Gloucester, Massachesetts Tours

Traveler1524

I'm looking for suggestions of what to do while in Gloucester. I will be in port September 30. I am not interested in whale watching tours. I was considering the 'Gloucester, Beauport Mansion & Rockport' tour with Holland America, but these tours are usually very large. Any suggestions for seeing the sights with a smaller group? Thank you

• 1 month later...

The Hammond Castle and Museum may be interesting for you.  Also, the Cape Ann Museum has new exhibit of Winston Homer paintings.  You can check out the Crows Nest bar.....The Perfect Storm was filmed in Gloucester and lots of photos from the movie, and the crew of the Andrea Gale that was lost at sea.   The Rocky Neck Art Colony...lots of artisans and shops.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just in Gloucester this weekend.  Hammond Castle is nice, there is a very nice Stage Fort Park with a lovely walk all around the harbor.  Once you get into mid town, there are some shops and restaurants downtown.  I like the Gloucester House and in particular their outdoor "Shack"  it's right on the water and my husband and I ( and our dog ) spent a couple hours on the patio eating lobster. drinking beer and watching the fishing ships come in .  ( OK - dog ate a hotdog - not a lobster).