Shore Excursion Sale

charlielinda

1 hour ago, mikkelhansen said:

And so it resumes... Once again I have an unannounced/unpromoted sale in my Cruise Planner for our December 1, 2019 Edge sailing. This time the discount varies from excursion to excursion.

Eg. the Inside Access Backstage Tour has a 5% discount, while some excursions have 20-25% discount.

As always, spa treatments and specialty dining are not discounted.

This is the third time within 3½ months I have had a CP sale for our cruise. They really want us to go on excursions when in port, I suppose???

Thanks so much for posting this... I was able to get a nice refund on an excursion that was previously booked and paid for 🙂

• 1 month later...

And here we go again.... FOURTH sale for our December 1, 2019 Edge sailing within two months, this time with some VERY high discounts, up around 45-50% for some excursions, and others around 10-20%! Celebrity must be getting very desperate selling the last spots on those excursions. Our April 2021 Apex cruise has standard prices for all excursions that have been put for sale thus far out.

An example is the "San Juan Evening Drive", which is normally $34,00pp, but currently down to $19,13pp, a 43% discount.

Likewise, the "Maho Airplane Experience" is normally $54,00pp, but currently down to $27,57pp, a 49% discount!

The "Inside Access Behind-the-Scenes Ship Tour" is down from $99,00pp to $75,24pp, a 24% discount.

Strangely, other excursions also appear to be "on sale", but have changed their standard price upwards. Our post-cruise Everglades tour used to be $59,00pp standard price, but the sale price is now $61,95pp with a standard price of $79,00pp. So don't just book any excursion because it has an "odd" cent amount.

A little tip to find the excursion's standard price: If you don't know the standard price of a certain excursion, try copying the full title of the excursion from your CP, and paste it in Google Search followed by royal caribbean, eg. "San Juan Evening Drive royal caribbean".

Choose the result with the excursion title followed by a four-digit/letter code (should be one of the very first results). This will lead you to RC's own website with the excursions description and the standard price to the left (or rarely just below the excursion title).

excursion.png.c2e7fbb4e0d64040492164be4012649d.png

This seems to work for almost all excursions, as RC and Celebrity share the same excursions offers and excursion codes. If you want to make completely sure you're looking at the same excursion, the four-digit/letter code will be at the end of Celebrity's excursion description as well.

excursion2.png.b04d8748a6f2a210492b000402e36ed4.png

All dining and beverage packages are full price, likewise with spa treatments.

REMEMBER - if you have an excursion in your CP that you already booked at full or a higher price than the current price, you can cancel your existing excursion reservation, get refunded the paid amount and re-book it at the sale price!

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 1

So this is odd.  I didn't think the upgrade to "drinks and more" was on sale, because I saw the price at $21 per day, which is what I thought it was before.  But it had the 10% sale banner, so I clicked.  The description said, "Now $21 per day, was $19 per day."  That's a 10% increase, not decrease  🙂  I'd like to think they've reversed the numbers!  Adding it to my cart comes up at $21 per day, though.  Worth a phone call if you want to book it.

Pricing is always so interesting. I had booked a few excursions on the last “25% off Sale”. Today’s prices were “15% off”, yet, some were LESS than the previous sale prices and some were not. Go figure. It pays to check all your prices and check them again. I saved about $60 today.

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

None of mine are on sale yet. 😞 I'll keep watching.

Just to be sure, there are no 'sale!' signs on the page, they just reduced the prices.

I though ours were not on sale but as it turned out, it was just the first 2 that had not been reduced, the others were well below the previous price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

Just to be sure, there are no 'sale!' signs on the page, they just reduced the prices.

I though ours were not on sale but as it turned out, it was just the first 2 that had not been reduced, the others were well below the previous price.

Gotcha. Mine is still the same price (I just checked my initial receipt.) Oh well. I’m still holding our hope for a Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday sale.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

None of mine are on sale yet. 😞 I'll keep watching.

None of mine are on sale either.

I did receive the email though. And the stateroom credit quoted on the email was wrong. 

There is also no sale banner on the website. Strange. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mark_T said:

I got the email this morning and 5 out of 7 of the excursions we had booked were now cheaper.

How do you find out if they are cheaper?  When I look at the website, if I've already booked an excursion it shows the price I booked at rather than the sale price.

5 hours ago, ericosmith said:

How do you find out if they are cheaper?  When I look at the website, if I've already booked an excursion it shows the price I booked at rather than the sale price.

If you are on the page where you have the 'add to cart' button for each excursion, it will show if you have already booked it, but the price it displays there will be the sale price, if it is on sale.

Just compare the prices on that screen with your receipt (as WrittenOnYourHeart suggested) to see if there is a difference.

For me, 2 of them were the same, but 5 were cheaper, so do check them all.

I have been watching a few excursions for an upcoming cruise for my Dad and then one 6 weeks later for ourselves.  Dad had two excursions that he was interested in.  One didn't have anything to say it was on sale but it had dropped price by $30.  He was quite happy with that.  As it is also his first time on a cruise he is thinking about going on the tour through the ship including the bridge.  That one has also dropped in price.

I booked three excursions at the last sale.

I went and checked all of the prices.  One was the same as the last sale.  The next was actually more expensive than the last sale.  And one was cheaper than the last sale.  So I rebooked that one.

All excursions for our December 1 Edge sailing were back up to standard price Monday and Tuesday, but I now again have discount prices on almost all excursions. Not as hefty discounts as last week (which for me were up to ~45-50% off), but still around 25% off on many excursions at the moment.

Might be worth checking your Cruise Planner, if you have a sailing within the next 3-5 months.

2 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

All excursions for our December 1 Edge sailing were back up to standard price Monday and Tuesday, but I now again have discount prices on almost all excursions. Not as hefty discounts as last week (which for me were up to ~45-50% off), but still around 25% off on many excursions at the moment.

Might be worth checking your Cruise Planner, if you have a sailing within the next 3-5 months.

Our cruise still had the "Sale" banner on Sunday evening, but the prices had returned to normal (even though the "ticker" said we still had several more hours of the sale).  On Monday, the sale was extended, but the sale prices were higher than the previous sale prices, even though the percentage off was supposed to be the same.  For example, last week one excursion we were considering was on sale for around $30 PP, and Monday, it was $39 PP, although allegedly still 25% off.