Miami pre-cruise hotel...help me choose

kelship

Hi all. I'm paralysed with indecision. There are so many choices!

Travelling with my mother in law. Arriving in MIA around 2 pm, cruising out of Port of MIA the next day. I 'm looking for a nicer hotel, near restaurants and shopping (wine/soda), and breakfast (doesn't have to be free, just available). Ideally, i would love a sofa and balcony too. Not too worried about shuttles, I've gathered Uber is generally a great option in the area. She could care less and has told me to choose a hotel.

I'm stuck on really wanting a balcony. Anyone stayed at the Double tree Biscayne Bay? Is it near walkable restaurants?

My 2nd choice is the Hampton Inn Brickell because of the rave reviews...but no balcony. 

Which would you choose? Is there another option I should consider? 

Thanks for your thoughts

Doubletree and next door Marriott are good options with nearby dining and shopping, although not as many options as you will find near the Hampton Inn. Intercontinental hotel also offers views of the port from some rooms, but not sure about balconies. I would also focus on hotels with rooftop bars and restaurants.

4 hours ago, kelship said:

Hi all. I'm paralysed with indecision. There are so many choices!

Travelling with my mother in law. Arriving in MIA around 2 pm, cruising out of Port of MIA the next day. I 'm looking for a nicer hotel, near restaurants and shopping (wine/soda), and breakfast (doesn't have to be free, just available). Ideally, i would love a sofa and balcony too. Not too worried about shuttles, I've gathered Uber is generally a great option in the area. She could care less and has told me to choose a hotel.

I'm stuck on really wanting a balcony. Anyone stayed at the Double tree Biscayne Bay? Is it near walkable restaurants?

My 2nd choice is the Hampton Inn Brickell because of the rave reviews...but no balcony. 

Which would you choose? Is there another option I should consider? 

Thanks for your thoughts

It doesn't have a balcony for my money I always stay at the Intercontinental in Miami.  Ask for a room looking toward the port.  There's always something special about getting up in the morning, looking out your window and seeing the ship.  Arriving around 2 doesn't leave a lot of time for exploring, but you can wander up to the Bayside Market place to look around and have dinner by the water.  Also several drug stores and a Wholefoods store nearby if you need anything.

• Like 1

For a balcony I would opt for the Doubletree. There is a Publix only 2 blocks away.

The area is not as vibrant as Downtown or Brickell and fine dining is missing but you will find solid eats and panoramic views in the hotels including the Doubletree.

And if you want to venture out, you have easy access to the Biscayne Route of the FREE Miami Trolley as well as a Metromover Station at the Art Center, see map below

Map-AandE-District.jpg

Another vote for Doubletree.  Had a great view from my balcony, room was very spacious, clean, nice little mall between the Doubletree and Marriott with dining options, short cab ride to the port etc.  Unfortunately it is sold out for my next cruise so I am staying in Ft. Lauderdale and taking a shuttle to the Port of Miami for $15.

• 3 weeks later...

We have stayed at the Marriott and Holiday Inn....Both have great views of the port...and the Holiday Inn is directly across the street from Bayside Marketplace...lots of food and shops. Have a wonderful cruise!

Normally we fly to FLL and cruise out of FLL.

We will be cruising out of MIA.  I am thinking of flying the day before.  We would arrive around noon.

We are 2 senior ladies with 10 yr granddaughter.

We would probably just stay around the pool and go out to dinner.

Would like a hotel with shuttle from airport to hotel and to port with breakfast and a restaurant close by for dinner.

I’ve stayed at the Doubletree and the InterContinental....with that being said, I prefer the IC because of its walk-ability to numerous restaurants and stores. If you get a Bayview room, it’s just as good as the balcony at the Doubletree. When I did stay at the Doubletree, all the balcony seats were  old and covered with bird droppings - not a big deal but.....