Wine

khewston

Just the one 750 ml bottle per adult, same as a "regular" sailing.

ETA Disclaimer: At least that is the official rule.  I have never been on a Journeys Cruise, so I don't know if some kind of unofficial exception is ever made on this rule.  I have never heard of it being done, but maybe someone else has anecdotal evidence otherwise.

Edited by ShakyBeef

1 hour ago, Mrgoodbar said:

I thought you could bring more than 2 but had to pay a corkage fee.  Did they change that rule?

Have not changed the rule since i started in 2007. Always been one per adult no matter the length. I have only done 3 for 14 days .

2 hours ago, Mrgoodbar said:

I thought you could bring more than 2 but had to pay a corkage fee.  Did they change that rule?

Been cruising with them since 1999 and never more than one bottle. I think either Norwegian or RCCL let you pay a fee for more than one.

That's great....going on the Carnival Sunrise next September and haven't cruised on Carnival for over 15 years.  I usually cruise out of NYC on NCL and they do not allow any wine or liquor to be brought onboard unless a corkage fee is paid for wine.

Just curious, what kind of Chardonnay is served on Carnival?

Don

4 hours ago, dongordon said:

Just curious, what kind of Chardonnay is served on Carnival?

My snide answer was going to be cheap and buttery, but that is not a fair response. Here is a list of some of the wine included in a wine package Carnival offers:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/kw/Wine menu/session/L3RpbWUvMTU2MDk3MDk2MC9zaWQvZlU3ZGlVMHBKRXpqaUkxNCU3RXhxTU1obkU3Q2pDamJsZndnV0c4OHFaSFlvVHhnT0VIRGlTeGs0MHFKbVA4Q09Fd1NYZWJvSGZvQXNoNXAxNmE0YUczciU3RXE3MEg1MF96bms1eEl3SVl0V21ydmUzcW1xdmxWODVNQSUyMSUyMQ==

There are some good Chardonnay's on the menu, including La Crema. No idea what they charge per bottle, however, as that is not listed and I have not sought out wine in our previous cruises. Instead we bring and I tend to buy mixed drinks and beer.