Alexandra but called Alex.  So close to her name.  If you strike up a conversation with her on your cruise please share. 

I love your posts about your experience..

RC

She is onboard and I will share the news with her. She is really shy and pretty quiet. 

Z and TB

Z and TB really enjoying your cruise live thread. I am glad you have had some sunshine yesterday in Edinburgh and here today in Highlands. Hope it’s not as chilly up in Invergordon.

The new Navigator looks great, really fresh and smart.  Keep your eye open today for Nessie 🦖🐲.

Have a great day,  Jean

I'm smart. Not like everybody says, like dumb. I'm smartand I want respect!“ the Godfather Part II

i spent half an hour downloading a compression program so I can reduce the size of pics to shorten loading time. Well, it doesn’t work.

Z and TB 

4 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

i spent half an hour downloading a compression program so I can reduce the size of pics to shorten loading time. Well, it doesn’t work.

I have successfully used the App "Image Size" on cruises where the internet has been iffy.

I also find that uploading images through TapaTalk appears to be marginally more successful than uploading direct to the CC site (TapaTalk also has the facility to resize while uploading)

Glad to hear that your cruise is going well and that the weather is generally behaving itself  🌤️

Wow! Everything is looking good.  Try the Ribeye on the bone Pittsburgh style, unbelievable in a good way.  I just wish they could make a baked potato to enjoy with the steak.  And maybe a little bigger potato would be nice.  PS😂after that broom comment I think you'll be buying some jewelry sooner than you think.  Thanks again, I am enjoying going along with you guy's, hope to meet someday on a cruise.  Oh, we live a few miles from the Betty Ford Center😎, maybe we can get you a discount after the cruise meet you for dinner. (Ops, called them and NO mini bar😄).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Z, thank you for doing this thread it is a lot of fun. On a more serious note (sorry!) we will be on the British

Isles cruise in the fall, if you are on or hear about particular excursions that are awesome or terrible, I would appreciate you sharing those as we have time to change our choices. Thanks again, safe and happy cruising!

• Like 1