Princess Wilderness Rail Tour June 15, 2019 (Whittier to Anchorage)

PandaBear62

1 hour ago, PandaBear62 said:

Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge

this is what you can order to take on Denali tour. 

37F8A1C9-F3C5-442E-A87C-D213D7C295F4.jpeg

492176B7-7E46-438A-AB3C-E7C73B72A85F.jpeg

Thanks!!  I was wondering about this...….also where do you eat?  On the bus?  or is there a stop along the way?

44 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

with the snack they give you on the tour...did they also give water or is that only with the box lunch you can buy?

Water came with the lunch but the guide also had water on the bus to take as needed.

21 minutes ago, KG2019 said:

Thanks!!  I was wondering about this...….also where do you eat?  On the bus?  or is there a stop along the way?

You definitely eat on the bus. No food can be taken off at the stops. 

On 6/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, cruzrbachoua said:

did you do a connoisseur tour where the meals were included?  if you did were you able to go to whichever restaurant you wanted on the property or switch the vouchers for another restaurant.  Our itinerary lists which restaurant we are to eat at and looking at the menus we would prefer going to one of the other...so wasn't sure if you were stuck with what it said or it was more just a voucher with no restaurant name on it. 

We were allowed to eat at any of the restaurants at Mckinley Lodge.  At Denali we were allowed to use our vouchers at any of the restaurants at the Princess or Holland American Lodge.  

8 hours ago, jagoffee said:

We were allowed to eat at any of the restaurants at Mckinley Lodge.  At Denali we were allowed to use our vouchers at any of the restaurants at the Princess or Holland American Lodge.  

Great thanks so much...on our itinerary online it mentions the restaurant but hoped it was just a plain voucher and we could use it anywhere...sweet...dh and friends will be happy to hear. 

For those who were fortunate to snag Cruisetour Cash during the February "All Aboard To Denali" promotion, how was your experience in using the vouchers?  We received $150 each and understand it comes in $25 vouchers and can be spent with no change given and the vouchers can be used only on the land portion at the lodge gift shops, restaurants and guest services desks.  Did the cashiers and waiters know what they were?

8 hours ago, Formosa1 said:

$25 vouchers and can be spent with no change given and the vouchers can be used only on the land portion

glass of wine and a beer at a lodge ?

Edited by voljeep

Thank you, so much information and yet I feel so unprepared.  A question regarding luggage is there a size limitation to the suitcase that travels separately.  I can pack for the trip (land and cruise) in our large suitcase, so to bring 2 suitcases seems silly and more to handle. So I would just like to bring a suitcase for everything.

10 hours ago, KG2019 said:

Can you tell me if there are safes in the rooms at Princess Denali Wilderness Lodge?  Like on the ship?  Thanks!

No,  Front desk has safety deposit boxes available at no charge. They are accessible 24 hours a day during your stay.

Edited by land lover

10 hours ago, gremlinbangles said:

Thank you, so much information and yet I feel so unprepared.  A question regarding luggage is there a size limitation to the suitcase that travels separately.  I can pack for the trip (land and cruise) in our large suitcase, so to bring 2 suitcases seems silly and more to handle. So I would just like to bring a suitcase for everything.

There is no size limit except to what will be traveling with you on the train, for that we just used 2 backpacks. Last month we saw many LARGE suitcases outside of hotel rooms waiting for pick up. Ourselves we decided to just use carry-ons...it was easy to do it in Alaska for 12 days.

Edited by land lover

14 hours ago, land lover said:

There is no size limit except to what will be traveling with you on the train, for that we just used 2 backpacks. Last month we saw many LARGE suitcases outside of hotel rooms waiting for pick up. Ourselves we decided to just use carry-ons...it was easy to do it in Alaska for 12 days.

You are better than I am!  I cant fit 12 days in to a carry on, I cant even begin to imagine it.  I'm am struggling with packing but I got a few more hours to figure it out.