Classic beverage package

BRUCENLYNN

I’m Elite on Celebrity but I haven’t cruised in two years for unfortunate reasons. I’m getting the classic beverage package perk on my upcoming cruise and would like to know if anything has changed, I.e., can I pay the $10 per day to upgrade to the premium package?  If I stick with the classic are specialty coffees still included?  

Thanks

You can still purchase the per day upgrade for $10/day plus gratuity, which is now 20%. Depending on when you last cruised, there is one important thing to be aware of. Prior to the change, which was about 2 years ago, if you selected a drink which was above the classic limit (now set at $9), you had to pay for the full cost of the drink (plus gratuity), now you only have to pay the difference (plus gratuity). I.e. even if you had rage classic package, a $10 drink would have cost $12 with the gratuity, now it would only cost $1.20. This change has a big impact on whether the upgrade is worthwhile for you.

1 hour ago, BRUCENLYNN said:

I’m Elite on Celebrity but I haven’t cruised in two years for unfortunate reasons. I’m getting the classic beverage package perk on my upcoming cruise and would like to know if anything has changed, I.e., can I pay the $10 per day to upgrade to the premium package?  If I stick with the classic are specialty coffees still included?  

Thanks

Specialty coffees and teas are still included

Just now, Gail & Dan said:

can you upgrade one person or do Both people in the room need to upgrade 

Thankfully an individual can upgrade. You don't need everyone in your cabin to upgrade if they don't want to. 

27 minutes ago, capsplace said:

So....sounds like it'll be $12 per day to upgrade from Classic to Premium...correct?

Yes, my husband just upgraded to Premium and was charged $12 per day. I was not required to upgrade.