Explorer Cabin help please!!! concerns about movement..

Hello a little help please, never been on the Explorer before, but looking to book foe next year 2 cabins to get the family in. We were looking at Deck 9 quite a long way forward in cabins 9036 & 9034, they are a little higher than I usually go ( normally Deck 7 on Dream etc). But more importantly they are a lot closer to the pointy end than I usually go. Now do you get much movement on these bigger ships??? will I notice being higher and forward...... I've always gone by the rule stay in the middle bit of the ship and on a mid level deck...

Can someone please offer some advice, if they think these are ok or what are the places to avoid??

We are looking at a mid med cruise in Aug 2020, to give an idea of weather..

Any help appreciated

David

I stayed in cabin 5027 which is near the pointy end but on deck 5. I found no problems at all with ship movement, cabin was stable, comfy and free of any noise/vibration.

Thank you,

The alternative is going 8051 and 8055 which are a deck down and a little further back.

I also forgot to ask is the ship nice enough, as said I'm used to the Dream, though going on the Discovery soon. Are the Discovery and Explorer equatable??

3 hours ago, GOQ said:

I stayed in cabin 5027 which is near the pointy end but on deck 5. I found no problems at all with ship movement, cabin was stable, comfy and free of any noise/vibration.

Thanks for the info, I had booked 5027 for my next Explorer cruise and good to know it is a OK choice.

17 hours ago, The Snowman said:

Thank you,

The alternative is going 8051 and 8055 which are a deck down and a little further back.

I also forgot to ask is the ship nice enough, as said I'm used to the Dream, though going on the Discovery soon. Are the Discovery and Explorer equatable??

cabin 10162 stern balc   how can i put it the double bed is surrounded by three bulkheads one being a sliding door, the only way out if you have a weak bladder or you need a glass of water is to clamber over your partner (oops) this is family room with pull down bunks for the kid,s other wise great views from the stern.

remember its not the ships that pass in the night

it,s the nights passed on the ship

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on the Explorer on the Transatlantic Homecoming, from Barbados across the Atlantic, and finishing up in Newcastle 21 days later. We were in 8012, and experienced no motion problems there. However we did experience a little noise late afternoon from the show cast practicing in Broadway.

We also have just come off Explorer and the Midnight sun cruise, we were in 9092 and experienced no motion or noise problems in that cabin

We were on Explorer last year, large balcony cabin 10117.  Great spot, no movement or noise. Personal choice but I wouldn't bother with a large balcony again as the extra balcony space seems to be taken off the cabin. Would rather have more space in the cabin.  Being towards the back we were just upstairs to the Market Place for breakfast, very handy!  There are plenty of water dispensers on each corridor so you can fill your water bottles.

The dining areas are bright and modern and it's good having the Italian section.

Yes, a lovely ship much newer than Dream. However, again personal choice, we preferred Discovery due to the layout of the ship.

Don't have any doubts, just book - you will have a great time

On 6/15/2019 at 7:32 PM, The Snowman said:

Hello a little help please, never been on the Explorer before, but looking to book foe next year 2 cabins to get the family in. We were looking at Deck 9 quite a long way forward in cabins 9036 & 9034, they are a little higher than I usually go ( normally Deck 7 on Dream etc). But more importantly they are a lot closer to the pointy end than I usually go. Now do you get much movement on these bigger ships??? will I notice being higher and forward...... I've always gone by the rule stay in the middle bit of the ship and on a mid level deck...

Can someone please offer some advice, if they think these are ok or what are the places to avoid??

We are looking at a mid med cruise in Aug 2020, to give an idea of weather..

Any help appreciated

David

Hi David.

we were on the Explorer last month in cabin 4242 which was the last cabin on the starboard side (Right hand side) at the rear of the ship. Motion wise there was  nothing noticeable at all,  unfortunately the noise and vibration when the ship was travelling slowly and when docking was really loud, it was mentioned that there was a mechanical problem so that may have been sorted by now.

Apart from that it is a fantastic ship with a brilliant crew and I’m sure you will love it.