Scooter in Celebrity Ce Bed by Bath

Mr&MrsBee

I am very sorry I bothered you.  I was only trying to find out where the scooter  can be parked.  I wanted some specifics for the specific type cabin.   Essieman gave some very photos.  Cruseforme have you had any experience with a scooter?

Actually yes, DH has been using a pride for the last 6 or so cruises this year.   Per our recollection, you will be able to get the scooter in the door, however, if the bed is right there, you will need to climb over the bed.   It is against regulations to store a scooter outside the cabin, so your best bet, if no other configuration is available, is to ask the special needs desk, or onboard, if they can store it for you.   

Thank you very much for your response.  It sounds like I can leave the scooter inside the cabin in the small lhallway by the bath as that is what I was referring to.  Did you have any problem charging?  Again.  Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Please either get an accessible room or work with Celebrity to arrange what to do.

Our last cruise, I was in a manual wheelchair.  I skipped the scooter because we could not get an accessible room, and Celebrity states that the scooter user should put the scooter in the room at night. I was non-weight-bearing on my left leg due to surgery, so I had to either use the WC or crutches.

The passenger next to use had a rental scooter.  Not an accessible room.  He repeatedly left his scooter in the hallway, and there was not enough room for me to get through in my wheelchair when he did that.  We had to go to guest services for assistance more than once.

They eventually had the scooter park by the elevator at night, not the hallway.

Please report all the facts. Ship? Type of cabin?  CC, veranda, Oceanview.  Bed by bath or balcony?  All factors determine size of cabin.

Edited by Mr&MrsBee
Need to add additional info

1 hour ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

Please report all the facts. Ship? Type of cabin?  CC, veranda, Oceanview.  Bed by bath or balcony?  All factors determine size of cabin.

As per her signature, last cruise was on Silhouette in Feb. 2019

On 6/15/2019 at 1:37 PM, Mr&MrsBee said:

Thank you very much for your response.  It sounds like I can leave the scooter inside the cabin in the small lhallway by the bath as that is what I was referring to.  Did you have any problem charging?  Again.  Thank you

Certainly you can leave the scooter in the little hallway.  But the bathroom door opens outward, so if the scooter is there, you won't be able to open the bathroom door wide enough to go in or out.  EM 

EM:  Thank you for your responses.  I liked your previous pictures of the inside cabins.  Do you think I can park the scooter closer to the bed to allow for the bathroom door to open?    I am not totally disabled and can use a rollator to go short distances.  I sorry to ask so many questions but want to have an enjoyable cruise.  Again thank you for your help.  Larry

Edited by Mr&MrsBee
need better explanation

At the raate you are going, you will have an enjoyable cruise when you are out of your cabin.  Inside the cabin it will be continual frustration - moving the scooter every time you want to get to the closet, or the bathroom...Does using the rollator to go short distances include moving about inside the cabin?  You keep asking if this is doable, and we keep telling you no...In the end it is up to you.  EM

EM: Thanks again.  I do not need rollator in the cabin.  Guess I will bite the bullet and have the steward take the scooter away nightly and charge it if that is possible.  Again thank you.  Larry

Sorry, I have been swamped.   Yes, I was on Silhouette in February.   I was in a C2, bed by bath.    I was in one of the rooms with a slanted balcony.  I could not fit the wheelchair through the doorway, even though it is a fairly narrow wheelchair.    We had to partly fold my WC to get it through the doorway and through the area between the bed and the wall.  My neighbor had the bed by the balcony, but his rental scooter didn’t fit through his doorway.    I did a lot of hopping on that cruise.  

Thank you for your response.  We have a C2 on the slant.  Scooter is 20 wide door is 23 in.  Will be tight.  On a waitlist for accessible cabin.  Only need scooter for long trips.  Can manage in cabin without it.  I don't understand it as scooter people and Captain Club people have both said scooter will fit thru door.  Guess I will find out in Dec.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 2:05 PM, Algebralovr said:

Sorry, I have been swamped.   Yes, I was on Silhouette in February.   I was in a C2, bed by bath.    I was in one of the rooms with a slanted balcony.  I could not fit the wheelchair through the doorway, even though it is a fairly narrow wheelchair.    We had to partly fold my WC to get it through the doorway and through the area between the bed and the wall.  My neighbor had the bed by the balcony, but his rental scooter didn’t fit through his doorway.    I did a lot of hopping on that cruise.  

On the infinity the ocean  view cabins are at the front of the ship toward the end of the hallway that gets longer each day!  There are mixed rooms but most are handicapped on the very end.  I had a rollator and found a scooter parked outside on one of the first rooms, non handicapped.  I had to partially fold my rollator the first time I went thru but figured it was just a short stop.  When we ventured back for the second time the cabin steward kept telling me it would fit he moved the scooter over three times and insisted I could get through.  I gave him the rollator and told him to try it!   He couldn’t make it fit!  Later that evening I saw the scooter parked near the elevators charging.  I never saw the scooter in the hall again!  So much easier than guest relations as we had someone who knew it couldn’t stay there! 

On the grandeur of the seas the doors are not as wide as later ships and the turn from the hall, with a narrow scooter were still tough.  I used to leave the scooter in a short hall if I was going to be back in less than 5 minutes.  I knew there was another scooter down the hall!  This short hall was not required to get anywhere but I still didn’t want to leave it too long.   What’s hardest on that ship is changing direction quickly enough to catch the elevator that just dinged!  But we did amaze 1 guy in the elevator that we could get 3 scooters in it.  One large one medium and my folding.  We were at angles and they were all owned scooters so we knew how to maneuver them! And yes they needed to be that way to get them in!