Allure Live June 16-23

Last night was formal night. Typical cruise lobster tail. It was a nice dinner. Everyone received a small cake to celebrate royals 50th year. The kids seemed to like the sucker topper.

We saw the ice show monopoly. I loved it, but admittedly it is the first ice show I have ever seen on a cruise. Only one fall. Super talent in my book.

The headliner is Peachock- a juggler. But not any juggler, he is the guy who was a finalist on America’s Got Talent. He just signed with hbo also and he really does take juggling to a new level. Played the riff from Sweet child Of Mine with tennis balls and an organ. Who knew?

We caught a bit of Will James before dinner in Schooner. In my opinion every bit of entertainment we have seen has been top notch (with the exception of the piano sing along guy- just not our thing on this cruise). The shows themselves are worth half the price of a ticket. 

We’ve been super lazy this morning. Watched some zip lining from The balcony. Just watched a dive competition from our balcony too. Those people are also extremely talented. Ice skaters and Divers on the same ship - when I started cruising 30 years ago we could not even imagine in our wildest dreams what this ship offers.

A99EA213-12FB-489B-896A-467B1AE07AAA.jpeg

Enjoying your review.  We are boarding on Sunday so your review is really getting me ready to go!  Do you know if the juggler is the headliner next week? 

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your cruise here.

We are also on this sailing.  I have to agree that the person's health is most important, however I have to say the captain has handled terribly.  To have 5.5 days at sea stinks!!  Repeated questions have been asked of the captain and I have directly contacted RCCL about options for a day somewhere.  After the med emergency was announced, the captain rapidly announced 2 more days at sea.  As many of us investigated, there were options.  However, this captain and RCCL decided in a second that they would rather line their pockets without looking into the many options that many of us passengers looked into.  Nassau can handle 8 ships, they have 5 in port today--Saturday--including an option for a class ship for us.  Also, Coco Cay--has 2 ships there today, we could have tendered in according to 2 higher level crew members we spoke to.  And finally, there was talk of Key West, we were told by officials, that was not an option.  

Bottom line, there has been a complete lack of communication.  RCCL has decided to line their pockets and keep us on board, while we barely move through the water and we slowly tug back to FLL.  Many are completely disgusted with RCCL.  We have made the best of it.  It is a beautiful ship and the dining has been good.  We are in an Aquatheater Suite.  The suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen have been great to get away from the huge crowds.  Every time we have walked by the windjammer, there have been huge lines, I am glad we have not had to experience it on the Sea Days.  

Finally, I know there is little we can do with RCCL, but I can assure you that there will certainly be a large effort to get to the bottom of how this captain and RCCL severely put a damper on our vacation with their complete lack of effort to get us to another destination. 

I’m on the same itinerary on Allure in July.  I usually don’t even get off the ship in Labadee but found a shore excursion boat trip that takes you around the coastal areas of Haiti.  Since it appears we’ll be able to see a portion of the county, we booked it. 

Edited by sellwingri

Rockwallroses,  Tender into Coco Cay?  Have things changed?  I thought that Oasis-class ships never tender.  

Good luck with your "large effort to get to the bottom of how this captain and RCCL severely put a damper on our vacation …………"😏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mafig said:

Rockwallroses,  Tender into Coco Cay?  Have things changed?  I thought that Oasis-class ships never tender.  

Coco Cay has a pier now, so yes, things have changed.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Coco Cay has a pier now, so yes, things have changed.

The poster has stated that there are two ships there already.  That "higher level crew members" told them they could have tendered into Coco Cay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mafig said:

The poster has stated that there are two ships there already.  That "higher level crew members" told them they could have tendered into Coco Cay.

I'd be surprised.  It looks like the entry to the old bay the tenders used is blocked by an overpass now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

I would say more like 4. Add a few bottles of water, a fancy coffe and some fresh squeezed oj. With maybe one soda

Not to mention the added convenience of ordering what you want, when you want, without thinking about cost.  We don't drink soda but do drink fancy coffees and lots of bottled water, so the drink package is a no brainer for us, even with the DL happy hour.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mafig said:

Highly unlikely that any crew member, no matter their standing would suggest that an Oasis class ship could tended into Coco Cay.  As Bob noted, that may not even be possible anymore.  Sucks having two ports cancelled but realize that Royal can't just decide to stop somewhere else.  Lots to coordinate with local port authorities.

• Like 2

I can appreciate rockwallroses opinion, but we still aren’t phased one bit by the cancelled port. Five sea days on Allure and I’m certain I still won’t have seen everything.

I do agree that the lines for certain things have been unexpectedly long. I always read how oasis class handles the people well by dispersing them among the neighborhoods, but we have experienced some seriously lines. We went up to windjammer yesterday for lunch only to turn around and head to Central Park cafe due to the lines.

