“Live From:” Z and TB’s Magical Mystery Tour of the British Isles

Zqueeze1

Good Morning:

Yesterday was a relaxing sea day highlighted by a lecture, a fashion show, and man down. 

Terry Brennan continues to entertain while informing us about the history of the Scottish Royals. His lectures are packed in anticipation of his great dialogue presented in an informal style.  

At 1400 we met in the Star Lounge for the fashion show. The Boss was one of the recruited models and I was volunteered to help in changing jewelry between “runs.”  

A347DB9C-8DF3-4C38-87EB-D75AEF55E2A7.thumb.jpeg.1381dfbf0ba6f891066bf9cd4eb0f557.jpeg

Talk about stress; these ladies had me unclasping necklaces and bracelets with my alligator arms and lobster hands. I thought I would break from the pressure and immediately retired from a possible career as a runway model assistant. 

4CD28DE9-CD84-4110-96DE-AF97EC912B7A.thumb.jpeg.9ba4d63ddc23d3f084f3e5e8a8e6d154.jpeg

Afterward, I went to my poolside social gathering to settle back and have a couple of wines. As always, I met with great couples for conversation and to swap war stories. However, The Boss showed up and said she was going in for a nap. PWhen I returned to the cabin, she was greener than the Geico gecko and told me she was seasick and not well. We cancelled our dinner plans and spent the evening watching movies.  She is all better now and ready for a day in town. Please keep in mind that as we came over the top of Scotland and turned into a southerly direction, we could feel some motion which I guess was enough to put TB down for the count. 

We also had an incident in which an older lady was seen holding an ice pack to her head near the pool bar. I cannot confirm nor deny that she paid the price for getting too close to my favorite bar stool (thanks, Bill and Deb, for the story and punchline). 

The view from from my bar stool:

90CEC672-1700-4848-B321-CCD01F073489.thumb.jpeg.786f900b2ca09775ade951c2ae5f0232.jpeg

Those that know me well know that I am known for having a couple of glasses of wine while on board. Although I am not a wine expert I know that I prefer the bolder wines such as a Brunello or Rioja. My wine of choice during this cruise is Oristan from Spain and is a blend of Tempranillo, Shiraz, and Cabernet. Not a great wine, but one of the ones more suited to my taste. 

43DE6089-5E28-4D58-9568-81A60279C715.thumb.jpeg.79398124b00cbff169f5eae93ee5bb32.jpeg

Today:  walking around Glasgow on our own. 

Z and TB

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

"Z" - A burning question on everyone's mind....Okay, at least mine!  Since you're on the first Navigator cruise after her refurb....Have you noticed any recurrence of the dreaded "brown water" since you've been on board?  Inquiring minds want to know??  Tks. 

As far as I know, no one has experienced any brown water issues. Apparently, quite a bit of water pipes were replaced during the refurb. 

4 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Those that know me well know that I am known for having a couple of glasses of wine while on board. Although I am not a wine expert I know that I prefer the bolder wines such as a Brunello or Rioja. My wine of choice during this cruise is Oristan from Spain and is a blend of Tempranillo, Shiraz, and Cabernet. Not a great wine, but one of the ones more suited to my taste. 

Who is the Head Sommelier on your cruise?

6 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

As far as I know, no one has experienced any brown water issues. Apparently, quite a bit of water pipes were replaced during the refurb. 

Many thanks, "Z",  I know many of us are sure going to miss it!  (NOT)  That was an extra little "perk", with no extra cost. 🙄

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

The view from from my bar stool:

90CEC672-1700-4848-B321-CCD01F073489.thumb.jpeg.786f900b2ca09775ade951c2ae5f0232.jpeg

I see 'my' sunbed. lol

Now I can get on the forum to comment. Thank you for your wonderful live trippie and I'm glad you are enjoying your British Isles cruise.

I love the country I was born and bred in. It is a great place to call home.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 9:23 PM, pingpong1 said:

Hi "Z" - Have you already had the Popcorn Sundae (perhaps on an earlier) cruise, yet.  I'm eagerly awaiting my first "go" at that on our upcoming October Navigator cruise. Hmmm?  I wonder what an appropriate wine pairing (or Single-Malt) would be for that Sundae?  Best Regards.

This is a very decadent and sweet dessert.  You gotta have a big sweet tooth.  

Z and TB

2 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

This is a very decadent and sweet dessert.  You gotta have a big sweet tooth.  

Z and TB

Oh!.... So you've MET my wife!!??  On special occasions, and with friends over to our house for dinner, we've actually made these popcorn sundaes for our guests a number of times to serve for desert (with the chocolate and caramel sauce, popcorn, ice cream, etc).  Some of our friends joke that they want to go "straight to desert" and skip the salad and entree. The "first go" I was talking about in my post was having one on Regent, and in Prime 7, for the first time.  Haven't done that yet. 😃  For us, it's just being on Regent at all, no to mention eating in Prime 7, that's "decadent"!

Good Morning:

It is another great day as we head to Holyhead, Wales. The high today will be 68F/30C with a chance of showers. 

Yesterday was just great.  We did a tour called “Glasgow on your Own”  which gave us four hours to explore the town. It is a beautiful and vibrant city with very impressive architecture. 

