Allure Live June 16-23

Disclaimer- I can’t possibly compete with the phenomenal live reviews I’ve read about Allure- but here goes.

About us- 50ish couple.Traveling with DH. I started cruising in 1987 so I’ve watched the industry change radically over the years. First time on Oasis class- been waiting patiently for years.

We arrived yesterday and stayed at Fort Lauderdale Hilton marina. It’s my favorite place pre cruise for views of the ships. Hotel itself is a bit older, but the staff makes up for it. You simply can not get better views of port Everglades than from a high tower harbor view (not marina) room. 

This year we are on the 14th floor. Even numbers face the port. I’ve been on many different floors. Anything from floor 7 and up has a fantastic view.

I set the alarm this morning so I could sit on the patio sipping coffee and watch the ships sail in. Here is allure in the basin. For me, this is the absolute perfect way to start a cruise....

59425078-460C-4E1A-AA90-77FC8F724779.jpeg

• Like 10

Little more about the Hilton Fort Lauderdale marina-

There is a water taxi stop under 17th street bridge and adjacent to the Hilton’s parking lot. Very convenient. I really like the water taxi as a way to explore fll. From here you can literally go anywhere from Hollywood in the south to north Florida and the river walk.

Yesterday we rode down to Hollywood. The water taxi stop is at Margaritaville if that is your thing. We walked up and down the boardwalk enjoying some excellent happy hour specials at the numerous choices. 

They will text you when your room is ready and we were fortunate enough to be on the balcony to watch the equinox, mariner, and Caribbean princess leave. The Caribbean princess played the love boat theme- put a smile on my face.

This is the brand new hull of the equinox that came out of drydock June 1st

59C782E4-E2FF-4878-BC74-656BC6F26C6E.jpeg

• Like 2

To wrap up my thoughts on Hilton Fort Lauderdale marina- it’s an older building but it has the absolute best views for cruise ship viewing. If you can get past some peeling paint they really do a great job taking care of Hilton honors members. Pre arrival contact asking our room preference. Text message when room was ready (2:30 pm). Decent food, lovely pool (used in previous trips), and adjacent to the water taxi. 

Uber from fll to Hilton Fort Lauderdale marina was $13. I’ve also stayed at embassy suites on 17th and while that hotel was nicer in terms of upkeep, free breakfast, and free happy hour, it just doesn’t have the views.

I should also note you MUST book a high floor tower room. What this hotel has going for it is views and anything less than a high floor tower room makes this hotel much less desirable.

We just had some rain blow by, but skies to the east look clear. Heading to the ship around 10:30.

AD4D3665-379F-4290-A2A8-DCCA654B309F.jpeg

• Like 2

Which route are you on?  If it is the one with labadee, San Juan, and St. Marteen, I would be really grateful if you posted a photo of the show schedule for the week.  We are cruising this fall with our 3 year olds, and I'm trying to figure out dinner and show plans.  We are booked for early dinner, which I just found out is at 515! So I'm considering switching to my time at 630 every day, but then am afraid I'll miss all the shows with toddler appropriate bedtimes. Thanks!

Lyft from Fort Lauderdale marina to ship was $7 plus tip. Left the hotel at 11:05 and were already eating in the windjammer by 11:30. Very streamline even though it was crazy busy in terms of people. Reminded me of my ant maze from childhood.

So far the service has been a miss in terms of beer. No one seems to know what they offer. Ordered a Guinness- server came back said they were out of Guinness light🤷‍♀️. I could have understood if the beer was for me, but dh does not need light anything lol. We ended up with a regular Guinness. Next server said they didn’t serve Guinness (even though we showed him the empty can). We ordered a ceerynada instead (told it was an ipa). We received a Sierra Nevada. Real world problems- if anyone knows a secret stash of ipa other than the pub please let us know.

Looks like the sky is going to open up again soon. 

We are on the st Martin, San Juan, Labadee Route. We have the internet package so I’ll be sure to post the schedule for you. We have my time and have 7:15 most days. That time interferes with show times only today and day 4. Today we have 6:30 (it was the earliest my time offered because rcl site is wacky). We have mama Mia tonight at 8:00.

Its an overcast day but we managed to get onboard in between showers. Service and food in windjammer was typical rcl fare. Normally we don’t do windjammer on embarkation but we were on so fast we got there before the crowd.

Current situation - rooms should open in 15 minutes. 

8EFEF3B9-2673-4E98-B9BE-7F38FE75A08F.jpeg

F4384336-E112-4123-9A50-CAC03CD2BEEA.jpeg

• Like 1

They called rooms ready at 12:45 so we headed to deck 11 where a long line of people were waiting for the door to open. No one had actually tried to open the door though :).

Room is fine- I just sailed Anthem in April and this bathroom is certainly smaller for those that it matters. I booked 45 days ago. Took a neighborhood balcony guarantee. Ended up on deck 11 close to aft with a very good view of the ocean. I’m sure we would have enjoyed a regular ocean balcony better, but this was $800 less as they were running a neighborhood balcony guarantee for $899 and an ocean view balcony was $1399. We ended up with $550 obc between rcl (150), ta (300), and myVEGAS (100). Used most of that to purchase deluxe beverage. We get one night speciality from our TA (thinking of trying 150 Central Park unless someone tells me otherwise). Also get a dinner at Johnny rockets because we were assigned a boardwalk cabin. I’m satisfied with the price paid as oasis class prices don’t move as much as others I track.

Verdict is out on the boardwalk balcony cabin. Right now the boardwalk is empty because it’s pouring. 

79DEDB57-A5EA-47B7-999B-CCC96A044B3C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Quick question - on the show schedule I posted above it says “no standby option” on all comedy shows. I haven’t noticed that before. Have I just missed it? This means that unless you precook comedy there is no option to book? They all show sold out on the app.

19 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Quick question - on the show schedule I posted above it says “no standby option” on all comedy shows. I haven’t noticed that before. Have I just missed it? This means that unless you precook comedy there is no option to book? They all show sold out on the app.

I’m interested in this as well.  I’m also confused about reservations for the comedy club.  I’m sailing on Allure in July and I’ve only been able to make a reservation once, even though I know they switch up the show.  How do I register multiple times?

• Like 1