Cafe al Bacio without a drinks package

4Mast

2 hours ago, Snacheeze said:

What kind of pastries do they have? 

Usually some custard/ganache "bite-sizes", some tortes, some cookies and always a gluten-free alternative, which varies. It can be coconut macaroons or a gluten-free cookie variant.

Check out this video, where the cake display is shown quite clearly (starting at about 1:52):

Edited by mikkelhansen

13 minutes ago, Graciesmom2 said:

A pot of plan, ordinary tea at el Bacio of $5.00. I was very tired one afternoon and all I wanted was a good hot cup and stopped there. Learned it’s worth it to take the elevator to Oceanview. All the pastries are free. 

Also with a Classic or Premium beverage package? It says specialty coffees and organic teas are included.

Mikkelhansen.... we did not have any beverage package so the cost was up front for me. Not cost effective for us since a glass of wine with dinner is a big splurge. Our total cost at the end of the cruise for drinks, misc and a hot glass class ( for me) came to about $125 each. A lot less than a drink package ! We save so we can cruise more ! 

18 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Usually some custard/ganache "bite-sizes", some tortes, some cookies and always a gluten-free alternative, which varies. It can be coconut macaroons or a gluten-free cookie variant.

Check out this video, where the cake display is shown quite clearly (starting at about 1:52):

and this is on a 3 day rotation.  The cookies on top may be found at the buffet . In the morning there will be pastries, muffins, apple turnover... All are much better than the buffet offerings. Sometimes there will be a cake or pie day at the buffet where you might see something from here but don't count on it 

21 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I would bring your own tea bags if you want to ensure you have decaf/tetley.  Doesn't take up much room in your luggage.  🍷

I have found the better tea bags in the mornings early in the cruise . I have learned to toss a few in my bag to cover lunch and the later days of the cruise where it appears that they have run out of everything except First tea brand which is sappy

51 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

and this is on a 3 day rotation.  The cookies on top may be found at the buffet . In the morning there will be pastries, muffins, apple turnover... All are much better than the buffet offerings. Sometimes there will be a cake or pie day at the buffet where you might see something from here but don't count on it 

On one ship they had huge blueberry muffins, twice the size you got at the buffet.  The word got around, and if you didn't get down there early in the morning (i think they open around 7am), they were all gone.  They were made exclusively for al Bacio.  🍷

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

On one ship they had huge blueberry muffins, twice the size you got at the buffet.  The word got around, and if you didn't get down there early in the morning (i think they open around 7am), they were all gone.  They were made exclusively for al Bacio.  🍷

oh I know those muffins. Most of the offerings are made just for the cafe. I live in the blueberry capital of the world so I am nice and leave these muffins for others who are less fortunate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1