E644F9EB-37DA-40D2-971A-2BF3830025C1.thumb.jpeg.464bc79b3dcdf2f84c5420a187acf8b1.jpeg

We actually did the tourist thing and focused on getting presents for the family to include woolen/cashmere scarves, tartan ties, and other items. The Boss decided that she wanted a stuffed wooly cow as a memento (she is not five years old) and immediately named it Shamus. 

I got some smaller bottles of scotch (olé).  

9099F4DF-0BCF-467E-B73D-9413E5F21035.thumb.jpeg.fcec4e1f349e7bb7beff11611fb6b25f.jpeg

We had lunch with two other cruise couples at a pub called Waxy O’Connor’s  and a couple of excellent local red beers. 

6D88B98E-BA2A-46FF-96C8-02BD63FC96FC.thumb.jpeg.e7db5caf655263aedc7a0f176fd468e3.jpeg

Rant time:  pubs don’t open until noon  in Glasgow. What’s up with that?  Can’t a Newyorican get a pint before noon while on vacation?  I almost called the mayor to complain, but didn’t want to jack up my roaming charges. 

B547AD20-EB83-463A-A050-0D3C3B72D202.thumb.jpeg.3cabb92bc0b2ab4af55a2e2dd8a920ab.jpeg

We received a surprise dinner reservation for 2030 at Prime7. That’s almost breakfast for me. However, we went and were seated at 2000. We had a great window seat and enjoyed a great dinner that included crab cakes, American onion soup, and we split an 18 ounce steak and king crab legs. 

3CF6E34E-C260-4863-BED3-64B3B524DD0C.thumb.jpeg.2638b59800c2c249bdae9e14b577972d.jpeg

CDF7B88F-D38B-490C-8BEC-CD6C60B9EBEC.thumb.jpeg.4574f965032c11bd5ab8eb5aa92b09ce.jpeg

EF37103B-02B5-46A6-A087-175789DBB1CB.thumb.jpeg.4ab9f57e8c885783f444ede677357214.jpeg

In the interest of science, we ordered the 14 layer cake and the caramel popcorn sundae. The cake is one of my favorites and it didn’t disappoint. The sundae is delicious, but it is a little too sweet for my taste and very dense.  

A88D9CD3-CF1D-4740-B403-4C9A797DB1B9.thumb.jpeg.d0875ce2a11deebfcab2077c693e1ed4.jpeg

F7144198-57F1-4691-93B5-8C6A6F7F6BB2.thumb.jpeg.1e024654dc4d1a8dbf0bb38fee12cd20.jpeg

We went to the show and then headed to our cabin where found Shamus already on the bed. 

AF26656A-E2E8-4E94-878E-4CA9ECE0C2AE.thumb.jpeg.a6474d177df53bdd7f1b14fceb383c7c.jpeg

Z and TB

98237D41-ADCC-4B89-8932-0DDF0C363D18.jpeg

Although I haven't commented recently, we're enjoying your travels very much!

Thanks again for taking the time to take us all along!

Questions....Did TB get to choose a bauble after the modeling gig?

Best bar?( if one suits you more than an another.....dumb question, figuring if

they're serving alcohol, it's the best bar.....giggle!)

Any experience with margaritas on this trip?

carry on.....!

5 hours ago, Mudhen said:

Although I haven't commented recently, we're enjoying your travels very much!

Thanks again for taking the time to take us all along!

Questions....Did TB get to choose a bauble after the modeling gig?

Best bar?( if one suits you more than an another.....dumb question, figuring if

they're serving alcohol, it's the best bar.....giggle!)

Any experience with margaritas on this trip?

carry on.....!

No baubles. But, rumor has it that she will get a discount from the designer if she purchases something. 

I tend to hang out at the pool bar in the afternoon since the weather is cooperating and at galileo’s before dinner. Too bad there is nothing onboard like the Mariner bar which is my favorite. 

I’ve only had two and both were made excellently by Elvis at the afternoon poolside society meeting. You would have approved them. 

Z and TB

1 hour ago, Hambagahle said:

Ooops!   68F is 20C  not 30C  !!    30C is 86F  - a whole different ballgame as you Americans say!

Gerry

Hammie: mea culpa. I made the calculation in Spanish in my head then translated it into English to write it down. Lost in translation. 

Z and TB. 

No need for a mea culpa BUT please send some of that 20° temperature our way.   Current temps here in Switzerland are in the 30's (on my terrace was 33.4° today) and going UP.   "They" (whoever they are...) say we should expect 38° here in the Valais by Friday.    I would love some of your cooler air!!

7 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

I forgot to mention earlier that Donald just arrived as the new Food and Beverage head. 

Jackie and Dennis:  Frank Galcy says hello. 

Z and TB

Please tell Franck that we miss him and hope that he'll be on Splendor next year.  Also, one more favor (I know, I'll owe you for this:-)..... we adore Donald - please send hugs from Dennis and Jackie.🙏  As an aside, Donald was a mentor for Daniella (F&B) so that gives you an idea of how great he is (he likely trained Regent's next GM).  He also makes the best Greek salad that I've ever tasted when it is available during lunch outside by the Pool Grill.  

Thanks so much - really enjoying this thread and TB looks fabulous in the jewelry.  

Shamus is cute.  I almost bought a stuffed cow when we were in Scotland last month, but George already makes fun of my stuffed cat and stuffed panda bear.  So I refrained. 

Sorry TB got sea sick.  It was probably due to the stress of modeling.