Those annoying stickers that come back from laundry service

_alan_

So, am I the only one who is struggling with the removal of laundry stickers placed in inconspicuous places on your clothes when returned from VO Laundry Service?  I thought surely they would lose their grip after 3 or more washings.  Anyone have any tips for the removal of these darned things?

20190616_112639399_iOS.jpg

Edited by flashfearless
better

24 minutes ago, flashfearless said:

So, am I the only one who is struggling with the removal of laundry stickers placed in inconspicuous places on your clothes when returned from VO Laundry Service?  I thought surely they would lose their grip after 3 or more washings.  Anyone have any tips for the removal of these darned things?

20190616_112639399_iOS.jpg

LOL😁  Yes.   Definitely a  First World problem.

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

I've given up. They were designed not to come off in the wash process, and come off they don't. Most of them don't bother me and for the most part are reminders of wonderful vacations.

Except for the two that were put on the hem of the shirts, right over the chain stitching that makes the hem (just as shown in the picture), so any attempt at removing the tag runs the risk of pulling the entire hem out this rendering the shirt entire unwearable. 

As King Cool says, first world problem.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SrCruizer said:

I avoid the problem by doing my own laundry. I have met some very nice people there😀

No way! I'm on vacation. I'll take the undies to the self-serve but the rest goes to the laundry where someone else can do the ironing.

• Like 1

I still have many from our "free" laundry on the World Cruise.  As Peregrina said  I love seeing the reminder of a wonderful journey and 120+ days of NO laundry, bed making, bathroom cleaning, cooking !  I will take the annoying laundry stickers anytime!!!

• Like 1

Use fingernails and a bit of muscle on tougher fabrics. Maybe talk to your local dry cleaner for suggestions regarding removal from more delicate fabrics.  We still find the odd one lurking from a Windstar cruise 3 years ago - raises a smile and fond memories every time! 

We did the laundry tour on our last Viking cruise.  I seem to remember them saying that if you run a warm iron over the stickers, it will soften the 'glue' so you can peel them off while it's still warm.

By the way, I would highly recommend the laundry tour when available.  It was fascinating to see the small space in which they work, and the various processes and procedures.  It wasn't widely advertised, but we asked at Guest Services.

Edited by Jammy Bun
typo

Concur with Jammy Bun.  Staff of 10 runs the ALL the laundry and dry cleaning service for pax and crew to include performer costumes.  Amazing processes to insure sanitation of all items, health of all.  The ships linen "closet" alone is worth the tour,    

In 4 months they never lost even a sock...misplaced for a couple of days but also surfaced!!!  It was such a luxury to have everything so neatly folded or hung!

• Like 1

My wife liked to give me crap for basically only packing for four days of clothes and recycling them through the on board laundry multiple times.  Including the shorts. 😉

1 hour ago, flashfearless said:

My wife liked to give me crap for basically only packing for four days of clothes and recycling them through the on board laundry multiple times.  Including the shorts. 😉

That's how we both travel these days. We don't take more than we can manage without assistance. What we save on shopping because there is no way of getting it home pays our laundry bill.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2019 at 8:59 AM, flashfearless said:

@flashfearless, have you tried freezing the shirt for a couple of hours or over night?  Sometimes that helps when removing stuck on things. 

The internet also recommends soaking and rubbing in warm vinegar and then a stain treater before washing again. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...