Another line issue has arose over the soda machines. Four in windjammer, but when windjammer is closed those are unavailable. One in wipe out has been broken all week. That leaves two at sorrento, but one of those is also broken leaving one soda machine for all passengers in the evening. Lines reach across the promenade into bow and stern area and for the love of God people, please  know your selection - it’s day seven lol. 

Big lines also for sorrento during period between lunch and dinner when windjammer is closed. Lines are to be expected with a ship this size, I think I just had unrealistic expectations based on reviews.

ok- one last gripe for today. Why doesn’t rcl (and other lines) close the theatre at the start of the show (it shortly after)?? There were people wandering in throughout the entire performance of blue planet last night. We were sitting at the booths on the very top and sure as chit people kept wandering in and standing right in front of us blocking our view. Add the multiple kids on iPads with the glare back. Seriously, the entire deck 5 was full- not a seat available- why let people in? Close it like they do for traditional dining. Ok- rant over. 

Speaking of blue planet I had very low expectations based on reviews and was pleasantly surprised. It would have been better if we were in the itinerary that shows blue planet before momma Mia- but even so a few of the scenes were impressive- the mountain trampoline- under water- and the tree!! Rcl advertisers this one correct in that it is a “visual delight”. I’m going to ask around today, but dh and I are in a debate. Are some of the singers in blue planet the same as momma Mia??

Shelley Page has been sick and not playing in bow and stern. Forced us into some other venues. We did Quest. I’ve stopped going (only so many men in bras one can see), but it was fun. The activity director did a decent job but his voice on the mic is a bit difficult to take. We saw the cruise director for the first time last night. Jazz on 4 was great for a few sets. We even partied with the young kids in the solarium until 2 am. And speaking of acting much younger than my age- I’m about to go zip lining- heaven help my knees on the landing :). 

BBAE65B2-7FAE-4B3B-BD4F-349FEDEEBA1C.jpeg

I too was under the impression that oasis class ships could not tender. 

And what about the the two ships already at coco cay. How would their vacation be ruined if an oasis class ship decided to crash the party. I can hear the complaints of lines at the slide, no loungers to be found. 

Listen what people fail to recognize is that you are on a ship at sea. Therefore things will be out if your control, the captains control, royals control. 

Just because you don't know why another stop wasnt added. Doesnt mean there isn't a good reason. Count yourself blessed that you can be on a cruise. For your health and wealth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I'd be surprised.  It looks like the entry to the old bay the tenders used is blocked by an overpass now.

I was at coco cay last month and can verify that there is now a bridge blocking the entrance to the lagoon area where tenders formally docked. In addition, I believe they were physically removing the concrete pilings for tender arrivals. For the life of me I can’t visualize how tendering is still possible at Cocoa Cay. 

Below is a shot of the bridge from the eye on the app. Deck 12 forward - point your phone at the photo on the wall and it takes you to real time view of the bridge. Fun tech.

062C5D77-C44C-41BE-9DAF-BC313D246C70.png

53 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

This was our view for much of blue planet- different people, but you get the jist. We politely asked everyone to move and most responded appropriately in that they were just unaware we were behind them- but there are always a few ...

I have reluctantly come to accept that most people are clueless about what happens around them, both walking and driving (and standing in a theater).  They are in their own little cocoon, especially when using a mobile phone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

...  For the life of me I can’t visualize how tendering is still possible at Cocoa Cay. ...

All that comes to mind is that they still have the tender boats docked somewhere on the island and they can tender to the pier now.

• Like 1

Did our “free” lunch at Johnny rockets. Service was excellent, but it took 45 minutes for 2 burgers because the kitchen was backed up. Advice for those with boardwalk balconies, don’t wait until the last sea day to use your johnny rockets. To be honest, the burgers were fair at best. Would never pay for the experience. Dh did like his Sunday.

56CC0DA7-6DC1-4C50-B17A-97F9F3EE3DAB.jpeg

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen the seas this calm for this long of a stretch of time. We are literally crawling along, barely a wake off the bow. Seas have looked like glass the last two days. The only downside is that Central Park is HOT and so is boardwalk, but Central Park was unpleasant to even walk through. I’m thankful we ate outside in Central Park earlier in the week when it was very breezy. We hope to enjoy Will in Central Park tonight before the comedian, but if it doesn’t cool down after 9 pm out there I’m not sure we will stay for his show (it was that unpleasant). Comedian tonight at 10 and then we hope to see Shelly Page one last time. We do walk off and won’t  pack until tomorrow morning. For us, it helps stretch the vacation to the very last possible minute. imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377

This is an entirely unedited photo- hard to tell where the sea stops and the sky starts.

B352F250-E0B9-4D5A-A275-FBB5CFAC5033.jpeg

Edited by BermudaBound2014