Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Obobru

Disney Magic Dry Dock Sept 2020

Posted (edited)

It looks like the Magic is going into dry dock from the end of September 2020 just before heading on the transatlantic. 

On my cruise on the ship in May I was talking to a member of the crew who advised the ship would be getting a new lounge (I imagine the same as what's just been announced for the Wonder) and a new new toddlers area on the same deck as the nursery. Strangely he said this would be in March but it's clearly for about 10-12 days in Sept. 

What other rumors have you heard or what would you like to see changed/improved while the ship is in dry dock? 

Edited by Obobru

It might be.  I believe without looking at dates, that the Dream is going into Dry Dock around Oct?  

I'm surprised they scheduled the dry dock right before the WBTA. In the past, many guests have done a B2B with the British Isles preceding the TA. I'm hearing that this is changing a lot of cruisers' plans.

1 hour ago, gometros said:

I'm surprised they scheduled the dry dock right before the WBTA. In the past, many guests have done a B2B with the British Isles preceding the TA. I'm hearing that this is changing a lot of cruisers' plans.

In 2015, the Disney Magic was in dry dock in Cadiz for two weeks right before the WBTA.

THey've done all sorts of things that messed with the possibility of a B2B of the last European cruise and TA.  One year they rented out the entire ship to a company for the week before, and as above, have previously done dry dock right before the crossing.

That said, we've done the B2Bs involving a TA, and it is AMAZING.