Will NCL exchange Ultimate Bev Package to other offer for alcoholics who abstain?

Mr. Music

9 minutes ago, Mr. Music said:

Will NCL exchange Ultimate Bev Package to other offer for alcoholics who abstain?

You can just use it for sodas, but you will still have paid the large gratuity.  Just don’t choose that option.  We have been able to change our selection prior to sailing.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Music said:

You can use the package for virgin drinks and sodas. But it would be cheaper to just buy a soda package than paying the tip on the alcohol package. 

That has to be worked out between the two in the cabin. Skip the beverage package or the alcoholic can order non alcoholic beverages. I am a non drinker so I will order sodas and juices.

We usually just pass on the package but decided to try it this trip. Probably won't be the best economic decision, but it will give us a different cruising experience this time.

I love to have cocktails on a cruise. My husband has not had any alcohol in 20 years(his choice, not an alcoholic). We still get the beverage package as a perk because he enjoys the virgin drinks. Works for us but may not be very economical.

Thank you for this question.

We have five adults in a cabin. First two have received the "perk", the other two want the perk and the fifth cannot drink, as of now, I thought the other two could not get the package without adding the the third person even if they don't drink.   

$800 is a lot of money to pay for someone that can't use the package but it leaves the other drinkers out, which is just so annoying (the five adults are my family so it is just one that cannot drink).

On 6/17/2019 at 12:37 AM, FLAHAM said:

....that would be much more reliably answered with a call to NCL.

Lots of people answering questions at NCL, and other cruiselines, really don't know the answer. From what I have heared, not my personal experience, if you call twice you will often get two different answers. Call again and you get a third answer to the same question!

1 hour ago, js said:

Thank you for this question.

We have five adults in a cabin. First two have received the "perk", the other two want the perk and the fifth cannot drink, as of now, I thought the other two could not get the package without adding the the third person even if they don't drink.   

$800 is a lot of money to pay for someone that can't use the package but it leaves the other drinkers out, which is just so annoying (the five adults are my family so it is just one that cannot drink).

For guests 3&4, it's probably better to pay for drinks a la carte instead of buying the package.

56 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

Lots of people answering questions at NCL, and other cruiselines, really don't know the answer. From what I have heared, not my personal experience, if you call twice you will often get two different answers. Call again and you get a third answer to the same question!

I would obtain some form of medical documentation that alcohol would be detrimental to health.  Then I would call the NCL accommodations branch and ask for a medical accommodation of my documented condition.  I further think that asking on Cruise Critic is pretty much a waste of time. 

45 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

For guests 3&4, it's probably better to pay for drinks a la carte instead of buying the package.

Thanks. Not sure for my family 🤣

On 6/16/2019 at 6:37 PM, FLAHAM said:

....that would be much more reliably answered with a call to NCL.

Considering the multitude of reports of people calling NCL to ask such questions and getting either different answers or incorrect answers, I tend to feel this board is indeed the best place to ask these questions.

2 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Are you in the Haven? Otherwise I would price check how much another room for the 2 that want to drink would be. 

Yes, we are in a two bedroom H4 in the Haven.  I thought about that too but we want to stay in the Haven.

On 6/20/2019 at 3:36 PM, js said:

Yes, we are in a two bedroom H4 in the Haven.  I thought about that too but we want to stay in the Haven.

Don't you get free drinks in the Haven or is it still just the first 2?

If you think the 2 other drinkers are going to drink more than the price for 3 then it's best to get it.... if not see how much 2 haven suites are instead of the family one.  Are you saying that each person would be paying $800, so $2400 for the 3? That would put a big dent in the price of another haven suite especially if you can ditch the 2 bedroom and get 2 "regular" haven cabins...

Just a thought, hope it helps..

3 minutes ago, bobsfamily said:

Haven usually gets all promo's offered unless you choose not to (and not paying the grats for it).

It is offered but it is not automatically forced upon anyone including Haven guests. When booking, it must be selected.

There are some Haven guests who do not select it.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

1 minute ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It is offered but it is not automatically forced upon anyone including Haven guests. When booking, it must be selected.

There are some Haven guests who do not select it.

I think we both said the same thing... thanks for restating though!