Flying to FLL - Sailing from MIA

LuckyCop

Hello!

I have been browsing for a link that shows recommendations for hotels in MIA, as well as transportation from FLL to  MIA.  A hotel that offers a Fly and Cruise type package would be great. Likely can’t Uber Bc my mom uses a motorized wheelchair. 

Thank you!! 

Welcome to the boards!

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info. If you want to stay in Miami it is a 30-45+ minute ride. Check with Go Airport Shuttles, SAS, QLS,& MIA shuttles for transportation - I have seen wheelchair compatible taxis at the airport but have no idea how to schedule one. Might be easier to stay close to FLL and then shuttle to the port the next day.

if you prefer to stay close to POM in downtown Miami, check the Intercontinental, Doubletree, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, and various Marriott properties. None will include a shuttle to the port so you will need to figure out transport for the 10 minute ride from downtown to the port. Call the hotel to see if the can suggest or arrange for a local provider they trust.

On 6/15/2019 at 9:57 AM, LuckyCop said:

Hello!

I have been browsing for a link that shows recommendations for hotels in MIA, as well as transportation from FLL to  MIA.  A hotel that offers a Fly and Cruise type package would be great. Likely can’t Uber Bc my mom uses a motorized wheelchair. 

Thank you!! 

Check the accessible forum on cruise critic.   Someone said that in the U.S. you can use an accessible taxi for the same rate as a regular taxi (laws that protect handicap people).    You tell the dispatch person at the airport you need an accessible cab and they will get you one for the same price as a regular taxi.   Your Mom can drive her scooter into the taxi.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mexico8 said:

Check the accessible forum on cruise critic.   Someone said that in the U.S. you can use an accessible taxi for the same rate as a regular taxi (laws that protect handicap people).    You tell the dispatch person at the airport you need an accessible cab and they will get you one for the same price as a regular taxi.   Your Mom can drive her scooter into the taxi.

13 hours ago, mexico8 said:

This is correct. There is a bunch of taxi companies that offer wheelchair accessible at no extra charge.  Personally, I'd call yellow cab ahead of your arrival just to confirm. 

This is the number you would call: 954-565-2800

• Thanks 1